How to compare players well?

Hi,

how to compare players well? Sometimes I have a situation when player A is much better in attributes, but when I look at the overview and graph, then Player B is much better. How does it work exactly? What is more important? Maybe this graph using some hidden attributes to calculate or some combinations of attributes are important? For example, a good technical player with weak physical skills is bad, because maybe he is passing good, but too slow? Please explain it to me and look at the example below. Which one is better for you?

image.thumb.png.14d51c71b0c556f6f377f30f67b99f8e.png

image.thumb.png.9358ca8829e80f8f0a06149f0c803e48.png

In the attributes view the average technical value is 11 - 8 for Gargano. In the overview graph Technical is 10-11 for Dabo. I don't understand :)
Thanks for help!

Edited by misticotsw

• misticotsw changed the title to How to compare players well?
59 dakika önce, fc.cadoni said:

Walter Gargano is a big NO, IMHO. 39 y/o with physical attributes like 0. Personally what I am looking is Physical > Mental > Technical

İs the mental important so much?

Pesonally i am looking tecnical> physical> mental :) sometimes i ignore mental

45 minutes ago, Pafnus said:

Those numbers coming from official Pre-Game Editor and it is weighting for each attribute for each position. 

spacer.png

There were a test here regarding hidden attributes and effect performance.

spacer.png

====

Just a side note: Attributes are being connected each other, so when someone has high Passing attribute, but low Decision - his high Passing mean nothing.

On 07.04.2023 at 22:17, fc.cadoni said:

Those numbers coming from official Pre-Game Editor and it is weighting for each attribute for each position. 

spacer.png

There were a test here regarding hidden attributes and effect performance.

spacer.png

====

Just a side note: Attributes are being connected each other, so when someone has high Passing attribute, but low Decision - his high Passing mean nothing.

Thank you so much

On 07/04/2023 at 20:25, Pafnus said:

think of it like this. if a defender cant decide to be in the right place, it doesnt matter how good his tackling or heading is.

If a striker cant anticipate a situation or be in the correct position to receive a ball, it wont matter he has finishing 20

On 07/04/2023 at 19:25, Pafnus said:

Technical are the less important attributes. In lower divisions physicals are the most important, mentals too. Technicals are important when the mentals are good too

12 minutes ago, eXistenZ said:

think of it like this. if a defender cant decide to be in the right place, it doesnt matter how good his tackling or heading is.

If a striker cant anticipate a situation or be in the correct position to receive a ball, it wont matter he has finishing 20

Well OTOH, if you can't execute anything well or cover some distance, it doesn't matter how smart you are, does it? I had the talent for the fifth division, and the mind for the Bundesliga. -  Jurgen Klopp

They are all important really.

1 hour ago, Poison said:

Well OTOH, if you can't execute anything well or cover some distance, it doesn't matter how smart you are, does it? I had the talent for the fifth division, and the mind for the Bundesliga. -  Jurgen Klopp

They are all important really.

thats why mental > Physicals > technical

First you need to know what to do, then the physicals to be in position and the technique to execute it

Physicals are higher rated in lower leagues because everybody mentals are lower and the play is usually more direct

Comparing players is always tricky. The most important thing is, what role are you looking to use them in?

Gargano is someone who could make a very effective deep lying playmaker, at least in the set-ups I use. However, this requires a player who does the legwork he clearly cannot. In a team I set up, I'd almost be looking to have both of those two together. Dabo putting in the graft and chasing things down, with Gargano offering a short option before beginning to build an attack.

If you create space for a player through other means, then their physicals are actually rather redundant. If its a player who needs to create space, then great physical attributes can help with this. 

You have to figure out what you want baseline for a position & role in your team and then compare to that ideal. 

• 7 months later...
On 07/04/2023 at 12:38, misticotsw said:

In the attributes view the average technical value is 11 - 8 for Gargano. In the overview graph Technical is 10-11 for Dabo. I don't understand 

Hi team,

I didn't get it. What is the difference between the attributes we see in the profiles and in the graph?