Major Changes for FM22 Touch and Beyond Blog

Signed up just to add my name to the list of disappointed FMT players. Like many, I’ve sunk hundreds, maybe/probably thousands :0 of hours into CM and the various iterations of FM, but these days I really don’t have the time or inclination for the full fat version. FMT has been excellent, and FMT21 on my M1 iPad is simply the best version I’ve ever played for speed and portability. And I say that as someone who got totally hooked on two prior version on the switch… but after playing on iPad, there’s simply no way I could go back to that far inferior experience.  Xcloud is no substitute for a native app running smoothly.

Overall, I still thank the devs for the years of joy FM has given me, and I appreciate financial viability of certain versions and covid etc are all deciding factors in how the series moves forward, but, I will reluctantly stick with FMT21 this year and hope Touch makes a comeback next year.

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

On 28/10/2021 at 17:44, RTHerringbone said:

It's definitely slower. I'll have finished my first season in 23 hours. So that's slow, but not a crawl.

Wow, that's actually horrific for me. On FMT 21 I'd finish a season in about 8 hours. This is 3 times as much! Such a shame. :(

On 06/10/2021 at 17:59, MrManagerMan said:

I’m too old to understand what XBox gamepass and Microsoft cloud thingy are. I only understand the Steam store for my PC and the App Store for my iPad. I just want to be able to buy a game, download it and play. So I can by the XBox version and play it on a PC can I? 

I’ve just downloaded the exbox version as no longer on steam. It won’t let me play it without having a game pass of £10 a month. Why should I have to pay that just to play fm22. Once I’ve brought it I should be able to play it. Unless I’m doing something wrong ? Thanks 

• Administrators
On 10/11/2021 at 19:32, daggsy1 said:

I’ve just downloaded the exbox version as no longer on steam. It won’t let me play it without having a game pass of £10 a month. Why should I have to pay that just to play fm22. Once I’ve brought it I should be able to play it. Unless I’m doing something wrong ? Thanks 

You can play it through a Game Pass subscription, or you can buy it outright here - https://www.xbox.com/en-GB/games/store/football-manager-2022-xbox-edition/9p982vrdsv6g

Reading through these comments quickly I am of the same opinion, I don’t have the time or a decent enough PC to actually play the full version. I don’t want to buy a switch or Xbox just to play this. I play the Touch version as it is convenient for me as I have regular hospital stays due to illness, I have a family and a full time job so play when I get a chance, usually while waiting for the kids to finish the clubs they go too. 

I have noticed that the bugs section for Touch 21 is now closed, so i presume this means that you are not going to make any updates to fix the numerous bugs on that version that makes the game almost unplayable. I take it this is correct??

I have been holding out to play Touch 22 on the IPad in the hope that all the bugs of the previous version have been fixed and can actually enjoy a long term save. 

Really disappointed in this and unfortunately it looks like I won’t be playing any further FM games.

On 13/11/2021 at 22:22, Drof said:

Reading through these comments quickly I am of the same opinion, I don’t have the time or a decent enough PC to actually play the full version. I don’t want to buy a switch or Xbox just to play this. I play the Touch version as it is convenient for me as I have regular hospital stays due to illness, I have a family and a full time job so play when I get a chance, usually while waiting for the kids to finish the clubs they go too. 

I have noticed that the bugs section for Touch 21 is now closed, so i presume this means that you are not going to make any updates to fix the numerous bugs on that version that makes the game almost unplayable. I take it this is correct??

I have been holding out to play Touch 22 on the IPad in the hope that all the bugs of the previous version have been fixed and can actually enjoy a long term save. 

Really disappointed in this and unfortunately it looks like I won’t be playing any further FM games.

You can buy the xbox version and play it on PC,  also if your computer could play the touch version then it's likely it can also play the full version. 

1 minute ago, Henke25 said:

The full version of FM2022 is so slow that it takes a decade to complete a season. Even with all decisions delegated to staff. Wonder how it becomes in 2035? The speed slows down drastically I bet.

I delegated training, staff appointments and just concentrated on transfers and tactics. I’m at 16.5 hours with two games of the season left in L2. Somewhat of an experiment at this stage vs Xbox version on pc (or a return to FMT21…)

3 minutes ago, Henke25 said:

The full version of FM2022 is so slow that it takes a decade to complete a season. Even with all decisions delegated to staff. Wonder how it becomes in 2035? The speed slows down drastically I bet.

How many leagues do you have loaded and what detail level are they playing in?

22 minutes ago, Platinum said:

How many leagues do you have loaded and what detail level are they playing in?

I’m playing full detail England all leagues, Norwegian all leagues and spanish all leagues only viewable. Detail level lowest. I’m finding this much more of a time thief than FM2021 touch.

Hi,

I am playing FM 22 Touch on my NIntendo Switch Lite and I must confess that the gaming experience is not pleasant because the font/text size is too small, which makes it difficult to read and analyse the content, especially when there is a lot of text on the screen. Certain icons are also too small, which leads to wrong selections.

I wish I'd had the opportunity to know in advance that gaming on the Switch Lite's screen looks so bad... So bad that I sometimes find myself preferring to play the mobile version of FM 22 on my Iphone 13 Pro (which is much more limited game) than the Touch version of FM 22 on the Switch Lite.

I hope youcan somehow optimize the game to the Lite screen in upcoming patches/updates...

Thanks and keep up the good work.