Driver Nvidia.

Hello I need help, when I start football manager 23 I get a screen that tells me that I have a version of the old nvidia driver, when I have the latest driver installed on the pc, everywhere tells me that I have the latest driver less in the game as I correct this error ?, is it possible that this is why I have such a sharp drop in FPS in the game?

I use the Nvidia app on my laptop, as it updates (drivers) fairly frequently. You can go into it and check/ download the latest software, specifically for FM (there’s a tab for each of my FM downloads).

Maybe you’re doing this too, but if not, it’s definitely worth a look. 

You mean nvidia's geforce experience software? Because there it tells me that I have the latest version of the controller, it is the delete the cache and preferences folders and when I start the game when I get a message (within the game itself) in which it tells me that I have an old version running with Football Manager 23.

i run win 11 and have nvidia geforce experience software installed and a have no issues.  Periodically fm will ask me if I want to check my drivers, but that's maybe once a month.. last driver update for me was 18/7/23..

On 30/07/2023 at 12:51, tininresacoso said:

I use Windows 11 and I always use DDU instaler to remove the old driver, with the network disabled but there is no way, football manager keeps telling me that I have an old version of the driver installed.

I believe Fm is set to ask now and then if the user has the latest driver or if they want to check.

I don't think it says directly that you have an outdated driver.

• 3 weeks later...

A tip: when you install a driver update, select Custom Install option, and then make sure to choose a "Clean" install. It will erase old driver files and clean up any crap Nvidia may have installed in the past. 

22 hours ago, MrCell0phane said:

Typically, I find that when I get this message, my driver does, in fact, need to be updated. I think it just happens to be synced with Nvidia's release schedule, so it could just be coincidence.

Clearly a coincidence, i get it a day or two after i've updated.. :D