[FM22] New Zealand League Pyramid

Thanks, NZ new structure looks really fun to play (and difficult to re-create!). I don't know if it's possible to achieve this with the editor, but the Southern League is actually made of teams that previously competed in two regional sub-competitions (FootballSouth and Mainland premier leagues) to qualify.

Only issue I've seen (which was actually present in most NZ files I've checked in FM 21 so probably an issue of original DB) is that players of Wellington Phoenix Rerserves/Lower Hutt with New Zealand nationality are considered foreigners in New Zealand league (strangely Australian players are not considered foreigners, maybe something to do with Wellington Phoenix being considered an 'australian' club by the game).

Also, do you know if OFC Champions League is working correctly (i.e. right teams qualifying)? I ask because as you probably know this has been a long standing issue in FM :D

Amazing work so far!

Hi ratio1618. I am also doing a file for New Zealand. I have finalized the teams for all the divisions with all their correct data. I also am incorporating a Chatham Cup with the 200 or so teams incorporated. Their will be dynamic relegation from the national league (I have included 12 teams for simplicity when it comes to relegation) to the regional divisions (Phoenix Reserves are exempt from relegation to the regional conferences). The structure is as follows:

National League (12 teams) (3 relegations)

Northern/Central/Southern Premierships (12 teams) (1 promotion each and 3 relegations each)

Northern (24 teams) (3 promotions and 6 relegations) /Central (18 teams) (3 promotions and 4 relegations) /Southern Championships (18 teams) (3 promotions and 4 relegations)

Northern Provincial (44 teams divided into 4 groups of 11 with promotion playoffs for 3 promotions) Waibop Provincial (28 teams divided into 4 groups of 7 with promotion playoffs for 3 promotions) 

Eastern, Western, Central and Capital Provincial (10 teams in each division with 1 promotion for each division)

Southern Provincial (20 teams divided into 2 groups of 10 with promotion playoff)

I will also do provincial cups excluding teams in the first three divisions.

It's a big project but there are a lot of resources here on the web to help. Let me know if you want to look at my file and I will send over what I have done.

3 hours ago, kandersson said:

Thanks, NZ new structure looks really fun to play (and difficult to re-create!). I don't know if it's possible to achieve this with the editor, but the Southern League is actually made of teams that previously competed in two regional sub-competitions (FootballSouth and Mainland premier leagues) to qualify.

Only issue I've seen (which was actually present in most NZ files I've checked in FM 21 so probably an issue of original DB) is that players of Wellington Phoenix Rerserves/Lower Hutt with New Zealand nationality are considered foreigners in New Zealand league (strangely Australian players are not considered foreigners, maybe something to do with Wellington Phoenix being considered an 'australian' club by the game).

Also, do you know if OFC Champions League is working correctly (i.e. right teams qualifying)? I ask because as you probably know this has been a long standing issue in FM :D

Amazing work so far!

The OFC CL legit seems to be working now, at least the few tests i ran.

Im so happy if this is the case i have been hounding SI to fix it for years.

Hi Ratio,

My file isn't exactly like the NZ system because every year they qualify teams from the three regional leagues to a 10 team national league that follows but this isn't a true pyramid. What I did is have the ten teams from this year + 2 more from the South Island. Below that I just make up the numbers so that it becomes a pyramid. I have put in a Chatham Cup and league cups but I also want to fix up the Oceania Champions League because there should be a qualifying round with 4 teams from the minor associations. 18 teams in total going to 16 for the group phase with the competition running for the first half of the year with a group phase in four host sites followed by knockout rounds over three separate weekends. In the next couple of weeks I intend to tidy this up and then go to work on a Brazilian league file. Here is my New Zealand file:

NZ League System.fmf

I have finished all the competitions and promotions and relegations that do not require dynamic relegation. I will just need this from the top league to the regional premier divisions to get the teams going into the correct regional leagues and from the regional first divisions into the provincial divisions. Here is the updated file:

NZ League System.fmf

Will give this a go over the weekend.

