Time wasting, more than simple s***housery?

I remeber 10 years ago when creating my tactic that i read a thread on these forums that suggested that time wasting is not simply "Guys take a lot longer when delivering set pieces" but also affected players time on the ball...

So not the speed of the decision of whether to pass, shoot etc ( this would be tempo ) but also instructed the players to keep the ball at their feet after receiving it ( for a lack of a better wording )...

This lead me to develop a great tactic for Crystal Palace where i stormed the league without any transfers in my first season winning the league, i believe this was during Zaha's first stint at the club.

Does time wasting works like this in these new "future" FM's or is the tactical instruction changed?

I think it does, since when i use it on max i THINK that my players take a little longer when deciding to dribble the ball and thus making better dribbles?

I also remember that thread.

Here's what the manual says about Tempo and Time Wasting, conveniently (well, it's alphabetical) following each other in it:

Tempo

A higher tempo asks players to make more decisions in a quicker fashion, designed to capitalise on situations as they present themselves, and to force lapses in concentration.

Time Wasting

The higher the setting here, the more your players look to do nothing with the ball, and take more time over set pieces and dead balls.

So, it shouldn't affect players on the ball. Could be worth testing though, as Johnny says.

Timewasting hasnt changed, it just tells players to take more time on the ball to do things. If they have dribble more they will try and run with the ball to run down the clock too. Keepers will leave the ball at their feet longer before opting to kick. If you have play for set pieces on then you could see more players with dribble more trying to win corners instead of playing the ball in.

9 minutes ago, Play Up Pompey! said:

It would be nice if we could have an instruction to keep the ball at the opponents corner flag to waste time, rather than just crossing it to their goalkeeper who launches a counter attack

That instruction would not be very effective as jostling isn't in the game yet.

Having a feeling time wasting may encourage short go nowhere passing I’m regularly getting my CB,FB and Winger passing the  ball between them with it on, gets a bit boring to watch and a touch scary at times as I’m managing a part time team in the Slovakian second division.