Continental Cup for second tier leagues

lorenzopaniccia

On 02/12/2022 at 18:36, lorenzopaniccia said:

I know how to make a competition like Champions League but i cant understand how to take teams from second tier leagues like serie b or else.

Im trying to reviving extinct competition like anglo italian Cup / mitropa Cup / and similar but i have low experience with advanced rules 

nice idea but I don't think its possible unless you make it like a normal cup and add the specific leagues. I don't think it would work with club continental cup settings. 

1 hour ago, baasblack said:

nice idea but I don't think its possible unless you make it like a normal cup and add the specific leagues. I don't think it would work with club continental cup settings. 

Agreed. The regular versions of the continental cup settings work based on positions in a tabel (top X) from the top division. There is no possibility to take them from lower level leagues this way, because if you would pick position 21-24 from the top English league it would probably pick random teams or more likely give an error teams could not be found as the Premier League is only 20 teams big.

4 hours ago, Wolf_pd said:

Agreed. The regular versions of the continental cup settings work based on positions in a tabel (top X) from the top division. There is no possibility to take them from lower level leagues this way, because if you would pick position 21-24 from the top English league it would probably pick random teams or more likely give an error teams could not be found as the Premier League is only 20 teams big.

Hey Wold_pd can you maybe look at the problem that I Have with the formations with the in game editor I only have a few options to pick from when I want to edit the formations of some trainers in the game. 

On 02/12/2022 at 17:36, lorenzopaniccia said:

I know how to make a competition like Champions League but i cant understand how to take teams from second tier leagues like serie b or else.

Im trying to reviving extinct competition like anglo italian Cup / mitropa Cup / and similar but i have low experience with advanced rules 

You have to make it in nations rules, very easy to do 

On 04/12/2022 at 05:08, Wolf_pd said:

Really? What if you had like a 4 team league but improved their coefficient to the top? I think the game might actually be smart enough to look down a division to find the Europa conf league qualifiers in that case but I have no idea (not quite the same issue but got me thinking)

You could do it in continental rules and just "get best teams from division" or whatever for serie B

1 hour ago, themodelcitizen said:

Really? What if you had like a 4 team league but improved their coefficient to the top? I think the game might actually be smart enough to look down a division to find the Europa conf league qualifiers in that case but I have no idea (not quite the same issue but got me thinking)

You could do it in continental rules and just "get best teams from division" or whatever for serie B

Can confirm it doesn't work like that unfortunately. The country just loses the places instead.

Wondered about it myself, so tested it with Switzerland. Loaded the Super League up with Liechtensteiner teams who are ineligible for the Swiss continental places. Switzerland get 5 places and only had 3 eligible teams in the top flight. The final 2 places were just lost with only 3 Swiss teams qualifying for Europe the next season.