Tried to play in NZ before and went for the easy option of Auckland but always had issues that the players were on good wages but the salary cap / wage budget - can't remember which it was - was so low that there was no way I could keep all the players I had even on reduced terms 

On 14/11/2021 at 08:43, ratio1618 said:

Here is a working file for anyone that wants a 90% accurate NZ file.

The only Issues i am having with the file is trying to find concrete outlines on how promotion and relegation are going to work. For the time being i have made it simple so that 2 go up and down from T1 to each of the regional leagues.

The Regional leagues should organise teams well enough but there may be some cross over.
I will work on finishing the rest of the tiers when i can find how promotion/relegation works or if the leagues currently active are even being used from 2021 onwards as there are murmurings that they are going to make the pyramid more straight forward

Any bugs or suggestions  let me know

NZ National League 2 Tier.fmf 28.36 kB · 34 downloads

I've been playing with this today. Haven't finished a full season yet, but I think you've done a pretty good job. I do have a couple of notes though.

1. Prize money in the national league is probably way too high. There isn't actually prize money at all in NZ competitions, but given the funding mechanism for clubs in NZ doesn't exist in FM, you do need either prize money or TV money. Most national league clubs have income between 300,000 (lower end of the league) and 1,500,000 NZD (OFC CL winners). I would suggest setting TV money around that $300,000 mark for clubs in all the leagues you have created, potentially some national league prize money, and then let the Champions League and Club World Cup money go to the teams that qualify. This would be a lot closer to reality.

2. The league season is way too long. The Northern leagues normally start mid-March and end in late August/early September, while the Central and Southern ones start in early April and end late August/early September. The national league round was going to be early October to early December this year.

3. I don't know if it's possible to set different numbers of qualifiers between the three national league divisions, but it is 4 from Northern, 4 (3+Lower Hutt/Phoenix Reserves) from Central and 2 from Southern.

4. The NZ transfer window is basically January 1 to June 30.

5. B and C Teams do not compete in the Chatham Cup.

Just another note about realism - the absolute wackiness of NZ promotion and relegation which is probably nigh on impossible to fully recreate.

Northern Region

The Northern section of the National League (NRFL Premier) relegates two teams directly down to NRFL One, which relegates to NRFL Two. From there it goes to regional leagues from the Northern Federation, Auckland Federation, and WaiBOP Federation.

Central Region

The Central section (Central League) is more complicated. There is only one relegation place, which drops down into the Captial Premier or Central Federation league depending on which Federation the relegated team belongs to. There is a promotion playoff between the winners of the Capital Prem and Central Fed leagues. The Capital league then relegates to Capital 1,2,3 etc. The number of relegations is always impacted by the Federations of the teams promoted and relegated out of the Central League (for example this year the relegated team is from Capital and the promoted team is from Central so the Capital Premier had three relegated teams instead of two), and the fact that clubs cannot have two teams in the same league (so if for example Western Suburbs got relegated from the Central League, their B team would be relegated from the Capital Premier). The Central Fed league has the mechanism for one team to be promoted from a playoff between the winners of the Taranaki, Horizons, and Pacific Premierships, but in actuality often has no promotions and relegations at all.

Southern Region

This one is also tough because the Southern section (Southern League) is actaully itself a champions playoff of the top four teams from the Mainland Premier and top two from the Southern Premier. The Mainland Premier and Southern Premier relegate down within their Federations.

Like I said, I doubt this is able to be properly replicated, but the closer you can get to it the more realistic it will be.

33 minutes ago, EmperorRimbaud said:

Just another note about realism - the absolute wackiness of NZ promotion and relegation which is probably nigh on impossible to fully recreate.

Northern Region

The Northern section of the National League (NRFL Premier) relegates two teams directly down to NRFL One, which relegates to NRFL Two. From there it goes to regional leagues from the Northern Federation, Auckland Federation, and WaiBOP Federation.

