[FM23, FM24] FM Light Skin. Last Update: 04/04/2024

Olas Nick

7 minutos atrás, Olas Nick disse:

competition news item medium.xml
competition news item large.xml
competition news panel.xml
competition news side panel.xml
competition news prozone panel.xml

Thank you very much, I am learning a lot following and studying your live version.

• Replies 252
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Mods, please sort out the absolute numpty in this thread who has decided to attack the OP - the OP incidentally which is breathing new life into FM2023. Wouldn't mind but I got a warning for posting an observation in the off topic forum that wasn't aimed at anyone, but an actual contributer, i.e. the OP in this thread is getting bullied for trying to make FM a better game.

Hats off to this skin! It may just have saved FM for me. Probably cause I don't have a gaming laptop but I just find dark skins so...well, dark. FM is all about the vibrancy, being bright. Not playing it in a cave. 

It may be the skin that makes me want to purchase FM2023 - thank you.

Update: Unfortunately on my resolution of 1920x1080 with 100% scaling, it's not playable unfortunately. Looks absolute mint and if i had a better display it would be my skin of choice. But on my current resolution it does not show all the data on the player profile.

6 minutes ago, Steve1977beyond said:

Probably cause I don't have a gaming laptop

subjectively, I feel very sorry for people who play on laptops. FM is a game for 24"+ screens and resolutions at least fullHD. I have a 14" fullHD laptop, but I run FM on it once and it was terrible :rolleyes:

3 minutes ago, Steve1977beyond said:

Update: Unfortunately on my resolution of 1920x1080 with 100% scaling, it's not playable unfortunately. Looks absolute mint and if i had a better display it would be my skin of choice. But on my current resolution it does not show all the data on the player profile.

it's quite strange because I tested everything at 100% scale in windowed mode at 1920x1200, which is roughly equivalent to full screen 1920x1080. and all screenshots are taken in this mode

2 hours ago, Steve1977beyond said:

Mods, please sort out the absolute numpty in this thread who has decided to attack the OP - the OP incidentally which is breathing new life into FM2023. Wouldn't mind but I got a warning for posting an observation in the off topic forum that wasn't aimed at anyone, but an actual contributer, i.e. the OP in this thread is getting bullied for trying to make FM a better game.

Hats off to this skin! It may just have saved FM for me. Probably cause I don't have a gaming laptop but I just find dark skins so...well, dark. FM is all about the vibrancy, being bright. Not playing it in a cave. 

It may be the skin that makes me want to purchase FM2023 - thank you.

Use the report function and then we'll have a look. Sometimes we miss things

• Olas Nick changed the title to [FM23] FM Light Skin. Last Update: 05/03/2023

Hello Olas! first of all thank you, thank you very much for this light skin. I'm one of the few with eyes problems that can't stand on negative color due to headcache.

I'm on large screen (3440x1440 - ultrawide 32" - 150%) and there is a little problem, the top bar takes up a lot of space. Look at the pics. For comparative there is also the same pic @ 100%

100%.jpg

150%.jpg

On 09/03/2023 at 22:56, IlGianni said:

I'm on large screen (3440x1440 - ultrawide 32" - 150%) and there is a little problem, 

sorry, my screen is only 1920x1200 and I have no way to test skin at higher resolutions.
you can delete the ./panels/generic/header.xml file to return it to its default size. or in line 17, specify the desired height(height="120")

• 2 weeks later...

for several months I thought that there was no more white text :D
_2023-04-14_20-12-51.png.4e9e3290c9b3a46154050e068139504a.png

and now a moment of hatred :lol:

Spoiler

sometimes it seems to me that SI purposefully makes it difficult to create custom light skins.
you have a variable text="fg", why the hell are you writing colour="white" instead of colour="text" in a bunch of files...

I tested it in 4k 110% and that works quite well but is still to small for me to look at it convenient for a long time - i need 4k 125% but then things are displayed outside the limits of the display space so it does not work.

On standard screens i feel this is a great light skin!

I really dont understand the attractivity of dark modes...i only use them when i want to sleep while running stuff and i honestly get very tired only a short while after "working" with things in dark modes...

In the start screen the Menu is a little to the right side and the quit button is almost gone - this is 110% 4k resolution.

Ingame everthing works quite well albeit a little small.

At 125% the Start Menu is almost gone outside the screen and ingame the top bar takes so much space everthing is pushed out beyond the lower screen border.

At 100% or 1110% it is perfectly playable in 4k if you are ok with the size of the fonts etc.

startscreen110.png

Edited by Etebaer

32 minutes ago, Etebaer said:

In the start screen the Menu is a little to the right side and the quit button is almost gone - this is 110% 4k resolution.

Ingame everthing works quite well albeit a little small.

At 125% the Start Menu is almost gone outside the screen and ingame the top bar takes so much space everthing is pushed out beyond the lower screen border.

At 100% or 1110% it is perfectly playable in 4k if you are ok with the size of the fonts etc.

startscreen110.png

Optimized for 1920x1200 fullscreen and windowed (perfect for me) and 1920x1080, 100% scale.

Very few skins are optimized for 4k.. so it's a resolution issue.

