Patches and memory

Wandering if someone can help me I downloaded the latest patch tonight. All of a sudden my laptop is saying out of disk space. There was virtually nothing to delete as literally I hardly have anything on my laptop. But I did managed to make ninimum amount of space and enough to cover the latest patch.However even though the patch is installed my disk space is very low. I’m worried now that the next patch that comes out I won’t be able to download. So am really stuck as I aim on continuing the save that I have started but don’t want it to not work when new patch comes out. Any help will be immensely appreciated!!! I got the game via steam If that helps with anything.

Edited by Brad0026

2 hours ago, FrazT said:

How much space is available on your hard drive?- if it is getting close to being full, you will need to look at what is installed there are uninstall some of the programs that are not in use.

Barely any tried that it’s still saying it’s nearly full so you think a full factory reset would work?

A factory reset should be the last resort as it will uninstall any software that you have installed since the purchase and that could be a problem.  It is hard nowadays to fill a hard drive, so I would look again at what is installed and then download an app that can check and uninstall any unwanted programs.

2 hours ago, FrazT said:

A factory reset should be the last resort as it will uninstall any software that you have installed since the purchase and that could be a problem.  It is hard nowadays to fill a hard drive, so I would look again at what is installed and then download an app that can check and uninstall any unwanted programs.

Will look can you play football manager without patch updates?

3 minutes ago, Brad0026 said:

Will look can you play football manager without patch updates?

Only if you remain offline. 

Have you even tried to find out what is causing your drive to be full? How much memory do you have on it in the first place? Do you have a separate data drive? My laptop has a C and a D drive. The D drive is much larger, and this is where I install most of my games. Check to see if this is similar to your set up. 

3 hours ago, Brad0026 said:

Barely any tried that it’s still saying it’s nearly full so you think a full factory reset would work?

How much space do you have free?

If you go to "This PC".... what is the capacity and how much is free (as per the below.... mine is also fairly full).

image.png.778aaf57a6a21112a84a1772d9681100.png

you need 10% of your C: free for the machine to run. as you open certain apps they will need to use that free space for memory.

right click on your C: drive, then properties, disk cleanup & clean up system files

image.thumb.png.968279fae2df50c6092c294629a780a5.png

I'd also say to install this app as it will allow you to sort your entire disk by the size of each folder and drill down to see whats taking up all the space. It could be something really random :)

https://www.jam-software.com/treesize_free

3 hours ago, Carninho said:

you need 10% of your C: free for the machine to run. as you open certain apps they will need to use that free space for memory.

right click on your C: drive, then properties, disk cleanup & clean up system files

image.thumb.png.968279fae2df50c6092c294629a780a5.png

I'd also say to install this app as it will allow you to sort your entire disk by the size of each folder and drill down to see whats taking up all the space. It could be something really random :)

https://www.jam-software.com/treesize_free

Thank you so much mate illl give it a try much appreciated

From my own experience FM looks like it's small, but when you start adding graphics to it, it will increase by up to 30 gigabytes. This is solely the reason why I've my documents folder on my HDD, since my 128 SSD will not survive otherwise. 

44 minutes ago, Carninho said:

yeah i'd avoid adding 3rd party facepacks. the club badges are fine but everything else becomes huge very quickly

True.  My user data folder, which includs graphics and saved games, measures in at almost 30GB.

If you're not really computer savvy or even if you are but have just not paid much attention to the storage on your machine for a while then try this video - you'd be surprised how much superfluous stuff can build up on there that you wouldn't know about -