Central Region

The Central section (Central League) is more complicated. There is only one relegation place, which drops down into the Captial Premier or Central Federation league depending on which Federation the relegated team belongs to. There is a promotion playoff between the winners of the Capital Prem and Central Fed leagues. The Capital league then relegates to Capital 1,2,3 etc. The number of relegations is always impacted by the Federations of the teams promoted and relegated out of the Central League (for example this year the relegated team is from Capital and the promoted team is from Central so the Capital Premier had three relegated teams instead of two), and the fact that clubs cannot have two teams in the same league (so if for example Western Suburbs got relegated from the Central League, their B team would be relegated from the Capital Premier). The Central Fed league has the mechanism for one team to be promoted from a playoff between the winners of the Taranaki, Horizons, and Pacific Premierships, but in actuality often has no promotions and relegations at all.

Southern Region

This one is also tough because the Southern section (Southern League) is actaully itself a champions playoff of the top four teams from the Mainland Premier and top two from the Southern Premier. The Mainland Premier and Southern Premier relegate down within their Federations.

Like I said, I doubt this is able to be properly replicated, but the closer you can get to it the more realistic it will be.

im looking forward to getting my childhood club Queens Park into the national league

Started a save with Western Suburbs (amateur club with excellent facilities :D), this league structure is really fun to play! Great work @ratio1618 as it looks quite complicated to create all the regional leagues via editor. Only a few suggestions if you're planning future updates:

- Wellington Phoenix Reserves/Lower Hutt: SI have chosen to make Lower Hutt the de facto B team of Wellington Phoenix though it's a bit trickier IRL. The key aspect is that Phoenix Reserves get an automatic spot for national league regardless of Lower Hutt position in the central league, not sure if it's possibile to implement this unique agreement.

- Another couple of issues with Phoenix Reserves/Lower Hutt: as mentioned previously, their NZ players are considered foreigners in New Zealand competitions (curiously australian players are not considered foreigners) which makes it hard for them to even field a decent team (thus they've been relegated in my save). Probably an original DB issue. Also, there's a separated 'Phoenix Reserves' club (not affiliated to Wellington Phoenix or Lower Hutt) which doesn't compete in any league but still signs players and operates as a regular club. Seems a bit weird?

- Foreign players limit should be 4 + one additional spot for players from OFC countries (currently it's simply 4 in this file)

- The original National League/championship phase format (before cancellation due to covid) included a Grand Final between top two clubs after the round-robin league (currently the club in 1st place is crowned winner in this file). Also, the championship phase should feature 10 clubs (9 spots via regional leagues + automatic spot for Wellington Phoenix Reserves) while it's currently 9 in this file (Phoenix Reserves are not qualifying automatically). I imagine this would be particularly hard to achieve especially because of Wellington Phoenix/Lower Hutt implementation in the game.

- I noticed there are some gaps between matches especially in the summer (july-august-september) for the last games of regional leagues (a few weeks between most matches in this period), while the National league schedule is pretty congested in november. Would it be possible to make the schedule more balanced i.e. less gaps in the summer and less congested national league fixtures (e.g. National League starting earlier in october) ? Also, I noticed my B team will finish their season in january (2022) is that supposed to happen?

Excellent work btw, I love playing in NZ!

Edited by kandersson

Hey lads! I curated the in-game New Zealand database for FM21 and FM22, happy to answer any questions r.e. the database, errors (was incredibly rushed this iteration + I was the only one responsible for creating leagues, teams, squads etc. on a large scale) or NZ rules. Thank goodness NZ isn't in the game just yet - would be an absolute nightmare for me to try and recreate the ever-changing league rules, promotion/relegation systems etc.

All New Zealand regional leagues with any significance are in the base database with correct teams - bar South Canterbury Div 1 and I believe Nelson Bays Div 1, which is missing one club that I couldn't manage to get over the line before release.

@EmperorRimbaudsome great info there, all looks good! only correction is that the Southern League qualification games only took place this season. The Mainland Premier and Southern Premier are effectively knocked down a tier from 2022 as the Southern League takes its place - promotion and relegation will work as normal between these leagues. Effectively, this format can be implemented in any created databases from day one.

Finances are extremely tricky to faithfully replicate given their dubious relevancy in NZ football - something I plan to focus on later down the line.

