Tactics pitch size

snowofman

Hey Guys.

i've been messing around with the "tactics overview side panel" and been hammering my head trying to change the size of the green square, where the tactic and subs are on top of

i can change the size of everything on top of the square(tactics, side panel etc), but i can't seem to find the place to change the square itself, is it a graphics piece that i simply havnt been able to find or ?

any help is much appreciated

25 minutes ago, Olas Nick said:

They wrote that it was "impossible".

I think this code should not be adapted, but written from scratch.

okay, well no wonder i can't change it.. thanks i'll figure something out then :)

4 hours ago, Olas Nick said:

They wrote that it was "impossible".

I think this code should not be adapted, but written from scratch.

3 hours ago, junkerne said:

okay, well no wonder i can't change it.. thanks i'll figure something out then :)

You need to add a width value to the "pitch container section". In my "tactics over side panel" it shows under pitch container:

<!-- Pitch Container -->
        <container entity_layout_id="at00" id="at00" sub_group_id="NULL_ID" name="pitch container" width="615">

Also the pitch width in combination with the team instructions section is controlled by code in the tactics container section:

<!-- Tactics Container -->
    <container class="bordered_box" entity_layout_id="it15" id="bakC" wants_mouse_events="true" inset="0" sub_group_id="NULL_ID" width="840" appearance="custom/papertactic">

In my skin I have a graphic showing for the pitch that is the last part of the code but irrelevant for your question. Someone saying this is not possible is just untrue as my larger tactics pitch graphics shows.

Screenshot(2).png.240a8c20b999f1ab95b2a6b19836c845.png

EDIT: Also, don't forget to edit the width of the pitch container in the "pitch with tactics container" with me coding is like this:

<container class="pitch_with_tactics" entity_layout_id="it02" id="pitc" name="pitch" width="480">

Edited by a31632

2 hours ago, a31632 said:

You need to add a width value to the "pitch container section". In my "tactics over side panel" it shows under pitch container:

<!-- Pitch Container -->
        <container entity_layout_id="at00" id="at00" sub_group_id="NULL_ID" name="pitch container" width="615">

Also the pitch width in combination with the team instructions section is controlled by code in the tactics container section:

<!-- Tactics Container -->
    <container class="bordered_box" entity_layout_id="it15" id="bakC" wants_mouse_events="true" inset="0" sub_group_id="NULL_ID" width="840" appearance="custom/papertactic">

In my skin I have a graphic showing for the pitch that is the last part of the code but irrelevant for your question. Someone saying this is not possible is just untrue as my larger tactics pitch graphics shows.

EDIT - The black line is hard to see, 

Spoiler

Screenshot(2).png.240a8c20b999f1ab95b2a6b19836c845.png

EDIT: Also, don't forget to edit the width of the pitch container in the "pitch with tactics container" with me coding is like this:

<container class="pitch_with_tactics" entity_layout_id="it02" id="pitc" name="pitch" width="480">

Thanks for all the info, i have been messing around with it today, changing parameters etc. But without any luck

The pitch container  - only makes the tactic fit the square, which is the one i want less wide

The tactic container  - can't see any changes at all

I attach a picture where i have kept the tactic box and square box for easy show.. the blank space between the white and black line is what i would love to see less of, if it makes sense

Spoiler

image.jpeg.becc9f563276a540b50d32fc8d157017.jpeg

Edited by snowofman

On 10/06/2022 at 18:26, a31632 said:

Someone saying this is not possible is just untrue as my larger tactics pitch graphics shows.

sorry but your screenshot doesn't show anything at all
and at the moment I have not seen any skin where the size of right block(selection info) would be increased by reducing the size of left block(formation and subs), although attempts to do so were regularly made by different people. :rolleyes:

• 2 months later...

As some might have noticed, i roam the forum and when i have time i pick a few posts out and try to help out.

So today while still not have been able to sleep. I stumbled over this

1st i have to agree and disagree with @a31632 - as per say it's not possible to shrink the platform where the tactic is placed
but with abit of creativity it is possible to  "shrink" the platform... it's kinda hard to explain and even harder to explain how to do it.

