Promotions in the Mexican Expansion League

Hi, as I have noticed from Wikipedia, there will be no promotions/relegations between the Mexican Expansion League and the Liga MX in 5 years. In the game (FM22), however, will the promotions/relegations system returns after 5 years and if so, in what season exactly? Or there will be no promotions/relegations forever throughout the save? Thanks for the help!

Promotion starts in 2023/2024, once you get an average point over 3 seasons. Relegation is effective right away in Expansion league.

2021/2022 => Relegation possible from Expansion League

2022/2023 => Relegation possible from Expansion League

2023/2024 and after => Relegation/Promotion possible from Expansion League

To get promoted from Expansion League, you need to win the final between the winner of opening/closing stage.

16 hours ago, SpS_Zen said:

Promotion starts in 2023/2024, once you get an average point over 3 seasons. Relegation is effective right away in Expansion league.

2021/2022 => Relegation possible from Expansion League

2022/2023 => Relegation possible from Expansion League

2023/2024 and after => Relegation/Promotion possible from Expansion League

To get promoted from Expansion League, you need to win the final between the winner of opening/closing stage.

Thanks for the help. One more question: why no club does any transfers at all? There have been a few exchange deals, but I haven't seen any actual transfers from clubs in the league.

Il y a 6 heures, thedemrepofviha a dit :

Thanks for the help. One more question: why no club does any transfers at all? There have been a few exchange deals, but I haven't seen any actual transfers from clubs in the league.

Did you disable transfers in the first window ? This could also be caused by a custom database.
Otherwise, I haven't seen any issues, transfer wise, in my Mexican save. 

• 1 year later...
10 hours ago, JOHNSONFC said:

Does anyone know which season it starts from in FM24

It's still undecided yet and they are still discussing the idea of a return of promotions/relegations, so I doubt that they have been implemented into FM24.

As Brother Ben suggested try holidaying into the future for a few seasons and see if anything changes.

7 hours ago, Brother Ben said:

Just holiday the game overnight?  (Assuming you don't get a reply)

I’d already started by the time I asked . Was only when I googled the league I realised there might not be promotions 😂

If there isn’t is it something that can be changed in the editor ? Appreciate you might not know but I’ve not played fm for about 10 year so I know nothing ha

1 hour ago, JOHNSONFC said:

I’d already started by the time I asked . Was only when I googled the league I realised there might not be promotions 😂

If there isn’t is it something that can be changed in the editor ? Appreciate you might not know but I’ve not played fm for about 10 year so I know nothing ha

You can make the changes in the editor fairly simply to implement promotions/relegations.

2 hours ago, JOHNSONFC said:

It doesn't come back. It can be changed in the free pre-game editor. Not something you can change in the in-game editor though.

• 1 month later...
5 hours ago, NathanaelEKH said:

do u know how to do it? 

I do but it's a little difficult to explain on here if you have no experience using the editor. You'd be better of searching for a file that someone has created to with promotion/relegation implemented.