@kanderssonthanks for the interesting info! without any access to league files during testing, it was a nightmare trying to fix bugs with the ingame database, and it seems like the bugs with the Nix Reserves/Lower Hutt must have skipped past all of us. There's no way to accurately replicate the Nix/Lower Hutt relationship in the database, where Lower Hutt competes in regional competition and the Nix Reserves compete in the National League - perhaps if NZ is implemented as a playable league in the near future, this could be hard-coded by SI higher-ups. For the moment, I decided to designate Lower Hutt as the B-team. You definitely chose a great club in Western Suburbs too - look forward to the newgens ;) 

Finally, unreal work @ratio1618- really look forward to playing!! Wouldn't be the same game at all without you database creators

Edited by mrsmiis

Tried to start as Auckland City over the weekend.

Have a weekly wage budget of 2.8k and start as spending that but most players are on contracts of £0.

Obviously when you come to renew contract they actually want paying.

A bit frustrating so I'll give Auckland a miss but will try to see if there is a team that fits so that I don't have that wages issue .

@mrsmiis good to have you on board in this thread :D. Yeah I guess the only way to replicate the Phoenix/Lower Hutt status in regional and national leagues would be being hard-coded by SI, hopefully sooner or later NZ will become an offical league in FM. Current implementation would be fine in this structure if it wasn't for the bug with NZ players of Wellington Phoenix/Lower Hutt being considered foreigners in NZ competitions (Lower Hutt should still be able to consistently qualify for national league via central league if they could use their NZ players). I usually like to play a club and country save with Phoenix and New Zealand so hopefully this particular bug will be fixed in future updates. My affinity with NZ football actually started with Football Kingz back in the old CM days :lol:. Club and country saves with NZ are fun because I can use both club and national team (senior and youth) to develop young players. The new league structure is also fun to play, thanks to @ratio1618 for his immense work here. Really enjoying my Western Suburbs save, their facilities are absolutely amazing for this level!

@batch I imagine this to be an issue of semi-professional clubs in NZ. The problem is they really don't have money and can only pay very low wages, while it's also very hard to make money via transfers or league prize so it's a bit of a loop. My Western Suburbs side for example operate as an Amateur club i.e. we pay 0 wages to players and staff, and still manage to sign good players for this level of football (best players can be poached for free though, I had a few leaving for Scotland, Sweden and MLS). It's hard to make money in NZ even with a relatively high league prize so it's probably better to maintain amateur status for a few years.

Edited by kandersson

1 hour ago, kandersson said:

@mrsmiis good to have you on board in this thread :D. Yeah I guess the only way to replicate the Phoenix/Lower Hutt status in regional and national leagues would be being hard-coded by SI, hopefully sooner or later NZ will become an offical league in FM. Current implementation would be fine in this structure if it wasn't for the bug with NZ players of Wellington Phoenix/Lower Hutt being considered foreigners in NZ competitions (Lower Hutt should still be able to consistently qualify for national league via central league if they could use their NZ players). I usually like to play a club and country save with Phoenix and New Zealand so hopefully this particular bug will be fixed in future updates. My affinity with NZ football actually started with Football Kingz back in the old CM days :lol:. Club and country saves with NZ are fun because I can use both club and national team (senior and youth) to develop young players. The new league structure is also fun to play, thanks to @ratio1618 for his immense work here. Really enjoying my Western Suburbs save, their facilities are absolutely amazing for this level!

@batch I imagine this to be an issue of semi-professional clubs in NZ. The problem is they really don't have money and can only pay very low wages, while it's also very hard to make money via transfers or league prize so it's a bit of a loop. My Western Suburbs side for example operate as an Amateur club i.e. we pay 0 wages to players and staff, and still manage to sign good players for this level of football (best players can be poached for free though, I had a few leaving for Scotland, Sweden and MLS). It's hard to make money in NZ even with a relatively high league prize so it's probably better to maintain amateur status for a few years.

Yeah good points there.

I decided to start a career elsewhere but with the rate that I start and then start again I'll be in NZ from the off some point soon.

