Help my 433 possession football

I'm having some post-patch 23.4 problems, and I don't know if it's the fault of the tactic or of something that has changed or even the management of the locker room on my part, however I wanted to ask you if you find something strange in my tactic. I'll make some introductions...

I used this tactic for 4 years with Roma with excellent results; it's based on the principles of ball possession and immediate recovery of the ball. You are now using a mid-table Italian Serie B team.

Can anyone tell me if they see any oddities because I find everything very consistent with the tactical idea, but I find that I really concede a lot of goals in the space between the full-back and the central defender (I tried to remove width from the full-back but it's the same) and above all I do 20 shots per game and 4 on goal..

Here team instruction:

inposs.png.be8c6af7029f72c9c8d6c319a7d24a56.png

transiz.png.7171e2b4d073a0c9233412927df000f5.png

nonposs.png.9f3dc7b4ff0d5751b9b8dce5edd02f44.png

In spoiler individual instruction

Spoiler

pol.png.3ee37f2223f2bd78beb29c4f79c53922.pngdc.png.e07b2d00bb44740e1bb6d513d9945491.pngdimp.png.93011041a41bbefb9c94393ab3577f69.pngtf.png.212f16c91c57763f92fa6d8c2f03482b.pngcentrom.png.bd3f22e65443bdc2a55e01b6b0874b38.pngcc.png.fab1ba29da0a1e2ee794f95524e7df49.pngrpm.png.4b7859d5ccdcbde4f97b4af5b9ce3c04.pngate.png.b3595df9661a7daeb02384da2a67ab84.pngiw.png.37869af16f5168c3caed3e5c74695691.pngacp.png.2d821d8005ef9c709029acdcb4374ddf.png

tattica.png

My question are:

- if i put central defenders on cover, is it better than defend duty?

-A pressing system squad is ok?

-If i put "take more risk" at PF, can i have more chance?

-Direct pass at RPM is a good thing? or better anyone have direct pass?

Thanks guys!!

Edited by Mik_Fe

hi @Mik_Fe! There's nothing wrong with your tactic, it is how you should set up a possession based tactic.

what you can change is may be the defensive line to "higher"

do you have fast defenders?

May be if your HB doesn't have "mark tighter" he will try to cut the pass lines?

you can try to put one CD on cover duty but you already have TI Drop off more...

I'm not the best at defending and i would love to learn more, this is just some ideas, not sure it will be way better, hopefully someone will be more helpful :)

Hi Drikcey75 and thanks for your answer..

- no, my best faster defender have 11 and 10 more or less.. this is the focus for next window transfer!!

-i try to click “no mark” at HB, but i doesnt see some difference..

-at the beginning my central defender are both in cover duty, but i change to defense because they create a “hole” from defense to HB, and i dont like it. but, i wait more info for another guys for this tips.

thanks for your help however!

i thinking to change HB in DM-Def, because with HB, if we lost the ball in the central of the pitch (RPM or CM, or maybe fullback) the central defeders are so wide, and there are more space in the central.. more goal are made in this way… so, i thinking this…

is it a solution to remove “stay wide” at wing back? Beacuse if wing back are “standard wide” maybe the Central Def are more close to the center of the pitch (my idea)..

but, however, i wait some tips for expert guys!

Edited by Mik_Fe

hi @Mik_Fe your welcome i try to help =)

Il y a 22 heures, Mik_Fe a dit :

at the beginning my central defender are both in cover duty, but i change to defense because they create a “hole” from defense to HB, and i dont like it. but, i wait more info for another guys for this tips.

--> one cover duty should be enough, i never heard about two covers, and i fyou read this below, you will learn more about the combinations you can and can't do ;) (this is really helpful, a mus read!)

no, my best faster defender have 11 and 10 more or less.. this is the focus for next window transfer!!

