What are the benefits of choosing the 'blue' overall training sessions?

I don't tend to play with any tactical style, and like to adapt based on opposition strengths and weaknesses. Because of this, I used to just like leaving my training on the more general sessions, so that we have a versatile team. However now I realise that the general sessions give all the players equal attention in all attributes. For example, your centreback will work on his flair as much as his marking, and your striker will work on his tackling as much as his finishing.

What are the reasons for choosing this session?

14 minutes ago, Jack722 said:

For example, your centreback will work on his flair as much as his marking, and your striker will work on his tackling as much as his finishing.

Is this true? 

I use these sessions in my custom schedules to ensure adequate balance of training across the entire month. I have a whole personalized training regiment that I developed for my squad based on the specific attributes that I recruit around to build my clubs foundation with. It seems to help keep my players happy as they will begin to become agitated if I don’t have at least one general session per week. 

19 minutes ago, Jack722 said:

For example, your centreback will work on his flair as much as his marking, and your striker will work on his tackling as much as his finishing.

Sounds great if you want a complete, total football team. Tackling on the forward is especially useful anyway.

11 minutes ago, Poison said:

Sounds great if you want a complete, total football team. Tackling on the forward is especially useful anyway.

this is the only thing I think it would be useful for. Perhaps also for maybe a once a week or once a month sort of thing, but certainly not for the majority of the sessions. I would like my defenders to work on defending the most.

15 minutes ago, kepz said:

Is this true? 

I use these sessions in my custom schedules to ensure adequate balance of training across the entire month. I have a whole personalized training regiment that I developed for my squad based on the specific attributes that I recruit around to build my clubs foundation with. It seems to help keep my players happy as they will begin to become agitated if I don’t have at least one general session per week. 

image.png.2a8565351b5ede00a6031e67df8627bb.png

according to this, yes

1 minute ago, Jack722 said:

this is the only thing I think it would be useful for. Perhaps also for maybe a once a week or once a month sort of thing, but certainly not for the majority of the sessions. I would like my defenders to work on defending the most.

I have left my training to the AI and that is the frequency, yeah. It doesn't use the blue training often, unless it's pre-season since they are also heavy schedules i think.

5 hours ago, Jack722 said:

image.png.2a8565351b5ede00a6031e67df8627bb.png

according to this, yes

for 'overall' and 'outfield' that's true.   For the other General sessions, training focuses on relevant attributes.  But most of the 'General' sessions spend some of their time on tactical familiarity (not Goalkeeping or Physical).  If you want players to train their 'individual roles' you need to choose a session which does that, like Defensive Shape, Attacking Movement, any Goalkeeping, Aerial Defense (for non-defenders), Match Practice....otherwise what you direct for 'individual roles' has no effect.