[FM22] Continental leagues (experimental database)

A first (and very important) mention : this is - at least for now - just an experimental database.

Spoiler

What does this database contain? Five continental leagues. Why 5 different continental leagues and not a World League ? Because such a World League has already been created and, in addition, because each continent has its own characteristics, and my intention was for each file to have slightly different settings from the other 4 files.

How are these settings different? For now, the main difference lies in some characteristics of those "nations" to which the leagues have been assigned :

Nations

Some details about each continent (levels, competitions, number of teams) :

Competitions

Of course, the table above is not interesting at all because these numbers cannot describe the database. For this reason, I have also prepared some files regarding the allocation of clubs / teams in the various leagues :

Clubs - Europe (by league)

Clubs - Europe (by nation)

Clubs - South America (by league)

Clubs - South America (by nation)

Clubs - North America (by league)

Clubs - North America (by nation)

Clubs - Asia (by league)

Clubs - Asia (by nation)

Clubs - Africa (by name)

Clubs - Africa (by nation)

On what was the composition of the various leagues and series based ? On the club's default reputation. I did not look at the names of the clubs but strictly at their reputation. In the case of leagues with two or more series (divisions) I have allocated one club in each group in descending order depending on this reputation.

What does that mention regarding of "number of players" represent ? I completely disbanded both the "B" teams and these affiliated clubs that had a "B" club status. In other words, all players of Barcelona B or those of Borussia Dortmund II were "transferred" in the main club squad. Why ? Because if I didn't do that, those players wouldn't have played. Barcelona B would have been just a name, not participating in any competition. What was the point of hundreds of players (some of them very good) not being used at all ? So that "number of players" is the total number of players the club has at its disposal at the beginning of the first season.

Another detail : the 11th European League includes clubs from nations such as Croatia, Scotland, Serbia, Ukraine ... as well as clubs from Andorra, Faroe Islands or Liechtenstein. Why? Because initially I intended for European league to have only 10 levels. Then I realized that some nations are far too underrepresented in relation to their importance in European football. I added some additional clubs belonging to those nations, then, because there were still a few clubs needed, I also added other 32 clubs belonging to less some powerful nations.

Europe Level 11 - Correction

What is the level of reputation allocated to the newly created competitions? It is higher than the "default" competitions reputation :

Competitions - Reputation

Details regarding promotion and relegation :

Promotion - Relegation

As it can be seen, there are some cups. Each continent has two cups (Europe has 3 because there are 11 leagues) and there is an intercontinental cup.
The competition reserved for clubs from leagues 1 to 4 is called "cup", the one reserved for clubs from leagues 5 and below is called "trophy" :

Cups - Structure

Cups - Seedings

Some details about money (prizes, participation money, TV money, allocations) :

Money - Leagues

Money - Cups

Money - Youth

A list of some important dates. The list is not final yet as some changes are still needed : Important

And now ... the files :

Europe

South America

North America

Asia

Africa

If someone does not have the time (or don't want) to wait 5 to 9 minutes to upload the files and create a new save ... I also attach two ready-loaded saves, ie two .fm files :

The first save (56 mb) contains a simplified version of the database (Europe - Level 4, South America - Level 4, North America - Level 4, Asia - Level 4, Africa - Level 4) :

4-4-4-4-4

The second save (65 mb) contains a complete version (Europe - Level 11, South America - Level 8, North America - Level 5, Asia - Level 7, Africa - Level 7) :

11-8-5-7-7

By the way, the full version is extremely slow, which is why I do not recommend using it. In contrast, strictly "continental" versions as well as combinations that reduce the number of leagues (eg Europe 11 + South America 1 + Africa 1 or Europe 8 + South America 2 + North America 2 + Asia 2 + Africa 2) are reasonably fast.

Is this the final version? No, of course it's not. There are many more things to add, change or simplify. But it's a start. I'll be back in a few days with some improvements.

Edited by GreenTriangle

These are the best players generated in the first 4 years (2022 - 2025), ordered by PA.

As can be seen, their nationality depends on the nation of the club where they were generated, and not on the nation to which the continental league was assigned.

Spoiler

ThLz6dB.jpg

FOpLP7l.jpg

L6SZG2P.jpg

thLT08d.jpg

In fact, only 3 of the 27,000 players have an "abnormal" nationality (ie generated based on the nation hosting the continental league) :

Spoiler

Qt7JR8q.jpg

There are some issues ? Yes, of course. Both European and South American youth ratings seems to be too high, especially the South American one. A decrease is needed, but this can be done only as a result of some tests.

Edited by GreenTriangle

Spoiler

Some small improvements :

- finals of the "national" (continental) competitions as well as the Club World Cup final will be played on neutral stadiums, chosen at random from the following list :

Stadiums

- each competition will have a certain number of awards (7 for each league, two for each cup) :

Awards

- the transfer schedule has been changed. There are some additional restrictions now :

Transfers

Youth rating was too high in the old version, especially in terms of rating for South America and Europe. It has been modified (South America : 186 => 168, Europe 183 => 176, North America 136 => 131) and a first test seems to confirm a slight improvement.