4 hours ago, timmarkcorcoran said:

cant wait for fm23 now as my beloved Queens Park are making the step up from Donald Gray to the ODT Southern Championship next winter

wow, where'd you find this out? Haven't been able to find any info on which teams will be in the Mainland Prem/Southern Championship for 2022

edit: it's on the FB page, of course! hope we find out the full league soon

Edited by mrsmiis

10 hours ago, mrsmiis said:

wow, where'd you find this out? Haven't been able to find any info on which teams will be in the Mainland Prem/Southern Championship for 2022

edit: it's on the FB page, of course! hope we find out the full league soon

they were my childhood club and they have a memorial trophy named after my dad :)

its a big thing for an invercargill club to join an otago league

Just reporting other minor issues :D:

- According to wiki 'Charity Cup will once again be contested by the winner of the Chatham Cup and the winner of the National League, beginning with the 2022 season', so hopefully this could be added in a future version of this file.

- Regional Leagues titles are not recorded as achievements for clubs, players or managers, only National league seems to count as a league title. Also, no awards (top scorer, best player, team of the year) are given in national or regional leagues so these could also be added in the future.

Finally managed to turn professional with Western Suburbs after a couple of successful seasons, time to pay some wages :D

• 1 month later...

First of all, great work Ratio :)

Tried that DB for my FM22 Hexagon run and did couple of seasons. Had a blast, but some issues (most already pointed out here), kinda ruined my immersion eventually.

Not sure if you're still working on this file, so I've used your original DB and made some tweaks to it. Hope you don't mind. Did the changes for my own save, but figured the modified DB could be useful to someone else, so I'm posting it here (hope I'm not breaking any rule, I'm not trying to claim the original work as my own, there are credits in the DB description).

Anyways, what's different from the original:

- tried to "fix" the Lower Hutt/WP Reserves issue the best I could, and my solution is to actually remove LH as the WP B-Team (as it's set in the base game), and made it as a feeder affiliate (players can move freely); made the WP Reserves as the actual WP B-Team (link is set up again as an affiliate, to remove the "foreign" NZ players issue. LH plays in the Central Premier and cannot be promoted (or relegated), WP Reserves team plays in the championship stage of the National League (I believe this most closely mirrors RL).

- Changed promotion spots (Northern 4, Central 3, Southern 2), so the National League is 10 teams (incl WP Reserves).

- Grand Final at the end of the National League Champions Stage.

- B/youth teams now cannot be promoted in the top flight, nor can they play in the Chatham Cup.

- tweaked most of the fixture start/end dates - league stages start in mid-March/April and end by the end of September, National League starts in October and ends by early December. Chatham Cup Final and the NZNL Grand Final are played in mid December.

- Added the ASB Charity Cup (super cup tie between the Chatham Cup winner and the NZNL winner/runner up in case of the same team winning both)

- champion status and trophy for the winner of the 3 top flight regional leagues.

- Foreign players limit of 5 (the intention is to make it 4 + 1 OFC foreigner, but couldn't figure it out for this version :D )

Known issues:

- I'd love to do the Central Leagues relegations/promotion playoff properly, and will maybe try it for the near future. About the Southern League situation, I'm pretty sure it cannot be replicated currently, as the game requires the child competitions to have teams (National League being parent of Southern League requires it has teams, so the Mainland Premier / Southern Premier playoff is out for now).

- Lower Hutt B is playable, other B teams aren't (they all are in Capital Premier). That's because LH-B is set up via affiliate link, and not as a reserve team

- Renamed Capital Premier League to Central Federation League in the DB, but it'll require a "Competitions and other Fixes.lnc" file change too to appear properly in game.

- Haven't changed prize/TV money. Don't think it affects the game that much, since I don't have other OFC leagues loaded, and NZ ends up dominating anyway.

- will try to add weekly / seasonal awards + maybe leagues for tier 3 for the future.

Cheers and let me know if there are any other problems or requests :)

New Zealand Tier 1&2 by ratio1618.fmf

• 2 weeks later...

Here's the updated version of the database in the previous post.

It's complete to Tier 5 (it's only missing the Gisbourn Eastern T4&5 divisions, but they don't appear too relevant anyway) + 3 divisions in T6 (NRF Championship, WaiBOP Championship and Capital Div 3) and the T7 Northern Premier. 

