Sessions and training

A couple of questions. 

1. Does all three sessions equal in importance, so to speak, or are session 1 and 2 "proper" sessions while the extra session is just "a little extra". Like you'd schedule important things for session 1 and 2 and throw in some set pieces for extra. Or does it not matter at all - just overall intensity of that days practice that counts? 

2. How long does a sessions attribute focus last? What I mean is, how often do you need to schedule thing in order for it to count as progression? For example, quickness. Once a week, every other week or month?

3. Is scheduling double or triple sessions beneficial? Like if I play a possession based style to schedule 3 attacking patient sessions a week. 

59 minutes ago, bballernik said:

Does all three sessions equal in importance, so to speak, or are session 1 and 2 "proper" sessions while the extra session is just "a little extra". Like you'd schedule important things for session 1 and 2 and throw in some set pieces for extra. Or does it not matter at all - just overall intensity of that days practice that counts? 

All 3 sessions are equally important. 

1 hour ago, bballernik said:

How long does a sessions attribute focus last? What I mean is, how often do you need to schedule thing in order for it to count as progression? For example, quickness. Once a week, every other week or month?

Are you talking about individual player training (i.e. additional focus training) or team training sessions? In either case, there is no universal rule, because attribute progression depends on a number of factors and therefore can vary from player to player. Some players can develop attributes pretty quickly, while others may take months and months. 

1 hour ago, bballernik said:

Is scheduling double or triple sessions beneficial? Like if I play a possession based style to schedule 3 attacking patient sessions a week

Speaking from a purely logical perspective, I guess it should be beneficial. But I don't know how exactly that aspect of the game works under the hood, so I have to leave the answer to someone more knowledgeable (like @Rashidi for example) :thup:

13 hours ago, Experienced Defender said:

Are you talking about individual player training (i.e. additional focus training) or team training sessions? In either case, there is no universal rule, because attribute progression depends on a number of factors and therefore can vary from player to player. Some players can develop attributes pretty quickly, while others may take months and months

Well. I can't seem to find room for sessions like set pieces, quickness/resistance (in season, I don't think purely endurance makes sense in season), and all the various defence and technical sessions in between matches. 

Of course I get that I can't work on everything, but I guess my question ties to this - let's say I work on quickness, chance creation and defending wide one week then resistance, playing from the back and ground defence the week after. Would the team still benefit from the previous week's practice? Or throw in the odd "general" defending instead? 

2 hours ago, bballernik said:

Would the team still benefit from the previous week's practice?

Players benefit from all training sessions, and each session shows the list of attributes that are targeted as well as the aspects of tactical familiarity that are influenced.

2 hours ago, bballernik said:

Of course I get that I can't work on everything, but I guess my question ties to this - let's say I work on quickness, chance creation and defending wide one week then resistance, playing from the back and ground defence the week after. Would the team still benefit from the previous week's practice?

Not all sessions include actual match benefits, if that's what you're referring to. If you're looking for sessions that impact your next match, look for Upcoming Match benefits in their descriptions (Match Preparation, Set Piece and Team Bonding sessions).

On 12/06/2021 at 01:00, Experienced Defender said:

All 3 sessions are equally important. 

Are you talking about individual player training (i.e. additional focus training) or team training sessions? In either case, there is no universal rule, because attribute progression depends on a number of factors and therefore can vary from player to player. Some players can develop attributes pretty quickly, while others may take months and months. 

Speaking from a purely logical perspective, I guess it should be beneficial. But I don't know how exactly that aspect of the game works under the hood, so I have to leave the answer to someone more knowledgeable (like @Rashidi for example) :thup:

There isn't anything wrong with scheduling multiple sessions. Please note that multiple match prep sessions don't lead to cumulative match bonuses, however other sessions can have cumulative effects. 

So if you were to do attacking general sessions the whole week, then your boys spend time doing general training focused on those sessions and get a cumulative effect

If you were to multiple match prep sessions, the match bonuses do not accumulate.

11 hours ago, HanziZoloman said:

Looks very interesting! Have some questions though:

You didn’t implement the games (?) 

How are the players developing ?

thanks much!!

General trainings(S1) as well as other training groups(S2) are set on different days in each week, to make sure all training groups are covered between the matches in this 6 week period. I still do some minor changes according to the matches if I want to train something specific. Players are developing fine. The training regime is not heavy, so usually there are fewer injuries than normal.  I also use these training intensities which I think are important to the development: -click here-