So not to step anyone over the toes, but give @Olas Nick some peace at heart, i have attached an VERY exaggurated example and no as of right now, i won't share, maybe during the beta of FM23 or just after at the latest (please have some patience :) )
and because it's over exaggurated, it looks terrible. But it's just to make sure it was visable :)

extra note for @_ben_ - i saw your question in another post about turning the pitch, i can say that the only way you would be able to do that from my experience  is by having the pitch use the whole platform  and then have the sidebar outside of the platform.

Edit: this is just me test skin where i test stuff, thats why the menu is a the bottom :)

exaggerate.PNG

Edited by snowofman

27 minutes ago, snowofman said:

extra note for @_ben_ - i saw your question in another post about turning the pitch, i can say that the only way you would be able to do that from my experience  is by having the pitch use the whole platform  and then have the sidebar outside of the platform.

I managed this a while ago..

d08d16c5b57b463d7834d7aaa9d2874e.png

In pitch with tactics container.xml

<container>
    <container class="pitch_with_tactics" id="pitc" name="pitch" width="400">
      <layout class="stick_to_sides_attachment" alignment="all"  />
      <real id="pitch_perspective" value="0.000000" />
      <string id="icon_flags" value="show_name,show_extra_details,use_overview_icons,drop_initial_if_possible,show_position_role_duty_suitability,show_selection_image,show_number,show_role_duty_labels,show_familiarity" />
      <string id="show_extra_details_buttons" value="true" />
      <string id="pitch_draw_grass" value="true" />
      <string id="pitch_base_appearance" value="custom/texture1" />
      <string id="pitch_pattern" value="" />
		<string id="vertical" value="true" />
      <integer id="pitch_vertical_padding" value="5" />
			<integer id="partnership_vertical_inset" value="22" />
			<string id="vertical" value="false" />
      <string id="pitch_alignment" value="can_scale" />
      <real id="maximum_player_size" value="0.220000" />
      <string id="pitch_line_colour" value="white" />
      <string id="3958779584" value="tactics normal run" />
      <string id="3958779616" value="tactics darkened run" />
      <string id="3958779648" value="tactics dragged run" />
      <integer id="pitch_touchline_width_percentage" value="20" />
      <integer id="line_width" value="1" />
    </container>

Line 27:

Changing that from true to false changes from vertical to horizontal.

5 minutes ago, _Ben_ said:

I managed this a while ago..

Spoiler

d08d16c5b57b463d7834d7aaa9d2874e.png

In pitch with tactics container.xml

<container>
    <container class="pitch_with_tactics" id="pitc" name="pitch" width="400">
      <layout class="stick_to_sides_attachment" alignment="all"  />
      <real id="pitch_perspective" value="0.000000" />
      <string id="icon_flags" value="show_name,show_extra_details,use_overview_icons,drop_initial_if_possible,show_position_role_duty_suitability,show_selection_image,show_number,show_role_duty_labels,show_familiarity" />
      <string id="show_extra_details_buttons" value="true" />
      <string id="pitch_draw_grass" value="true" />
      <string id="pitch_base_appearance" value="custom/texture1" />
      <string id="pitch_pattern" value="" />
		<string id="vertical" value="true" />
      <integer id="pitch_vertical_padding" value="5" />
			<integer id="partnership_vertical_inset" value="22" />
      <string id="pitch_alignment" value="can_scale" />
      <real id="maximum_player_size" value="0.220000" />
      <string id="pitch_line_colour" value="white" />
      <string id="3958779584" value="tactics normal run" />
      <string id="3958779616" value="tactics darkened run" />
      <string id="3958779648" value="tactics dragged run" />
      <integer id="pitch_touchline_width_percentage" value="20" />
      <integer id="line_width" value="1" />
    </container>

Line 27:

Changing that from true to false changes from vertical to horizontal.

Nice, very nice.
but isnt it just the tactic itself you have shrunken ? not that it matters, if you are happy all is good

• 3 months later...

The split in the screen between the tactics container and the squad list is pretty much set fixed, there is very little scope to adjust outside of removing the subs etc.   Wonder if you could tab it  instead. 

5 minutes ago, wkdsoul said:

The split in the screen between the tactics container and the squad list is pretty much set fixed, there is very little scope to adjust outside of removing the subs etc.   Wonder if you could tab it  instead. 

