game takes forever to advance a day

I am in the year 2038 on FM22. My game feels like it takes forever to advance a day. I have sparked new life into one of my long term saves and fancy playing it again. I think i probably didnt realise how slow this moved before but coming off the back of a couple new saves, the difference in processing speeds for advancing days is clearly evident.

Am I correct in thinking that the save file is just too big and there is no way to salvage this to speed it up? I remove some leagues and the detail level is already on 0.

1 hour ago, jmf1488 said:

I am in the year 2038 on FM22. My game feels like it takes forever to advance a day. I have sparked new life into one of my long term saves and fancy playing it again. I think i probably didnt realise how slow this moved before but coming off the back of a couple new saves, the difference in processing speeds for advancing days is clearly evident.

Am I correct in thinking that the save file is just too big and there is no way to salvage this to speed it up? I remove some leagues and the detail level is already on 0.

Hey copy your savegame to safety before trying this. If shortlists and scoutings are important for you. So to the point, delete your shortlist and remove all your scoutings and see does it help. It might be there's too many scoutings to process when continuing forward.

What's the in game date? I've noticed the game runs significantly slower during the transfer windows for me. If you're in one now then it may be that it gets back to an acceptable speed after the transfer window.

There's also the option of upgrading your PC. I once upgraded my RAM and noticed a significant increase in FM sim time, although that was over a decade ago so not sure how much of an impact it would have these days, or even if RAM is worth upgrading for FM rather than CPU speed or something.

9 hours ago, rusty217 said:

What's the in game date? I've noticed the game runs significantly slower during the transfer windows for me. If you're in one now then it may be that it gets back to an acceptable speed after the transfer window.

There's also the option of upgrading your PC. I once upgraded my RAM and noticed a significant increase in FM sim time, although that was over a decade ago so not sure how much of an impact it would have these days, or even if RAM is worth upgrading for FM with loading and saving times though. rather than CPU speed or something.

Extra RAM will only have a small effect on processing times as that is controlled mostly by the CPU.  RAM will help with loading and saving time though.

Thanks guys. Removed the shortlist and got past the transfer window. It seems to be going ok. Still a bit slow, but playable. I am in the year 2038. I got bored and started a new save and messed about with a couple of saves then came back to this and thats when i noticed how long it took to get from one match day to the next. 

You can also try to minimise the amount of stuff you're following on the social/news screen (i think that is where it is).
Because that seems to be automatically added without any input from manager.
I remove all "followings" each season as i noticed it was slowing my game down the more i was following. Not by too much but enough to notice it.

Then again; it's been a while since i started doing that, after i noticed, so maybe it has been changed to not have as much of an impact.