FM24 : Nottingham Not Notts Forest Thread

download.png.55b61e3999d39b033391c6b261744c17.png

download.jpg.2e320d65c1b2a1c4118cfa4c1b5e705c.jpgdownload.jpg.de7e9d805aca2abb2a7ed90171f2833f.jpg

download.jpg.3942d32205d0e22bf963b5724499002e.jpg

Squad Numbers

1. Matt Turner

2. Giulian Biancone

4. Joe Worrall

5. Orel Mangala

6. Jonjo Shelvey

7. Neco Williams

8. Cheikhou Kouyaté

9. Taiwo Awoniyi

10. Morgan Gibbs-White

11. Chris Wood

13. Wayne Hennessey

14. Gustavo Scarpa

15. Harry Toffolo

17. Alex Mighten

18. Felipe

19. Moussa Niakhaté

20. Brennan Johnson

21. Anthony Elanga

22. Ryan Yates

23. Remo Freuler

24. Serge Aurier

25. Emmanuel Dennis

26. Scott McKenna

27. Omar Richards

28. Danilo

30. Willy Boly

32. Lewis O'Brien

34. Ethan Horvath

35. Hwang Ui-jo

36. Loïc Mbe Soh

38. George Shelvey

39. Jonathan Panzo

41. Brandon Aguilera

42. Mohamed Dräger

43. Ola Aina

44. Tyrese Fornah

Edited by Ronaldo Beckham

Nottingham Forest On FM24

image.thumb.png.7b96224c45a6fe81d537b3faaea79b00.png

image.thumb.png.171c8c6bdd6b09d31427b4039b977a8a.png

Squad Overview

Best Overall 11

image.thumb.png.e4688a1a764f1fbe5d5d476a73077574.png

Board & Fans Expectations

image.thumb.png.749c4d6d7ee362727bd3685ae4324679.png

Board expectations fairly easily with us signing players under 23 years old so I will be limiting how many players I sign aged over 23 years old. This suits my transfer policy so I am fine with this.

Of course they want us to play attacking football, work within the wage budget and they want us to avoid relegation which we should be able to do.

image.thumb.png.71d3334ce17726801bd462548748a744.png

Fans expectations is to beat our rivals Derby or Leicester if we play them in cup games, develop players from the youth system, play entertaining football and remain in the Premiership.

Transfer Policy

I will be trying to replicate Nottingham Forest's real life transfer policy of signing South American players under 23 years old, players who have played a fair bit already in the Premiership, African players and bringing players through the youth system which was a key reason why they got promoted from the Championship to the Prem but they changed their transfer policy once they got into the Premiership. 

I want to try have 1 or 2 players in the first team from the youth system in the next couple of seasons.

Looking at the finances it is not looking good in the long run for Forest with the club projected to be in £60m debt by the end of the first season and up to £150m in debt by the end of the 3rd season. 

We need to change that with smart recruitment.

The long term goals is to keep them up in the Premiership, make them a settled Premiership team and also win the league and Champions League.

I was inspired to manage Nottingham Forest after checking out @theBlackPrince's Nottingham Forest career thread 

I will update everyone as I go along. If anyone else decides to manage Nottingham Forest then feel free to post in here.

Thanks for reading.

Looking forward to seeing how you go about this Nottingham Forest save compared to mine! The finances will be interesting that is for sure for us both, hopefully they are widely wrong but we shall see. Haven't got through many weeks so far in pre-season but I'll post up some team stuff in here once I get my final squad sorted!

16 minutes ago, theBlackPrince said:

Looking forward to seeing how you go about this Nottingham Forest save compared to mine! The finances will be interesting that is for sure for us both, hopefully they are widely wrong but we shall see. Haven't got through many weeks so far in pre-season but I'll post up some team stuff in here once I get my final squad sorted!

Cheers buddy. I will be keeping an eye out in your thread.

I have offered out any player that is old or rubbish to generate money. 

I have so far managed to get rid of Ethan Horvath for £1.7m,  Kouyate for £1.6m, I somehow got £4m for Serge Aurier:D

I sold Hennesey for £10k as well and I managed to get Fleetwood to pay 10% of Harry Arter's wage to take him on loan for the season as well.

