One Thread To Rule Them All…

If I really had to pick one.

THOG's Lines and Diamonds is probably the one that really helped me comprehend what roles were and how they worked. It also broke down tactical styles and such in a simple way that allowed me to design things a lot more consistently. I still don't fully understand things in FM, and to be honest, I don't always try to (hah), but back when I really needed some help figuring things out and where to start, that huge thread really set me on my way. I do wish it was updated for modern roles etc, because it's just a fantastic resource. 

1 minute ago, isignedupfornorealreason said:

If I really had to pick one.

THOG's Lines and Diamonds is probably the one that really helped me comprehend what roles were and how they worked. It also broke down tactical styles and such in a simple way that allowed me to design things a lot more consistently. I still don't fully understand things in FM, and to be honest, I don't always try to (hah), but back when I really needed some help figuring things out and where to start, that huge thread really set me on my way. I do wish it was updated for modern roles etc, because it's just a fantastic resource. 

Can u send a link for it?

Definitely Lines and Diamonds

one of the or properbly THE best ever written guide for FM 

Eventhough it’s for FM 15, it can still be used especially if you are looking for general football concepts and what it needs to implement. 

football manager specific sections can be outdated such as team shape for example.

You can download the handbook for a comprehensive version as some links in that thread doesn’t seem to work anymore.