I have wanted to tab the tactics panel for ages, I'd much prefer the tactics pitch to be horizontal. Even if it was just the pitch, subs and instructions on one panel with the squad view on the other. I'm just not that confident at creating a panel from the ground up.

5 minutes ago, EnigMattic1 said:

I have wanted to tab the tactics panel for ages, I'd much prefer the tactics pitch to be horizontal. Even if it was just the pitch, subs and instructions on one panel with the squad view on the other. I'm just not that confident at creating a panel from the ground up.

i;ll give it a go later.

What are you thinking of tabbing? I've been messing around with it and am completely stuck. I've tried to get things to extend to that split in the screen and extend from it, but it's all a big mess! Would love something fresh and interesting for that panel.

34 minutes ago, _Ben_ said:

What are you thinking of tabbing? I've been messing around with it and am completely stuck. I've tried to get things to extend to that split in the screen and extend from it, but it's all a big mess! Would love something fresh and interesting for that panel.

that page itself. team squad list on one, pitch and stuff on the other. 

43 minutes ago, wkdsoul said:

Is it (he says) as easy as just rebuilding the panels? You've got this kind of stuff in tactics overview side panel.xml

<container class="team_squad_tactics_panel" entity_layout_id="at04" id="tesA" name="team squad table">
		<string id="include_starting_xi" value="true"/>
		<string id="include_starting_subs" value="true"/>
		<string id="include_unpicked" value="true"/>
		<layout class="stick_to_object_attachment" id="align_top" get_side="top" set_side="top" target="main"/>
		<layout class="stick_to_object_attachment" id="align_bottom" get_side="bottom" set_side="bottom" target="main"/>
		<layout class="stick_to_object_attachment" id="align_left" offset="12" get_side="right" set_side="left" target="at0:"/>
		<layout class="stick_to_object_attachment" id="align_right" get_side="right" set_side="right" target="main"/>

If I was to remove the alignments, it would have free reign a bit more? Or is there more stuff under the hood that I'm missing?

1 hour ago, wkdsoul said:

That should work, I tried to create a tabbed container earlier with a "traditional view" and a horizontal pitch (as shown in the screenshot below) but when you have two pitches (1 in each tab) one of them is "blank" as the screen does not allow for a pitch to show twice (one in each tab). If you just create a team squad list as in my screenshot it should work though.

This is how it looks with me during a match going into tactics screen:

497070003_Screenshot(1).thumb.png.99a6fbbeff60f89cc0d9fffaa87c4d18.png810481585_Screenshot(2).thumb.png.f8212b4e3354658b75717e90da524fca.png

15 minutes ago, a31632 said:

That should work, I tried to create a tabbed container earlier with a "traditional view" and a horizontal pitch (as shown in the screenshot below) but when you have two pitches (1 in each tab) one of them is "blank" as the screen does not allow for a pitch to show twice (one in each tab). If you just create a team squad list as in my screenshot it should work though.

497070003_Screenshot(1).thumb.png.99a6fbbeff60f89cc0d9fffaa87c4d18.png810481585_Screenshot(2).thumb.png.f8212b4e3354658b75717e90da524fca.png

Is that fm23? thought i might have  to dive into some of the old code before the enity layout stuff to get it to work 

43 minutes ago, a31632 said:

This is EXACTLY what I have been attempting to do with the tactics screen. Unfortunately, my skill skinning is limited and that is beyond my level.

I have also edited the tactics screen based on my "in match panels" (prior to this I only had this option in the "in-match tactics" screens. Not sure if users of my skin prefer this option over the default one, but it's a nice alternative

232438418_Screenshot(3).thumb.png.989dcf7fd17ee763d297434617a8060d.png1356825742_Screenshot(4).thumb.png.fbab2e496311ec21db6037a1cd391693.png

5 minutes ago, a31632 said:

I have also edited the tactics screen based on my "in match panels" (prior to this I only had this option in the "in-match tactics" screens. Not sure if users of my skin prefer this option over the default one, but it's a nice alternative

232438418_Screenshot(3).thumb.png.989dcf7fd17ee763d297434617a8060d.png1356825742_Screenshot(4).thumb.png.fbab2e496311ec21db6037a1cd391693.png

Yeah, that's the eventual plan etc.   I did have a look for my old champs league skin but lost it somewhere. could have used the files. 