--> very important when your defensive line is high up the pitch, tha'ts why with cover or drop off more, it gives a delay for your defender but also more time to figure out what to do for attacking players, other wise,  two defense duty can build an offside trap, and stopper duty try to fight above defensive line. But as you will learn in the guide never two covers or two stoppers

is it a solution to remove “stay wide” at wing back? Beacuse if wing back are “standard wide” maybe the Central Def are more close to the center of the pitch (my idea)..

not bad IMO, youi can also try stay closer, for one of them and ask your winger or midfield to give wide to your shape, there's so many things to try and this is what give this game all that interest :)

Hi!!

i found a great solution! right now since I made this tactical change, 4 matches and 4 wins. .
battuto Parma and Cittadella at home, Benevento and Sampdoria (Coppa Italia this) away. .
the change I made, though, I had to do without a game aspect that I liked very much, the Half-Back. .
i replaced him with a defensive midfielder, compared to the Half Back remains more advanced on the pitch during the construction phase, and if I lose ball I am not with the defensive centrals that are not wide and therefore with so much space for the opponents to hurt me…
with the defensive midfielder with duty defending I feel good, I don’t scale like the Half Back but with much coverage in front of the centrals. .

for now, it is a better solution.. and the central defender are both with defend duty with “less pressing”.. 

we have a much higher defensive line and both central defender with less pressing are good solution in transition phase..

so.. if anyone has any advice to perfect this tactic, not only defensive phase but also offensive phase or in general tactic, please tell me because I am curious to confront myself. .

thanks

Edited by Mik_Fe

Your tactic makes sense. I would change one or two TI but it's up to you to see how it plays in the game.

Remove "drop off more" as that is counter productive with high press instructions

Add "pass into space" and "be more expressive" to ensure your short passing game is not too safe

Il 7/4/2023 in 12:01 , kingjericho ha scritto:

Your tactic makes sense. I would change one or two TI but it's up to you to see how it plays in the game.

Remove "drop off more" as that is counter productive with high press instructions

Add "pass into space" and "be more expressive" to ensure your short passing game is not too safe

Be more expressive increase the responsability area of players.. in negative transition, is not a good solution increase the liberty movement for me.. 

For pass into space, 50/50... i can try.. but in my tactic idea if i'am high on the pitch, where are the area where i can put the ball? isn t there a lot of space and another thing, decrease the possession of ball with a long passes forward..

Edited by Mik_Fe

@Mik_Feif it's a possession based style you're going for I'd consider losing a Wingback or maybe even both

Full Backs are great in a 4-3-3 as compared to Wingbacks, they're more careful with the ball and their positioning so help the team keep possession 

I said this the other day on the the 4-3-3 DM thread I posted up:

With fullbacks, you can keep the ball better, they're not bombing forward, dribbling wide and crossing all the time, the FB's PIs are so simple, they're great for possession based tactic

As we're now using Fullbacks instead of Wingbacks, I feel a lot safer doing this as Full backs will not be surging forward and looking to carry the ball, they won't be so wide. Full Backs may tuck in, hold up the ball and be more likely to look for players infield, they help to keep the team as a tighter unit. 

Might be worth trying out :thup:

Your TI's may be a bit extreme for a mid table team too, they're asking a lot from your players which might make you vulnerable in defense and blunt in attack 

Thanks for your advice, I will definitely try it and leave you feedback.
In the PI, would you still set "go ahead" and the other PIs that I set? except "widening with the ball" ..?

11 minutes ago, Mik_Fe said:

Thanks for your advice, I will definitely try it and leave you feedback.
In the PI, would you still set "go ahead" and the other PIs that I set? except "widening with the ball" ..?

I'm not sure I understand mate? Which PI?

In the default PI, the Wing-Back has "Go wide with ball", I wouldn't set this PI to fullback, but I would set "go forward".. do you agree?

to ensure that it is proposed in the offensive phase and remains "behind" in the offensive phase..

58 minutes ago, Mik_Fe said:

In the default PI, the Wing-Back has "Go wide with ball", I wouldn't set this PI to fullback, but I would set "go forward".. do you agree?

to ensure that it is proposed in the offensive phase and remains "behind" in the offensive phase..

Oh, you can have the FB on Attack and he'll have that PI by default, with your Halfback, I think it would be a good option to try  

I know i don't answer your question... But did you try to change some duties ?

-Wing-back right on attack behind your Inverted-winger.

-Wing-back left, still on support but behind your Inside-forward on attack.

Much shorter passing is good but i'm starting to think that just shorter passing is efficient to keep the ball and accelerate when there's an opportunity.

I don't understand the Pressing-forward. A False nine or a Deep lying forward on support will be a better choice to participate on the build up and to create space for the Inside forward. Maybe a Center Midfield on attack or an Advance playmaker on attack will be a danger too.