No Need For Negative PA For Elite Few

Hi all, absolutely buzzin’ the winter update has dropped, can’t wait to get stuck into a new save. 

Want to discuss negative PA (-9 & -9.5 ect). 

It’s a great concept as obviously you often don’t quite know how good a youngster will turn out. However, there are examples of youngsters that you know will be world class and going to the top of the game but given a negative PA.

Bellingham the most obvious example. Already the captain and best player at an elite club like Dortmund. Englands best player at the World Cup. He is ALREADY better than the low potential PA he can be given and he is still a teenager, makes zero sense. 

Musiala and Gavi are other another examples of this. 

When it’s as obvious as it is that some elite few are going to the top, they should just have a high fixed PA, not a randomised possibility their PA could be just 150 or 160, it’s bonkers.

Got it right with players like Foden, Saka, Pedri off the top of my head. More if the same needed for players like Bellingham, Gavi and Musiala. 

Edit: I have noticed they have given Musiala a high fixed PA. Great! Exactly what I’m talking about. A shame Bellingham wasn’t given the same treatment, glaringly obvious he should have done. 

Edited by toby14
Added at bottom

7 minutes ago, phnompenhandy said:

-9.0, -9.5 is still top-drawer potential. It just means there's a little leeway in guessing just how high that potential will be.

Potentially top-drawer potential. 

Gavi could be 150. He is the star of a Barcelona team running away with La Liga. He is already better than 150 and is 18..!

Same with Bellingham, he is already better than 160 and that could be given to him as a PA? Come on now.. 

8 minutes ago, jens_dewit said:

Does the name Delle Alli ring a bell?

Delle Alli was never as good as Bellingham. Even if you think he was, that’s one, freak example. 

1 hour ago, toby14 said:

Delle Alli was never as good as Bellingham. Even if you think he was, that’s one, freak example. 

I don't know though, because I'm starting to feel like Tielemans is in the same street. Perhaps Musonda too, although his case is far more complex. Maybe even Fernando Torres? Stellar time at Atleti and Liverpool and then since Chelsea he completely burned out?

4 hours ago, toby14 said:

Potentially top-drawer potential. 

Gavi could be 150. He is the star of a Barcelona team running away with La Liga. He is already better than 150 and is 18..!

Same with Bellingham, he is already better than 160 and that could be given to him as a PA? Come on now.. 

It's a weird thing to try and compare real life players with fm CA figures.... even more so to suggest a real life player is better than that number... how are you even comparing?

But for a bit of reason and logic... lets look at the type of players who are 160 in game:

Toni Kroos

Mahrez

Dybala

Goretzka

Foden

Casemiro

Verratti

I'd say that's pretty lofty company to be in with considering that could be the WORST you could possibly be in game