Summer Transfer Window

Transfers Out

Serge Aurier - £4.1m to Ajax

Ethan Horvath - £1.7m to Strasbourg

Chekiou Kouyate - £1.6m to Ajax

Ateef Konate - £80k to Barnsley

Julian Larsson - £15.75k to Landskrona BoIS

Will Brook - £12.75k to Preston

Felippe - Free Transfer to Juventus

Wayne Hennessey - Free Transfer to Konyaspor

Ethan Hull - Free Transfer to Sutton United

Aaron Korpal - Free Transfer to Cambridge United

Pharrell Johnson - Free Transfer to Sunderland

Scott McKenna - Loan to Wolves

Harry Arter - Loan to Fleetwood

Harry Toffolo - Loan to Middlesborough

Also loaned out quite a few of my players from my academy to get first team football.

Transfers In

David De Gea - Free Transfer

image.thumb.png.0c0e1d175fba001a7b42fe131e0be322.png

I signed him as a no brainer signing as you would always want someone as great as De Gea is.  He has played most games this season with 2 clean sheets so far. 

Lautauro Cano - £185k from Velez

image.thumb.png.7932b85c41ecf166b13bd0b3fabe7bfd.png

One for the future. I have sent him to Crewe on loan and he has played 11 games for them so far. I am glad he is getting first team football. Hopefully it will work out for him and he will come back a better player.

Noah Solskjaer - Free Transfer from Spjelkavik IL

image.thumb.png.12ada5c5c40a2dac34fbf92199bbb454.png

Not that good. I bought him mostly cos he was Ole's son and the scouts rated him with 3 stars potential. He didn't cost me anything and he has gone on loan to Sognadal. He has done well for them so far playing 11 games and getting 5 assists.

Christian Kouame - Loan from Fiorentina 

image.thumb.png.007937ed8f8ed4e4358142bdc54933c6.png

Kouame has done well so far with 2 goals and 1 assist in 7 games.

I have also signed Diego Rolan, Timo Horn, Jozo Simunovic, Harvin Ongenda, Sulayman Marreh and Valon Berisha on free transfers to fill out the squad a bit and also be good mentors for the younger players.

January Transfer Window

Transfers Out

Taiwo Awoniyi - £27m to Al-Nassr

Orel Mangala - £8m to Al-Nassr

Richie Laryea - £1.7m to San Jose Earthquakes

Harry Arter - Free Transfer to MK Dons

Chris Wood - Loan to FC Twente(£10.75m Optional Transfer Fee)

Matt Turner - Loan to Sporting Lisbon

Transfers In

Thiago Almada - £11m from Atlanta United

image.thumb.png.19d1905ce7878cb76f1e81c39803ea20.png

Almada has been an amazing signing so far with 7 goals and 3 assists since arriving in January. He just scored 4 and got 1 assist in the last game we played. £11M is a steal for such a talented player.

Already rated at £29m-£40m potential value.

Valentin Barco - £8m from Boca Juniors

image.thumb.png.c6a6fcda926c4b0715c5a429bf7150e3.png

£8m for a wonderkid with such great potential is a great deal. He hasn't played much as he is one for the future. I see him playing for us for a long long time. Already valued at £31m-£39m. He will definitely be playing for Argentina soon.

Sebastian Villa - £4m from Boca Juniors

image.thumb.png.eba7c51b0e1da3ed2d71d47453ac26d6.png

Another player I have signed from Boca Juniors. He hasn't played for us yet. I bought him as I needed some right wingers but other players have kept him out of the team. I will probably look to sell him in the summer.

Anderson Duarte - £1m from Defensor Sporting

image.thumb.png.77f6e3d7d7e89bfca6cc18f0bf9924b0.png

Anderson Duarte was signed by my DOF and he has been really good so far with 1 goal and 2 assists. A bargain at £1m. Already valued at £40m-£47m.

I have also agreed deals to bring in loanees Nuno Tavares, Divorck Origi and Gonzalo Montel after their great performances so far.