I tried the scale factor 2.2x to see how this skin looks at high resolutions and I didn't see any problems with game scaling of 250% or less. it's all simple math, if the skin is optimized for 1920*1080 at a scale of 100%, then on a 4k monitor everything should work at a scale of 200-220%

in addition, many other problems arise when developing a skin for a 4k monitor. what do you mean when you say 4k? it is 4096 × 2160, 3840 × 2160, 3840 × 2560, etc? what system scaling is used (95% of people don't know what it is)?

4k owners can consider this skin as a base and make a fork optimized for any 4k resolution :cool:

I have 3840x2160 which is the 16:9 resolution and its called 4k or UHD and the game is full screen mode.

I use the zoom option in the Preferences of the FM game where it offers you 110% and 125% zoom of text and the graphic (at least for me).

110% ist ok to run, in the game itself is so far nothing missing - 125% seem to have issues sometimes when things disappear bcs the scrolling does not work somehow.

But i have settled to run it at 110% and it runs very stable, i had absolutley no crash whatsoever while having the game run, a YT Vid parallel and doing some internet browsing in between.

The look so far ist great, you have done a great work! :)

Thx!

1 hour ago, Etebaer said:

I have 3840x2160 which is the 16:9 resolution and its called 4k or UHD and the game is full screen mode.

I use the zoom option in the Preferences of the FM game where it offers you 110% and 125% zoom of text and the graphic (at least for me).

110% ist ok to run, in the game itself is so far nothing missing - 125% seem to have issues sometimes when things disappear bcs the scrolling does not work somehow.

But i have settled to run it at 110% and it runs very stable, i had absolutley no crash whatsoever while having the game run, a YT Vid parallel and doing some internet browsing in between.

The look so far ist great, you have done a great work! :)

Thx!

You have Windows Zoom/scaling above 100% too, I believe.  This is the same page at 2560x1440 at 100% both in game and Windows scaling:

image.thumb.png.c3f56b0710fff96629925eabaa4feb07.png

Based on the size of the tab bar in your screenshot, you have an effective zoom level fo 250% (in your screenshot it is 100 pixels, in the code it is a fixed 40 pixels).  This makes your effective resolution 1536x864, which is below the optimised resolution laid out by Olas Nick in the opening post.

Edited by GIMN

unfortunately, the problem of the combination of screen diagonal width, screen resolution, system scaling and game scaling exists even at resolutions that are officially supported (:D)
I have a 26" monitor with a resolution of 1920x1200 and of course the system zoom is 1x. But if someone has a 13" with a similar resolution, then it probably works with a zoom of 1.25-1.5x and this already change a view of panels :seagull:
in case of non-standard situations, you should always play with a combination of resolution, system and game scaling.
I don't see any other solution, especially since it happens that in addition to my own bugs, I also have to fix "official" bugs. :rolleyes:

So, i looked into my windows settings and either i had it totally forgotten or it has somehow set itself to that value but Windows itself runs at 200% scaling on my UHD Screen.

It never occured to me that a game is influenced by some obscure Windows Desktop Setting so in that case it is 200% Windows scaling and 110% ingame scaling.

The only bug i encountered so far is that in the scouting center the technical attibutes of players are no longer displayed when you have to click trough a bunch of players - going to player development and then back to the scouting center screen brings them back displayed for a couple of players until they disappear again. Mental and Physical attribue stats are not affected and allways displayed.

Best regards!

2 hours ago, Etebaer said:

A pic of the little error that occurs in the scouting centre area of the ui - switching to another tab or window fixes it for a short while until it occurs again etc.

strange, never seen that. maybe it's the "effect of another skin". I'll try to pay more attention to this panel

• 3 weeks later...

Hi just stumbled upon this skin first of all i absolutely love it makes the game feel so much fresher so thank you. I have two questions for you if you could help. Might sound stupid the first one, what’s the difference between fmf and live version and secondly how do I make my top bar transparent like the one in this pic as mine is just block grey. Thank you 

IMG_0774.jpeg

2 minutes ago, smurfygray said:

Hi just stumbled upon this skin first of all i absolutely love it makes the game feel so much fresher so thank you. I have two questions for you if you could help. Might sound stupid the first one, what’s the difference between fmf and live version and secondly how do I make my top bar transparent like the one in this pic as mine is just block grey. Thank you 

IMG_0774.jpeg

the live version reflects all the changes for today, the fmf version I update much less often, when a significant number of changes accumulate, or when some critical bug is fixed.
the gray topbar can be removed by unpacking the files from this archive

light_titlebar_mod.7z

10 minutes ago, Olas Nick said:

the live version reflects all the changes for today, the fmf version I update much less often, when a significant number of changes accumulate, or when some critical bug is fixed.
the gray topbar can be removed by unpacking the files from this archive

light_titlebar_mod.7z 6.42 kB · 0 downloads

Legend thank you very much where do I put all files when unpacked from the download you’ve linked in please ? And just checking I have latest version mine is below 

IMG_0775.jpeg

9 minutes ago, smurfygray said:

