New nations Europe no longer qualify for the Champions League

animal31

On 09/11/2023 at 13:35, forameuss said:

Yeah, as far as I know that was always the thing, you needed to replace a nation rather than add (unless you completely rebuilt everything).

Being a transcontinental country, Kazakhstan joined UEFA in 2002. The usual approach is to undo this and move them back to the Asian Football Confederation. Then move out from the AFC one of the lowest ranked nations from that region, making that AFC nation a non-FIFA member.

12 minutes ago, nine_iron said:

Being a transcontinental country, Kazakhstan joined UEFA in 2002. The usual approach is to undo this and move them back to the Asian Football Confederation. Then move out from the AFC one of the lowest ranked nations from that region, making that AFC nation a non-FIFA member.

Is moving say Guam to Oceania an option?

On 09/11/2023 at 22:35, forameuss said:

Yeah, as far as I know that was always the thing, you needed to replace a nation rather than add (unless you completely rebuilt everything).

I'm pretty sure it's only been since the new UCL format with the league stage.

Before that Europe would automatically adjust for extra nations. TBH it's especially weird that it seems to be a hard cap of 54 at the moment when there are 55 UEFA member nations. If/when Russia ever get unbanned SI are going to need to recode that.

IIRC people would do the Kazakhstan move mentioned above for international tournaments (although unlike club tournaments they were relatively easy to recreate with a larger max nations limit) rather than club tournaments which would adjust for extra nations.

14 hours ago, rusty217 said:

I'm pretty sure it's only been since the new UCL format with the league stage.

Before that Europe would automatically adjust for extra nations. TBH it's especially weird that it seems to be a hard cap of 54 at the moment when there are 55 UEFA member nations. If/when Russia ever get unbanned SI are going to need to recode that.

IIRC people would do the Kazakhstan move mentioned above for international tournaments (although unlike club tournaments they were relatively easy to recreate with a larger max nations limit) rather than club tournaments which would adjust for extra nations.

It might be that the hard cap was put in to avoid Russia suddenly popping up.

7 hours ago, Wolf_pd said:

It might be that the hard cap was put in to avoid Russia suddenly popping up.

I don't believe that is the case, because IIRC Russia's id is banned via hardcode.
This FM23 mod, for example, had to transfer everything from Russia to the Soviet Union in order to put them back into UEFA Continentals: https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=2886950813
Though it's not impossible that someone in the SI Russia wanted to double-ban Russia, or something.

I don't believe it's the UCL changes either, because I don't think this problem existed in FM21 with the start of the ECL?

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

In FM 2023 if you remove the team registration from U21 nation competition for ex. gibraltar,  new european nation tjhat you created will able to join all competitions beside of the Gibraltar. but this time teams are unable to seen and directly hard coded and unable to make changes to it.

I suggest you replace the nation by either bringing back Kazakhstan to the AFC or unchecking the worldwide governing body on the lowest UEFA ranking nation i.e. San Marino. But if you brought Kazakhstan back to AFC, your nation will not enter international continental competitions like the UEFA Nations League and EURO Qualifiers. I'm messing with this a couple of days ago and I can bring my custom nation to UEFA Nations League and EURO Qualifiers by removing San Marino from both competitions registered teams (separate the editor data between your nation rules and international competition data). By doing that, your custom nation can qualify for UEFA international competition and also the club in your custom nation can join UEFA continental competitions.

• 3 months later...
On 03/12/2023 at 16:30, animal31 said:

It looks like this works, when combined with the "custom nation in Europe" file

I just wanted to confirm that this works still with the new update