So, is this a thing in Argentina/South America - 100% sell-on fees to the player?

Has anyone experienced a team loaded with "100% sell-on fee" contract clauses? I took over at Atlanta in the Argentine 2nd division, Charlotte FC from the MLS comes in with a transfer bid for my starting GK (who I'd like to keep), and I notice in the bid specifics that the player is entitled to a 100% sell-on fee. So I go look at the other players contract terms and a high number of the top players for the team are all guaranteed a 100% sell-on fee. The club's $2.5 million in debt, but if I sell off any of the players with actual value...the players get the entire fee. What team would agree to that?

I did check several other teams in the division, and they all have multiple players with a 100% sell-on fee. Guess when you sign one of these players under those terms, they're a keeper no matter how much they complain. 

Is it something that players and agents are now using to get round 3rd party ownership? After getting the fee a large % will go to the 3rd party (agent).

Although this factor will likely discourage me from ever managing in Argentina again, I do think if I'm looking to poach a player from Argentina and i see this in their contract, I'm going to add some sort of clause to the transfer bid that will go to the actual team (like a huge bonus after 5 games played.) I don't know, maybe I'm too benevolent for world football.  

15 hours ago, podunkboy said:

What team would agree to that?

In real life it’s either accepting that kind of clause or don’t get the player at all.

13 minutes ago, PMLF said:

In real life it’s either accepting that kind of clause or don’t get the player at all.

I play FM to get away from real life...so in-game editor it is! (just kidding, I bought the IGE one time and it made me feel dirty. Couldn't stop myself...)

It is the only way for us South American researchs to represent how free players are handled when joining a club.
Sometimes the player belongs to an agent who "gives at loan" for a season. If the club wants to renew him they must "make use of the option" and that is why we put 100% of the future sale to an agent (the FM lets buy %).

There is also the case of players who own their rights, sign "on loan" with a club and it is the same case, before a sale the % goes to the player and if the club wants to buy him, he pays the player an amount for the rights. This is not reflected in the FM.

37 minutes ago, makul said:

It is the only way for us South American researchs to represent how free players are handled when joining a club.
Sometimes the player belongs to an agent who "gives at loan" for a season. If the club wants to renew him they must "make use of the option" and that is why we put 100% of the future sale to an agent (the FM lets buy %).

There is also the case of players who own their rights, sign "on loan" with a club and it is the same case, before a sale the % goes to the player and if the club wants to buy him, he pays the player an amount for the rights. This is not reflected in the FM.

Thank you for the information - I've been playing FM for 10+ years and never really had any idea how the South American leagues and contracts work (at least how FM does it.) Now I just need someone to explain all the contract rules and restrictions for the MLS...anyone?