DNA Possession Football - core skill

Hi!!

I'm starting a career with West Ham, and I intend to create a Barca-style club, therefore with the development of the youth sector and a DNA of the club.

I was thinking about the fundamental skills for possession football, and I thought of these...
Technical:
-First touch
-Passing
-Technique

Mental:
-Composure
-Anticipation
-Teamwork
-Off the ball(midfielders and offensive players)
-Position(midfielders and defensive players)
-Flair(offensive players)
-Decisions
-Vision

Physical:
-Agility
-Balance

Can anyone tell me if I'm on the right track? and if there are posts on the forum that talk about this project of mine that I want to do?

Thank you!

I also have a West Ham “Academy of Football” save going.

One thing I’ll add - try to get a Head of Youth Development who not only has a great personality but also favours both your chosen style of play and formation.  The HoYD can influence not only newgen personalities but also the type of newgen player created during your annual youth intake.  It’s not guaranteed to happen but you should stand a bit more of a chance of generating young technical players if your HoYD favours a technical game rather than, say, a direct style of play.  Not the end of the world if you can’t get one.

Also, if you really want to maximise your chances, think about taking over both General and Individual training for the U18s team at least.  That way you can tailor everything towards the technical style of play you want.  If that all sounds too much, at the very least take control yourself of Individual training for all 3 squads.

Finally try to get the Board to upgrade all facilities, Youth Recruitment and Junior coaching asap.  In my save my Board agreed to all first season except Junior coaching, although they did approach me at the end of the season to ask if it would be a good idea.  Thanks Dave, if only I’d thought of that :D.

Oh - and if your save goes like mine did the Board may have a “small” surprise for you at the end of the season…

32 minuti fa, herne79 ha scritto:

One thing I’ll add - try to get a Head of Youth Development who not only has a great personality but also favours both your chosen style of play and formation.  The HoYD can influence not only newgen personalities but also the type of newgen player created during your annual youth intake.  It’s not guaranteed to happen but you should stand a bit more of a chance of generating young technical players if your HoYD favours a technical game rather than, say, a direct style of play.  Not the end of the world if you can’t get one.

Now i'm in June 2024, and i search new HoYD, like your suggestions! thanks man..

33 minuti fa, herne79 ha scritto:

Also, if you really want to maximise your chances, think about taking over both General and Individual training for the U18s team at least.  That way you can tailor everything towards the technical style of play you want.  If that all sounds too much, at the very least take control yourself of Individual training for all 3 squads.

I already control training of first, u23 and u18 squads, with trainings dedicate for first team, and youth.. this is already done! :applause:

34 minuti fa, herne79 ha scritto:

Finally try to get the Board to upgrade all facilities, Youth Recruitment and Junior coaching asap.  In my save my Board agreed to all first season except Junior coaching, although they did approach me at the end of the season to ask if it would be a good idea.  Thanks Dave, if only I’d thought of that :D.

image.png.010735f390e3de6dd45d6158e8ee9127.pngimage.png.d5f4986f79b4cf8977f67b68b61d68df.png

this is the situation.. 2 grouw up of recruitment and one grow up of training facilities!!

But... the skill that i mentioned above, in your opinion are corretcs?

52 minutes ago, Mik_Fe said:

But... the skill that i mentioned above, in your opinion are corretcs?

Yeh ok.  You could perhaps focus a little more on core skills but developing well rounded players as you are with a bias towards technical skills should be fine.

Yes i think that there are the skill that i need to see when i watch the players..

but, in my opinion the real Core Skill are:

first touch

tecnique

passing

composure

anticipation

vision

for me these are the best skill that i need to have!

there any tips to produce this tipe of dna inti the club??

Decisions I think is super important. Players need to know what to do with the ball and the faster control play needs quick decisions with shorter time on the ball. I'd maybe prioritize that over composure although both are important. 

I'm doing a similar project and one key element I want is acceleration and plays one-twos.

Dani Alves and Jordi Alba were both pretty fast and in these positions I'd also focus on speed. And in general I think it's important to have fast players who can burst into space. 

Also look at this analysis by evidence based football manager: https://www.dropbox.com/s/bm9wtlofuwlhf5m/Training 7 for Dropbox.xlsx?dl=0

Like I use the one on one GK training quite a bit, because it develops some physical, key metal and technical attributes for outfield players very well. Before seeing his analysis I would have never picked that training session.

Finally.. I found the CORE SKILL for possession football:

Tecnique: First touch, passing, tecnique

Mental: Decisions, composure, anticipation, vision (second but not less important for me flair, teamwork and position - off the ball, depends for offensive or defensive players)

Physical: nothing core attribute but i take a look at agility, acceleration and balance..#

Thanks guys for your help!

Now i've the base to create a DNA Club..

Hi @Mik_Fe, nice ti see you here too

Spoiler

I'm The_Fox_in_the_Box from FMIF

In FM22 I did something similar playing with a 4-3-3, in order to fine tune things in this style I suggest you don't forget about player traits.

For example, I taught to most of my players the trait "Plays One-Twos" to not to be a static and predictable team in possession, to the DM and the other holding CM the trait "Likes to switch ball to the other flank" to unlock defenses on the far side after overloading one flank, I make my IW to learn the "Hugs touchline" trait in order to stretch the defense and make more room to my Mezzala to run into...and so on, based on how you play your team think about PPMs that could be useful and try to train your player to learn them. Obviously it requires time, or as a PL team you probably can afford to buy players that already have the skills and the PPMs that you need

Edited by Fox-7-

1 ora fa, Fox-7- ha scritto:

Hi @Mik_Fe, nice ti see you here too

Rivela contenuti nascosti

I'm The_Fox_in_the_Box from FMIF

In FM22 I did something similar playing with a 4-3-3, in order to fine tune things in this style I suggest you don't forget about player traits.

For example, I taught to most of my players the trait "Plays One-Twos" to not to be a static and predictable team in possession, to the DM and the other holding CM the trait "Likes to switch ball to the other flank" to unlock defenses on the far side after overloading one flank, I make my IW to learn the "Hugs touchline" trait in order to stretch the defense and make more room to my Mezzala to run into...and so on, based on how you play your team think about PPMs that could be useful and try to train your player to learn them. Obviously it requires time, or as a PL team you probably can afford to buy players that already have the skills and the PPMs that you need

Hi Fox!! What a pleasure to meet you here…
I absolutely agree with you… I have a table with all the PPI divided by role. . the ones that would need. . and there are those you said and many others (the attacker who returns to take the ball, the outside that throws into the area, the directors who try the decisive assist etc)
I'm really glad you looked at the discussion. . it's going well the season I'm facing but in my opinion in certain games there is a bug in possession. .
Dominated matches and won 3-0 with 0 shots in the goal for opponents, possession of my 33/35%. .
And it is first in dribbling carried out. . but it can be that we jump the man if they do not have a passage, then above all triplets and wings have the dribble more and they carry the ball safe so much so much triplets because they cross from the bottom line carrying so much ball, and the external always jump man to create numerical superiority.
Thank you for the comment Fox!