Edited by Ronaldo Beckham

Nottingham Forest Season 1 Review

download.png.489d48ad2fdb089fbc3f4219da93e3b3.png]

Competitions

image.thumb.png.c26450612af62b53a3d5a5dbd22bbfe7.png

A lovely unexpected 3rd place finish for us in my first season in charge. I was just glad not to get relegated.

Best Players

Anthony Elanga

image.thumb.png.14a7c4dee068449b9ce4b61c2c032cbb.png

Elanga was sublime for me at times. He won us games on his own at times. 11 goals, 8 assists, the best average rating at the club with a 7.19 rating and also got 5 Man Of The Match's.

Ryan Yates

image.thumb.png.55d8cf2bc38363bd5e7e7edd69845baf.png

Yates for me was the surprise of the season as he was just amazing for me when he played. Think of Frank Lampard in his peak years for Chelsea. He was also our top goalscorer for the season with 12 goals. He also got 7 assists, Had an average rating of 7.14 and got 3 Man Of The Match's.

Nuno Tavares

image.thumb.png.ca746d5b1c192ac34dd967388071ff4b.png

Signing of the season was on loan left back Nuno Tavares who got 13 assists and was a great weapon with his brilliant crosses. 

I am happy to say I have signed him on a permanent transfers for £12m. 

Other notable mentions go to David De Gea who was very solid and got 9 clean sheets for the season.

Gonzalo Montel was my main penalty taker and he never missed when he took one for us.  Unfortunately he got injured in Feb but he still managed to get 6 goals and 5 assists for the season.

Callum Hudson-Odoi proved the doubters wrong with him having a great season for us with 9 goals and 5 assists.

Morgan Gibbs-White was injury prone but when he played he gave us a bit of extra flair and he managed to get 7 goals and 8 assists. 

Really excited to see how we do in season 2.

I was given a transfer budget of £40m but I am being careful with how I spend it due to the long term financial mess Nottingham Forest are in.

If I get good offers for any of my players then they will be sold as the long term finances of the club are very important.

Finally time to start to set the scene on here for Forest. A large squad to start the game with with many incoming players to the squad this summer, not quite the 30 of last summer. There are a few small moves that can be done to reduce the wage budget slightly and put a few million in the bank, but not loads to go after new signings. Here is my first team squad for the first season. There may be some more options in the January transfer window to sell players and make changes but I'm happy with the squad and playing with the real team for the season.

9.thumb.png.1013198bfeb4d7ffcd44207abbe76348.png

10.thumb.png.313d076ba6c23028a03881f53037e042.png

11.thumb.png.4e3a3fdc5b70805197c724f642d6fc79.png

12.thumb.png.bab72ab24a376f1c2d58271a4f29ac83.png

27 minutes ago, theBlackPrince said:

3rd in the first season, bloody hell lad! That's remarkable, not sure I'll even crack the top half! How did you line up?

Yates is a player, always will be! Hard to get into the line-up with the other players brought in now but will always be a Forest legend!

Cheers mate. When you say how am I lining up I assume you mean what tactics am I using.

I found this tactic that works really well with every team I have managed on FM24 so far.

This is the tactic.

image.thumb.png.88818b46ba5d3d743fa608b40b125d0e.png

image.thumb.png.3b518c2faac0303aacdfc6af9cc377ab.png

image.thumb.png.babbf5f3fa4279676bdec15beaf7f9d6.png

image.thumb.png.9717a80c5b42a3da25205c10f7c02811.png

I will be doing an update in a minute with my summer transfers in and out. 

I have changed the team a lot in a short period of time. 

Looking forward to seeing how you do in your first season with Forest.

I've seen that tactic but I'm trying to use my own this time around! I enjoy all out centre mid players in real life so I'm trying to use them all in my save.