Promotional/Relegation numbers across divisions should be correct. When there're 2 or 3 divisions promoting into a single division, there's a playoff for qualification. There are around 10 new clubs and around 30 B/C clubs added - all B/C teams are playable, but can't play in the top 2 tiers (top 4 for NRFL). Complete structure with number of teams, promotions and relegations can be seen in the attached image.

OFC Champions League Qualification should be working correctly now. The Grand Final-ists from the National League Championship qualify (Wellington Phoenix Reserves are ineligible - in case the finish in the top 2, the 3rd placed team qualifies). This words with the original competition in the game, but should work with custom made OFC CL databases.

The Chatham cup implements a geographical draw system for the first 4 rounds (as is IRL), and should group local teams together (3 regions for this - North, Central, South). Charity Cup begins from 22/23 season. The English Cup is also implemented.

Each division has a Golden Boot award at the end of the season; and the National Leagues get a Team of the Week, Player of the Year, Young Player of the Year and Manager of the Year awards too.

Played with the prize / tv money a bit, feels a bit more balanced now.

Including also an archive with club and competition logos. They should cover the new database additions + those I was missing from the original database (I'm using the Metallic Logos pack and it covers 90% of teams/comps).

Tested it as best I could (80+ years simulations in the editor and 2-3 season sims in-game), but let me know of any issues. Some information may be incorrect, but I've done my best to research (I'm in Europe, so was not easy :D ). Some "mistakes" are deliberate - for example the IRL Nelson Prem winner qualifies for the Mainland Prem playoff, but they traditionally forfeit the game, so CCL team auto-promotes (they play it in the databse).

One annoying issue is that there are no team/player stats for the NL Championship stage. Tried all kinds of tricks, but it seems it can't be done, while the National League is not an actual division with teams (it's a parent competition). If anyone has a solution for that, do tell :).

Enjoy

nz_league_structure.png

New Zealand.fmf newzealand.logos.zip

Reworked the top tier, to try and include stats for the National League and I think the final result is acceptable.

Basically the North, Central and South top leagues are played as a group stage as a part from the National League competition (it's a bit how the MLS is done in the game, with Eastern/Western Conf.) Attaching some screenshots how it actually looks in-game.

The gameplay end-result isn't much different than the previous version (match plans / promotions / relegations are all the same), but IMO the new file works better given the editor limitations recreating such complex league structure.

Think this DB is done and won't work on it anymore (unless there are bugs of course). It was a fun experience, but boy did I pick the craziest league structure to better learn the editor :D 

20220126143702_1.jpg

20220126153630_1.jpg

20220126155650_1.jpg

20220126143538_1.jpg

20220126160625_1.jpg

20220126162226_1.jpg

New Zealand_v2.fmf

Edited by limonezz

9 hours ago, limonezz said:

Reworked the top tier, to try and include stats for the National League and I think the final result is acceptable.

Basically the North, Central and South top leagues are played as a group stage as a part from the National League competition (it's a bit how the MLS is done in the game, with Eastern/Western Conf.) Attaching some screenshots how it actually looks in-game.

The gameplay end-result isn't much different than the previous version (match plans / promotions / relegations are all the same), but IMO the new file works better given the editor limitations recreating such complex league structure.

Think this DB is done and won't work on it anymore (unless there are bugs of course). It was a fun experience, but boy did I pick the craziest league structure to better learn the editor :D 

20220126143702_1.jpg

20220126153630_1.jpg

20220126155650_1.jpg

20220126143538_1.jpg

20220126160625_1.jpg

20220126162226_1.jpg

New Zealand_v2.fmf 107.14 kB · 3 downloads

Ok so like i dont have the same time i did to edit comps anymore.

I think you have done an outstanding job here and honestly at this point i reckon it would be smart for me to delete this thread and you publish your file with your own OP. I think too many people are missing out on a good file with it being buried in this thread.

PM me if you wanna do something like that

• ratio1618 changed the title to [FM22] New Zealand League Pyramid
  • 2 weeks later...
On 27/01/2022 at 03:26, limonezz said:

20220126143702_1.jpg

20220126153630_1.jpg

20220126155650_1.jpg

20220126143538_1.jpg

20220126160625_1.jpg

20220126162226_1.jpg

New Zealand_v2.fmf 107.14 kB · 29 downloads

Is there a seperate Is there a seperate OFC file or is this all we need? Much appreciated for the great work!