Legend thank you very much where do I put all files when unpacked from the download you’ve linked in please ? And just checking I have latest version mine is below

no, use the live version, the fmf version needs to be unpacked by an resource archiver

4 minutes ago, Olas Nick said:

no, use the live version, the fmf version needs to be unpacked by an resource archiver

Thanks will try download it now it came up ok on the game but I guess I’m missing some updates. much appreciated also where do I put that title bar mod please ? Sorry for all questions I’m pretty basic at some of this stuff 

43 minutes ago, Olas Nick said:

It’s ok I’ve unpacked the files and found there destination only thing I’m struggling with is the live skin I’ve got to a page with loads of folders with update times on them so I have to download one by one or is there a complete update I can do ? Thanks again 

16 minutes ago, smurfygray said:

It’s ok I’ve unpacked the files and found there destination only thing I’m struggling with is the live skin I’ve got to a page with loads of folders with update times on them so I have to download one by one or is there a complete update I can do ? Thanks again 

also I replaced the link in the first post with a direct link to the zip file

Spoiler

_2023-05-13_20-41-54.png.703c5b6a84395517cb189eb96e5e85d0.png

5 minutes ago, Olas Nick said:

also I replaced the link in the first post with a direct link to the zip file

Hide contents

_2023-05-13_20-41-54.png.703c5b6a84395517cb189eb96e5e85d0.png

Brilliant mate got it downloaded only thing I can’t remove is the grey bar below title bar any ideas how I can remove it ? Thanks for your help 

30 minutes ago, smurfygray said:

Brilliant mate got it downloaded only thing I can’t remove is the grey bar below title bar any ideas how I can remove it ? Thanks for your help 

remove folder tab bar in graphics/boxes/custom/interface/

16 hours ago, Olas Nick said:

remove folder tab bar in graphics/boxes/custom/interface/

All sorted mate finally up and running absolutely love the skin just one thing I’ve noticed is the league table looks like this.  Any ideas ? Just the Man Utd name and badge looks out of tilt checked previous versions of skin and was fine. Thanks again for your help 

IMG_0779.jpeg

4 hours ago, smurfygray said:

All sorted mate finally up and running absolutely love the skin just one thing I’ve noticed is the league table looks like this.  Any ideas ? Just the Man Utd name and badge looks out of tilt checked previous versions of skin and was fine. Thanks again for your help 

because the author of the logopack that you use simulates compliance with copyright and did not include the MU logo in the package

because the author of the logopack that you use simulates compliance with copyright and did not include the MU logo in the package

Ah thanks mate thought I’d done something wrong somewhere so I need to find another logo pack don’t I do you know any that won’t do that before I start downloading them all.  Thanks again for this finally found a skin I like hopefully you’ll be doing 24 as well 

I think all logo pack authors are playing this game now and all of them will be missing the logo of MU and some other teams

No problem mate I’ll just have to try ignore it and crack on could I go back to previous version of your skin or is it essential to be up to date with the latest one I downloaded yesterday. It’s bizzare isn’t it it’s like the Man U logo and name just need edging right a touch never seen it before.

I do not keep an archive of old versions because I believe that this is the case when any new version is better than any old one

it's not actually there and should be an abstract red image, but I included it in the skin and it fits in pretty well with the Megapack TCM I'm using

you can simply contact the author of the logopack with a request to provide a template or ready-made image, or maybe you can find it yourself in the logopack of 2020 or even older

• 3 weeks later...
On 14/05/2023 at 17:01, Olas Nick said:

I do not keep an archive of old versions because I believe that this is the case when any new version is better than any old one

it's not actually there and should be an abstract red image, but I included it in the skin and it fits in pretty well with the Megapack TCM I'm using

you can simply contact the author of the logopack with a request to provide a template or ready-made image, or maybe you can find it yourself in the logopack of 2020 or even older

Good afternoon. Could you help me with this problem. Uploaded your skin, great job, but the only player screen I have with stats is displayed like this. Infuriates incredibly.image.thumb.png.496343e7b252e471f8fe3f70df1e7991.png

I would like it to be like this.

11.jpg

46 minutes ago, mur1k_7 said:

Good afternoon. Could you help me with this problem. Uploaded your skin, great job, but the only player screen I have with stats is displayed like this. Infuriates incredibly.image.thumb.png.496343e7b252e471f8fe3f70df1e7991.png

I would like it to be like this.

11.jpg

Please don't triple post, only post once at a time

Also make sure you downloaded the correct skin, there is an .fmf file, and a zip file, I believe the zip is more updated.

13 минут назад, bluestillidie00 сказал:

Please don't triple post, only post once at a time

Also make sure you downloaded the correct skin, there is an .fmf file, and a zip file, I believe the zip is more updated.

Sorry for the triple post. Took note.

just downloaded the zip version..
Edited by mur1k_7

1 hour ago, mur1k_7 said:

11.jpg

this is a very old almost default version. I think that new version now present in both the zip and fmf versions of the skin, although I do not see any sense in the existence of this panel at all, it does not show any information that is missing from other panels

Edited by Olas Nick

• 3 weeks later...
  • Olas Nick changed the title to [FM23] FM Light Skin. Last Update: 19/06/2023