Barco was signed by an Italian team really early in my save, I had a chance for De Gea but decided to keep the two at the club for the year! Its good to have one more "current team" save and one more "lots of changes" to have totally different saves and stories! I did sent Origi back from his loan also :eek:

Summer Transfer Window

Transfers Out

Ibrahim Sangare - £54m to Al-Ahii

Nicholas Dominguez - £38m to Al-Nassr

Moussa Niakhate - £24m to Al-Nassr

Remo Freuier - £17.75m to Real Socidad

Ola Aina - £10m to Al-Ittihad

Emmanuel Denis - £8.75m to Al-Nassr

Jonathan Pozzo - £6.5m to Al-Qadsiah

Lewis O'Brian - £5m to Luton

Gustavo Scarpa - £4.8m to Cadiz

Nathaniel Chalobah - £4.1m to Las Palmas

Jonjo Shelvey - £3.3m to Luton

Scott McKenna - £2.9m to Wolves

Harry Toffolo - £2.6m to Middlesbrough

Hwang-Ui-Jo - £2.1m to Levante

Timo Horn - £245k to Ipswich

Matt Turner - £195k to Sporting Lisbon

Transfers In

Beraldo - £30m from Sao Paulo

image.thumb.png.f12e075b09f9b0bf50e04fc06222a643.png

Beraldo is probably a big investment of £30m for a wonderkid centre back but I feel like he will come good in the end. Valued at £55m-£77m. He has a bright future.

Sebastian Boselli - £19m from River Plate

image.thumb.png.ed889452f4942e6172a56c6a0a5e1f00.png

Boselli is another talented South American defender who cost me £19m but again I think he has a very bright future with a value of £50m-£71m. He has amazing Crossing, Heading, Tackling, Anticipation etc. With a Fairly Determined personality he also looks like a good Captain in the making. 

Oscar Gloukh - £16.5m from Red Bull Salzburg

image.thumb.png.2c838504b64d6b24628a931a5579cb89.png  

Gloukh is well known in the FM community and when I had the chance to sign him I had to take it. 

Signed for a bargain price of £16.5m he is already valued at £79m-£92m. Another 20 year old we are building the future of the club with. 4 goals in 6 games already has instantly made him a fans favourite already.

Harry Maguire - £16.25m from Manchester United

image.thumb.png.8c84e761d8a12e87c8f2f0974263d430.png

When I noticed he was available I had to sign him. He is a great older head to help with the young players we have. Also comes into the club as Vice Captain behind Jamal Lascelles who we bought back to the club on a free transfer after he was released by Newcastle. 

With Maguire, Lascelles and Joe Worrall at the club we have some great profressional players to help guide the young wonderkids we have.

Other Transfers In

Gonzalo Montel - £12.5m from Sevilla

Nuno Tavares - £12m from Arsenal

Hugo Guillamon - £11.75m from Valencia

Sebastian Vegas - £9.25m from CF Monterrey

Panos Retsos - £9m from Olympiakos

Mady Camara - £7.5m from Olympiakos

Jeronimo Domina - £5.5m from Union de Santa Fe

Divorck Origi - £3.9m from AC Milan

Isssa Kabore - £2.5m from Manchester City

Sergio Busquets - £2.5m from Inter Miami

Christian Kouame - £2m from Fiorentina

David Serrano - £275k from Real Madrid Castilla

Dennis Praet - Free Transfer

Nathanial Chalobah - Free Transfer

Jamal Lascelles - Free Transfer

Will Hughes - Free Transfer

Armando Broja - Loan with £28.5m going to Chelsea once he has played 25 games for us

Like I said big changes. It will either go one way or the other. 

23 minutes ago, theBlackPrince said:

I've seen that tactic but I'm trying to use my own this time around! I enjoy all out centre mid players in real life so I'm trying to use them all in my save.

Barco was signed by an Italian team really early in my save, I had a chance for De Gea but decided to keep the two at the club for the year! Its good to have one more "current team" save and one more "lots of changes" to have totally different saves and stories! I did sent Origi back from his loan also :eek:

Yeah I think I should of stuck with the original squad more instead of just flooding them with wonderkids. 

Origi hasn't played much this season so far. He will be an impact sub more then the main man up front.

14 hours ago, alwo said:

Out of genuine interest, having spent and received quite a lot of money and still playing in the Premier League, what exactly makes Forest's finances SO bad that the save cannot possibly be continued?