On 22/02/2022 at 08:04, baller94 said:

Is there a seperate Is there a seperate OFC file or is this all we need? Much appreciated for the great work!

What do you mean by OFC? OFC Champions League or something else? I haven't made a separate file for that, because this database works pretty good with the default in-game implementation of the competition. I realize that it's not 100% how it is in real life, but is close enough for my liking - i.e. a preliminary stage, 4 groups stage (top 2 teams of each group qualify), followed by knock outs. I suppose you can use a custom OFC CL file, as long as it doesn't change the NZ qualification - which is the top competition's winner and runner-up (or third placed, in case of Wellington Phoenix Reserves made it to the Grand Final).

If your question wasn't about the Champions League but about something else, let me know.

On 23/02/2022 at 10:48, limonezz said:

As mentioned above, I used the database changes to the clubs from your initial file + your file inspired me to do mine, so give yourself credit :)

Hate to be that guy but could you please update this file for 22.3? :D

1 hour ago, kandersson said:

Hate to be that guy but could you please update this file for 22.3? :D

Already on it :D

Just ironing out some bugs I found while playing and trying my best to enable the "Immersive Deadline Day Experience" feature, which at the moment refuses to cooperate.

On that note, now would be a good time to share any bugs that need fixing for the next version.

30 minutes ago, limonezz said:

Already on it :D

Just ironing out some bugs I found while playing and trying my best to enable the "Immersive Deadline Day Experience" feature, which at the moment refuses to cooperate.

On that note, now would be a good time to share any bugs that need fixing for the next version.

Latest file looked pretty much perfect! My only suggestion would be to change back B/C teams as non-playable reserve teams rather than affiliate clubs (except the infamous case of Lower Hutt/WP reserves :D) but it's mostly a personal preference (I find it easier to move and manage players between squads plus I like to hire staff for reserve teams :lol:)

Edited by kandersson

19 minutes ago, kandersson said:

Latest file looked pretty much perfect! My only suggestion would be to change back B/C teams as non-playable reserve teams rather than affiliate clubs (except the infamous case of Lower Hutt/WP reserves :D) but it's mostly a personal preference (I find it easier to move and manage players between squads plus I like to hire staff for reserve teams :lol:)

Yeah, the implementation is not perfect. In the beginning I decided to make them playable, since they're a big part of the lower leagues (and in some cases the higher tiers (up to T2 - Capital Premier). And that could do for some fun challenges like managing the B/C team first, then step-up to the main team if an opportunity arises :)

I actually had no trouble moving players between squads and hire staff (although using the staff was somewhat limited). I even managed my B team personally - securing a double of sorts by clinching the National League Title with the First team and the Capital Premier with my B squad :D

Will consider it again for next year most likely, since it'll be a lot of work to make them non-affiliate reserve teams now.

Edited by limonezz

And here is the version of the DB, compatible with the 22.3 Winter Update.

Let me know if you run into any bugs. Enjoy :)

Known Issue: "Immersive Deadline Day" feature doesn't work. Tried everything - from changing the transfer window dates / duration and to splitting it to different rules for each tier, to changing teams status to professional and it won't trigger. I'm open to suggestions to fix that, but I fear that it might be either an editor bug or something hard-coded is preventing it from working.

New Zealand_v3.fmf

Legend! I wouldn't stress about the ''immersive deadline day'', I've played default leagues like Brazil and Canada and they don't have this feature. Maybe it's only available for european leagues? Anyway time to start a save in NRFL :D

There's a new option in the editor, that's supposed to enable it, but that does nothing in this DB... It's not a big deal, but still would've been better to have it in :D

2 hours ago, kandersson said:

Anyway time to start a save in NRFL :D

Hehe, have fun! Auckland teams were really giving me a hard time in my save :D

@limonezz a couple of slight format changes have been announced for 2022: Southern League will expand to 10 teams and Wellington Phoenix Reserves replace Lower Hutt as a 'regular' club in the Central League (no more affiliation madness!). Maybe something for FM23 :D

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2022_New_Zealand_National_League

Edited by kandersson

I read about the Southern League changes - think there'll be changes to the qualifications from Mainland/South Island leagues too. It'll be interesting to watch the 22 season unfold (hopefully without any covid implications this year).

