The GD Clan

• Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply

OK, I've update my profile for MSN purposes, which will be the first time I've used it in about a year. I stopped using it, because it annoyed me when I got an MSN message every time I logged on to my computer. I use my computer for work as well, so I'm rarely in the mood for just a chat. If someone wants help with something, or has something specific, I'm always cool with that, but if someone just wants a chat, I can really be arsed for that.

Hope I don't sound too moody!! :D

OK, I've update my profile for MSN purposes, which will be the first time I've used it in about a year. I stopped using it, because it annoyed me when I got an MSN message every time I logged on to my computer. I use my computer for work as well, so I'm rarely in the mood for just a chat. If someone wants help with something, or has something specific, I'm always cool with that, but if someone just wants a chat, I can really be arsed for that.

no more moody than your average SI mod :D

So you don't want to join in the general "omg can't believe you signed him" banter?

Yeah, when I'm playing the online FM game, I'm up for the banter. But if I just log onto my computer I'm not necessarily going to be interested in general chit chat. I'm sounding like a right arse now! :D

Just hide offline like i do, you can still chat to people when you're showing offline ;)

I've just thought, I use Xfire (www.xfire.com), exclusively for my gaming.

It records how long you've played a game for and you can chat in-game with most games too (not DX10 yet tho), you can also set-up clans where you have a forum aswell iirc, which would also solve the OFT "problem". :D

Ooooh! \o/

Edit: I've used it myself. What does everyone else think?

I use xfire too, but I think we've settled on MSN - it's still pretty industry standard at the moment and no use getting other people to install another app :)

I used to swear by imageshack.us for image hosting, but it's gone totally pants now.

Yeh i used to use it a while ago but it's gone ridiculously slow and just keeps crashing

Right, so before I fully commit to all this, can someone give me an idea of timings and regularity of all this please? I've got a baby on the way in January, start a new role in my company on Monday, studying for my MCSE and going studying for my Project 2 course all at the moment! I'll always make room for gaming, but if I can't commit it won't be fair on you guys, unless it is possible for me to dip in and out without messing people around?

Congrats on the baby Gills, is this your first (if you dont mind answering of course!)?

I have 2 myself (5 and 18 months) so will be happy to administer joy for those sleepness nights :p

Yup - it's my first! And while we're on the congratulations, you can also congratulate me on passing my driving test today! :D

So it's all change for me at the moment!

So, does anyone have any ideas for the timings and that? I'm quite conscious that I don't want to mess anybody about.

Yup - it's my first! And while we're on the congratulations, you can also congratulate me on passing my driving test today! :D

So it's all change for me at the moment!

So, does anyone have any ideas for the timings and that? I'm quite conscious that I don't want to mess anybody about.

Congratulations on both the baby the the driving! A driving test is one thing i hope i never have to go through again lol.

As for timing, i'm pretty flexible so i'm good to fit around whenever other people can play

username celtic1967

with regard to playing times, usually evenings after 9.30 is best for me. That said if people are happy for Gills to join up and just dip in and out at his convenience then thats all good with me. I have a 1 year old so I know the score there.

I think we should use MSN as it's all been set up, but xfire would be good as a forum base at least.

Oh and I play BF2 as well, djwilko :D

Wow cool, come and play on my clans server sometime, the famous *Mine* clan, check out some of the video's on YouTube "MINE MINE MINE MINE" :D

Are we happy to proceed with 7 players? will we allow more to join after we have started or should we close registration. I'm happy either way but also thinking of guys like peter-evo etc who may want to play.

Send him a PM and ask him if he wants to join us :thup: Anyone else we should invite? Neji? Thinking off the top of my head, here...

Wow cool, come and play on my clans server sometime, the famous *Mine* clan, check out some of the video's on YouTube "MINE MINE MINE MINE" :D

Excellent, will do that. :D

Are we happy to proceed with 7 players? will we allow more to join after we have started or should we close registration. I'm happy either way but also thinking of guys like peter-evo etc who may want to play.

Yep I'm happy with that, i can imagine this will be quite a fluid thing with people drifting in and out as commitments allow them.

Have husbandly duties to settle down to for a few minutes before I get settled for the evening.

We'll discuss timings etc when everyones all up and running on MSN/Xfire and we're all chatting.

Don't worry about commitments Gill, if you can't make a session the Ai takes over and usually does better than humans anyway :p

Do I have to get something called Xfire? Anyone wanna tell me what I actually have to do?

I think we are using MSN for 'in-game' chat and Xfire as a forum, so I guess Xfire is optional. If you want to download it follow link earlier in thread

Archived