I haven't got the save game file anymore to show you screenshots but my projected finances were saying Nottingham Forest would be £350m in the red within 3 years. I was originally projected to be £500m in the red but I sold a few players for good money to the Saudi clubs.

1 hour ago, shakey.bridge said:

Did you not try to reduce the wage bill?  manage the finances?  

Yeah I did what I could. 

I also was getting bored with how easy it was. I was top of the league by a few points by March time in my 2nd season. 

I prefer saves that are more difficult.

It might have been just me that was having issues with finances.

Maybe you two could manage Nottingham Forest and see how you can do with them.

3 hours ago, Ronaldo Beckham said:

I haven't got the save game file anymore to show you screenshots but my projected finances were saying Nottingham Forest would be £350m in the red within 3 years. I was originally projected to be £500m in the red but I sold a few players for good money to the Saudi clubs.

Yeah I did what I could. 

I also was getting bored with how easy it was. I was top of the league by a few points by March time in my 2nd season. 

I prefer saves that are more difficult.

It might have been just me that was having issues with finances.

Maybe you two could manage Nottingham Forest and see how you can do with them.

I have enough on my plate at the moment managing another debt ridden club, and my saves usually last a long time, but if I get sacked and the Forest job comes up you never know.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Finished up season one with Forest.

Ended up finishing 15th in the league, a fairly comfortable 11 points from the relegation places. The FA cup we got to the 5th round before losing to Wigan of all teams, 2-1 after extra-time and the league cup we were dumped out in the 3rd round losing to a strong Man United side.

Stand-out players of the season were definitely Chris Wood (16 goals in 32 league appearances) and Taiwo Awoniyi (12 in 29). Elanga (11 goals, 6 assists in 36) and Hudson-Odo (7 goals, 6 assists in 36) i both impressed as well. In other areas, Murillo impressed at the back with an average rating of 6.90 over the season (highest of all defenders).

Summer transfer window I was given a decent kitty of around £45m - wanted to add another few attacking players and replace some ageing defenders. Window ended up looking like this:

Ins:
Rodrigo Ribeiro (Sporting CP, 
£10.5m)
Omari Benjamin (Arsenal, free)
Jack Moorhouse (Manchester United, free)
Zack Steffen (Manchester City, £1.1m)
Lawrence Vigouroux (Burnley, £300,000)
Gonzalo Montiel (Sevilla, £8.5m)
Neal Maupay (Everton, £4m rising to £4.8m)
Manor Solomon (Tottenham, loan)
David Brooks (AFC Bournemouth, loan)
Tobias Slotsager (OB, £3.8m)
Wout Faes (Leicester City, £15m rising to £22m)

Outs:
Scott McKenna (Wolves, free)
Joe Worrall (Crystal Palace, loan)
Fin Back (Hibernian, free)
Cheikou Kouyate (Cagliari, free)
Felipe (Corinthians, free)
Gustavo Scarpa (Al-Qadish, £4m)
Matt Turner (Al-Shabab, loan)
Odysseas Vlachodimos (West Ham, loan)
Jonjo Shelvey (Luton, £3.9m)
Hwang Ui-Jo (Al-Raed, £2.3m)
Remo Freuler (Real Sociedad, £10.5m)
Lewis O'Brien (Bologna, loan)
Josh Bowler (Sheffield Wednesday, £5m)
jonathan Panzo (AZ, loan)
Richie Laryea (Luton, £2.3m)

A fairly decent squad refresh - getting some high wages off the books. Leaves my squad for the upcoming season looking like:

GK: Sels, Steffen, Vigoroux
DR: Montiel, Williams
DL: Richards, Toffolo, Aina
DC: Niakhate, Murillo, Omabomidele, Faes
DM: Dominguez, Sangare, Danilo, Yates
AM: Gibbs-White, Brooks, Elanga, Hudson-Odoi, Solomon, Dennis
FC: Awoniyi, Woods, Maupay, Ribeiro

Still have a few weeks before the window closes, currently unsure on the left-back situation. I wanted Tavares back from Arsenal but they wouldn't loan him back and he refused to join on a permanent deal.

I think with the additions of Brooks and Solomon in the attacking areas should give us enough for a push for mid-table this season.