FM23: Unofficial Chelsea Thread.

bucket

Taken a while to get going, but finally started advanced access with Chelsea.  Squad is interesting and no surprise mirrors the real world with a real issue in striker position.  I'm going to try a 4-3-3 with Lavia, Caicedo and Enzo in midfield given the options up top are not as strong.  Can post more detail down the road, but to start, the annual transfer commitments and deficit are not small!!  This could be a tricky one to dig out of, but will sell some players and continue the model of buying youth - they seem to do better from Brazil in FM than real life!

Check out the transfer out/in commitments, excluding any other performance/game time related clauses.  This is just straight annual cash payments

Chelsea Transfers.png

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Finally have the time to get my usual main save with Chelsea underway in FM24. Just looked at existing staff  - not great overall. Looks like I will be spending most of my time over the weekend sorting out staff firings and hiring before clicking Continue for the first time. Should be a very different type of save this year given the squad overhaul and the large number of talented youngsters the club already have. Keeping squad happy and deciding who to keep/loan/sell should be interesting going forward.

Has anyone else started their FM24 save and if so how are you getting on and  tactics/approach are you using?

Started a Your World save so I could sell a few and bring in different players with all that money and am doing pretty well with a 433. So I have a 433 Attacking High Line/Pressing, 433 Rest version and a  4141 Defensive. I tried the 433 A on an away game at Burnley and lost bad so I find the 4141 D actually works well away. Yeah, the staff is pretty much depleted so a lot of time needs to go into sorting that out. Haven't had too many injury issues , yet.

What mode are you guys starting with? I think I should restart to Original mode and only buy players scouts recommend, hire staff through adverts only to make it a little more challenging.

27 minutes ago, wetfred said:

What mode are you guys starting with? I think I should restart to Original mode and only buy players scouts recommend, hire staff through adverts only to make it a little more challenging.

I started with Original but with first transfer window disabled; no chance for me to offload Sarr early on. I have hired good unemployed staff whenever possible to fill vacancies and replace the numerous “mutual terminations” I have done. Just waiting for necessary WP clearances for new staff, that I should know c 17-18 July ( I am still on 3 July having spent about 4 solid hours so far).
Thinking of going Gegenpress 433 initially before adding 4231 option later. Still mulling over roles, and whether to try some of the new ones. Decisions, decisions. Also set pieces to look at. 

Edited by mhaffy

• 2 weeks later...