Nations

Is there anything else to do? Yes. Reserve and U19 competitions need to be rebuilt. Some of the cup and league match dates have to be redistributed because they sometimes clash with national team matches and the game can hardly find alternative dates. The number of players that the game has to handle (over 100,000 for the complete database) is too high and must be reduced to a maximum of 75-80000. Plus many more other things. Unfortunately, almost all of them require testing, so it will take some time for the database to be complete. For now, it's just usable.

https://www.mediafire.com/file/5y51h6n3kk50n6j/ICL_20220109_Africa_7.fmf/file

https://www.mediafire.com/file/5misut33iig8gmn/ICL_20220109_Asia_7.fmf/file

https://www.mediafire.com/file/izhped5xq9gcqvw/ICL_20220109_Europe_11.fmf/file

https://www.mediafire.com/file/f64twuk40z89izq/ICL_20220109_NorthA_5.fmf/file

https://www.mediafire.com/file/w91zso5jyhvkvlp/ICL_20220109_SouthA_8.fmf/file

Edited by GreenTriangle

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

"February 2022" version. There are some changes, such as that has been added an 8th Asian League. This additional league contains 15 clubs from Oceania (more precisely, 5 New Zealand clubs and 10 clubs belonging to other nations)

Spoiler

Files :

Europe (all 11 levels)

South America (all 8 levels)

North America (all 5 levels)

Asia (all 8 levels)

Africa (all 7 levels)

Intercontinental competitions (Club World Cup / World Trophy)

Since the entire database is quite large (1504 clubs, 72,000 players, over 60,000 matches per year) and the use of all 6 files can cause some problems in terms of game speed, I have created some smaller versions of these files :

Europe (8 levels)

Europe (4 levels)

Europe (2 levels)

South America (4 levels)

South America (2 levels)

North America (2 levels)

Asia (4 levels)

Asia (2 levels)

Africa (4 levels)

Africa (2 levels)

Spoiler

What are the most important changes compared to previous versions?
1. As I said earlier, an 8th Asian league has been added.

Asian 8th league

2. There is less money (prizes, TV money), which has the effect of reducing the total amount spent on transfers.

Money

3. Previous youth ratings were far too high, which generated a large number of players having a very high AP. The new ratings are now significantly lower, especially for Europe and South America.

Nations

4. Club World Cup now takes place according to the Champions League system (8 groups of 4 teams each, followed by a knockout stage). I created a second intercontinental competition (Club World Trophy) which was necessary because the difference between the European leagues and those in Africa or Asia is really big. The second competition does not include European clubs but offers those smaller clubs from other continents a chance to get some reasonable intercontinental performance ... and some extra money.

Cups - structure

5. There are certain limitations regarding the lots. The most important limit is related to the maximum number of players that can be registered, maximum 32 (maximum 24 for European leagues 9-11). The limit was necessary because the rich clubs managed by AI tended to acquire a lot of players, reaching after a few years to have over 100 players in their teams. However, a club still can transfer and use a high number of players because the number of players usable in the Reserve and U19 competitions is not limited. The only limit is related to the increasingly unhappiness  of some players if they are used especially in competitions (Reserve, U19) that have a very low reputation.

What I couldn't change ? I could not include the Japanese clubs in my database because their squads have to be created for scratch and I hadn't enough time for this. Indeed, there is an alternative : to use fake players. But I created these competitions precisely to contain as many players as possible that exist in real life. In fact, there are 47 other clubs that I didn't include in the database, although their reputation was high enough to be included. The reason ? The game database was very incomplete in their case, some of these clubs having only 4-5 players in all their squads. The minimum limit I accepted is 15 players (or 20, including loans). Also, I could not create a separate league system for Oceania because the reputation of clubs in this region of the world is low and, in addition, 6 out of every 10 clubs would have been from New Zealand. I could have called these leagues "New Zealand and some clubs from other nations." I think, however, that the inclusion of Oceanian clubs in Asian leagues is advisable, at least in terms of playability. Opponents are stronger and, therefore, a possible good performance is more impressive.

Edited by GreenTriangle

Files validated and verified for FM 22.3.0 (winter update). There was a bug in the previous versions of these files (bug related  to players registration), but it has been fixed.

Europe (all 11 levels)

South America (all 8 levels)

North America (all 5 levels)

Asia (all 8 levels)

Africa (all 7 levels)

Intercontinental competitions (Club World Cup / World Trophy)

Smaller / simplified versions for above files :

Europe (8 levels) / Europe (4 levels) / Europe (2 levels)

South America (4 levels) / South America (2 levels)

North America (2 levels)

Asia (4 levels) / Asia (2 levels)

Africa (4 levels) / Africa (2 levels)

• 2 months later...