43 minutes ago, a31632 said:

Mate, that is a hundred times better than the standard panel. As I play on a laptop with a basic screen, I hate that the tactics panel appears cramped and I need to scroll if I edit the view on the list. That is the main reason I have been attempting (and failing) to tab the tactics panel. The way you have it set up and the way @wkdsoulis working on it is so much better.

hace 1 hora, a31632 dijo:

Where i can download the skin?

20 hours ago, EnigMattic1 said:

Mate, that is a hundred times better than the standard panel. As I play on a laptop with a basic screen, I hate that the tactics panel appears cramped and I need to scroll if I edit the view on the list. That is the main reason I have been attempting (and failing) to tab the tactics panel. The way you have it set up and the way @wkdsoulis working on it is so much better.

Completed the new layout for the tactics screen (the "in-match tactics screen" was already looking similar with me). Cleaned up the panels and all in working order, very happy with the result.

All functions, pop-ups etc. are in working order ;-))

1279467908_Screenshot(7).thumb.png.c7f766585b83319e691db4cc02198307.png

1660920284_Screenshot(8).thumb.png.6da4f7714faedb40bf784041fd6f62e0.png

Edited by a31632
Extra screenshot added

Just now, a31632 said:

This is still a WIP, this would be the "list screen", just having issues with the tabbed container as it will not show properly when the code gets inserted in it, still working on it but most coding is done.

(Obviously the idea is to add the tabbed container and have the "pitch" as shown prior on the other tab)

169885818_Screenshot(5).thumb.png.013584a52dee04bb049c93526ee0c161.png

Even as a WIP, that is still way better than what is currently available. I also think having the team instructions visible at the edge of the screem is a nice addition too, it isn't intrusive.

It's clear from the above that people mentioning that "the pitch size can't be changed" on the tactics screen are clearly wrong as I have eliminated the whole pitch from this screen to allow maximum space for the team squad list, as there is a huge pitch showing on the tabbed container having another pitch here doesn't make sense

10 hours ago, EnigMattic1 said:

Even as a WIP, that is still way better than what is currently available. I also think having the team instructions visible at the edge of the screem is a nice addition too, it isn't intrusive.

Yes, my whole concept is that you will be able to make changes to the team tactics in both tabbed spaces and in some cases having the full pitch might be useful, in other cases analysing the stats and details might be preferable.

Fixed the issue with the tabbed container I had previously so all completed now

Edited by a31632
No longer WIP, finished!

I noticed some information (past meetings, opposition report, league table etc.) were missing on the tactics screen and instead of "cramming it in" somewhere decided to add an extra tab in the "new tactics" screen, when you click on "match and team analysis" it shows another tabbed container with extra information.

1772459063_Screenshot(9).thumb.png.411c513795ed0f2d79a7ff3d2d5dcb67.png936245953_Screenshot(10).thumb.png.d6deea133c902cce1f35a6f33f1963cb.png

Edited by a31632

5 hours ago, a31632 said:

I noticed some information (past meetings, opposition report, league table etc.) were missing on the tactics screen and instead of "cramming it in" somewhere decided to add an extra tab in the "new tactics" screen, when you click on "match and team analysis" it shows another tabbed container with extra information.

1772459063_Screenshot(9).thumb.png.411c513795ed0f2d79a7ff3d2d5dcb67.png936245953_Screenshot(10).thumb.png.d6deea133c902cce1f35a6f33f1963cb.png

This looks so much better than the stock panel. There is something satisfying about seeing the tactics pitch large and horizontal as opposed to crammed in that vertical space. Which has got me thinking, could the actual pitch be replaced with a 'chalkboard' type image?

5 hours ago, EnigMattic1 said:

This looks so much better than the stock panel. There is something satisfying about seeing the tactics pitch large and horizontal as opposed to crammed in that vertical space. Which has got me thinking, could the actual pitch be replaced with a 'chalkboard' type image?

Of course, I added a graphic for the pitch in this case, you can add any graphic to a pitch as long as it is sized properly (otherwise the game will stretch the image) and the code pointing to the image should be added to the panel.

Am 15.12.2022 um 02:37 schrieb a31632:

Wow. That´s realy nice.