View only leagues fm24

Yes, Newgen's will be generated if you load the players database for said league but that's about it. Say for example you set La Liga to view only, Newgen's will generate but once the real-world manager is sacked/leaves the team will be managerless from there on. Also view only leagues won't be as active in the transfer market in turn weakening them as the game progresses. 

If you are only interested in Newgen's then view only is fine, but keep in mind it will affect international and continental competition quality as the game goes on.

8 hours ago, jyny said:

once the real-world manager is sacked/leaves the team will be managerless from there on

Isn't that tied to reputation? IIRC if a team has a high enough reputation they'll still get new managers even if in a view only league. Probably only applies to a handful of teams in the world though.

6 minutes ago, rusty217 said:

Isn't that tied to reputation? IIRC if a team has a high enough reputation they'll still get new managers even if in a view only league. Probably only applies to a handful of teams in the world though.

I think it's all leagues regardless of reputation. Every view only league I've added on previous editions once the manager goes, they aren't replaced. I may be wrong but I've had saves where Barcelona, Bayern, etc are managerless until I make the leagues playable.

Just to add to the general conversation I think its worth mentioning that you can run a lot more active leagues on FM24 than you could on FM23.

Early results on the benchmarking thread suggests that if you run all leagues as active on FM24 then its (around) twice as quick as it was in FM23

So if you usually run say 20 active leagues I recon you could easily push that to say 30-40 without any difference in performance.

Edited by Brother Ben

I manage all leagues in view only except the league i am gonna manage

Never had problems with lack of newgens and never saw in my saves teams like barça ou bayern with "managerless " and i do 15/20 years in a save

I always use something like 140/150 k of players and i use always this setup with all continents

4061ae4ad61d4ec63cefcc3c64ce050b.png