The Wee Nix situation is interesting :) Is there any info what will happen to Lower Hutt? Will they play in Capital Premier?

By the time FM23 comes along, the 22 season will be almost over, so hopefully lots of solid info by then.

Maybe after the restructure FM will finally license the league now, so there's an "official" Oceania representative in the game *fingers crossed*.

• 4 weeks later...

Sneak peek to the National League kits I'm working on to go with the database (using the short sleeve template from sortitoutsi). Kits should be up-to-date with the ongoing 2022 season. Along with the graphic files I'm also preparing a small database update to fix the colors and patterns in the match engine - that will require a new save to work (need to load the file at the start).

image.thumb.png.694e1e9a00f626ee19006c7e1e5dcbb5.png

Currently I'm about halfway through, hopefully I can release them as a pack next week.

14 hours ago, limonezz said:

Sneak peek to the National League kits I'm working on to go with the database (using the short sleeve template from sortitoutsi). Kits should be up-to-date with the ongoing 2022 season. Along with the graphic files I'm also preparing a small database update to fix the colors and patterns in the match engine - that will require a new save to work (need to load the file at the start).

image.thumb.png.694e1e9a00f626ee19006c7e1e5dcbb5.png

Currently I'm about halfway through, hopefully I can release them as a pack next week.

love your work on the kits

The kits pack is now ready!

image.thumb.png.b3d2c033c08461771a5e6c6cdeffd7ae.png

It includes up-to-date kits for all teams in the New Zealand National League (Northern League, Central League and Southern League) for the 2021 season.

It also includes a color correction database file, to reflect the kit changes in the match engine (requires a new game to take effect).

To use, extract the zip archive into your graphics/kits folder and the fmf into your editor data folder (You may need to clear your cache and reload your skin to show the kits).

The teams on the pack were part of the 2021 season, but the kits are up-to-date - most are from the current 2022 season.

Let me know if you find any errors.

Enjoy!

New Zealand Kit Color Changes.fmf

New Zealand National League SS 2021.zip

Edited by limonezz

Updated the custom logos pack. I strongly suggest you get the Metallic Logos pack from sortitoutsi.net - https://sortitoutsi.net/graphics/style/3/metallic-logos

It already contains 95% of the competition and team logos in New Zealand.

My pack corrects some wrong logos (they're not much 12 in total, speaks of the quality of the metallic logos pack :) ), adds the missing ones in the original 22.4 database + adds the logos from the teams/comps added with the league file.

Logo IDs are consistent with 22.4 update.

To use, first install the Metallic logos pack from the link above - that's not required, but strongly recommended.

Then, unzip the new_zealand_logos.zip archive into your FM22 .\Settings\graphics\pictures\logos folder. Navigate to the newly created folder. Its contents look like this:
image.png.570560e53095a5bb60414a4ac06d621b.png

If you installed the Metallic Logos pack, copy the contents of the overwrite_in_base_metallic_pack folder (there are clubs and comps folders inside) and paste them in the .\Settings\graphics\pictures\logos\metallic logos\ folder to overwrite the wrong ones in the pack. 

When you open your game, clear the cache and reload your skin - that's it, now you should have all logos in New Zealand in place.

I've submitted my logos to the folks at sortitoutsi.net and hopefully they'll add them to the next version of their pack. That way next time you'll only need the logos for the newly added teams/comps, that are not present in the original SI database.

Below are just the newly added team logos. The rest are in the Metallic Logos pack.

image.thumb.png.a0e78b867404169a3e08fb69575dd1d2.png

The Chatham Cup preliminary round draw shows that even non-playable teams (those in even lower divisions) have their proper logos.

image.thumb.png.b41467476e074c814cdd798056ddb41a.png

new_zealand_logos.zip

Edited by limonezz

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...