Reasons for Walking Away

Sandy Tait

• 2 weeks later...
7 hours ago, StewartAHannah said:

yip contract negotiations lack flexibility and involvement, all or nothing. Similarly if you delegate contract negotiations I would like an option to renegotiate change accept decline etc.  

Yes! Always frustrating when you delegate it, the terms are rejected, and then you have to wait for ages before you can have a go yourself. Result for me is that I just never delegate contracts!

Its time FM moved with the times and gave our staff a mobile phone. Then whom ever you delegate to can send you a txt and and ask for a yea or nay answer  or some guidance? But then they could also introduce video conference calls so we can conduct transfers whilst sat on some exotic beach whilst on holiday.  

• 2 weeks later...
On 29/08/2021 at 23:54, StewartAHannah said:

Its time FM moved with the times and gave our staff a mobile phone. Then whom ever you delegate to can send you a txt and and ask for a yea or nay answer  or some guidance? But then they could also introduce video conference calls so we can conduct transfers whilst sat on some exotic beach whilst on holiday.  

Oh I like the idea of, say, your DoF negotiating the contract but then forwarding the agreed terms to you for approval.

• 4 weeks later...
On 14/09/2021 at 03:51, Harper said:

Reminds me of a suggestion I made a while back.

Basically, I think there could be more "pre-negotiation" interaction to gauge what the player/agent is thinking.

Yes. To be honest, we already get that when doing a contract with players from outside the club ("ask agent about availability") - so I agree there's no reason we shouldn't have it when doing a contract with players who are already inside the club. In many cases should already have some kind of existing relationship with their agents from having done their previous deal.

5 hours ago, halfmanhalfgull said:

Yes. To be honest, we already get that when doing a contract with players from outside the club ("ask agent about availability") - so I agree there's no reason we shouldn't have it when doing a contract with players who are already inside the club. In many cases should already have some kind of existing relationship with their agents from having done their previous deal.

Yeah, notice I wrote that feature suggestion in May 2019. Asking the agent about a player’s availability was introduced in October 2020. It was probably already planned, but I like to think that my post turned into Issue #4362 in the backlog and is one of the arguments or examples of the long term vision for development of agent/player interaction.

• 1 month later...
  • SI Staff

Thanks for taking the time to raise this here. This is something which has already been flagged as a request within the community, so has already been documented and is part of our internal database of features for consideration. Like all features raised to us, it could end up rejected, or could after extensive design and development become a part of a future FM. :)