No fixtyres for Second of third team in Bundesliga

Hello people can anyone help me, i took over hamburg after having managed bolton and my second and third teams dont have any fixtures to play so i cant develop any of my players.  I am into my second season after getting hamburg promoted.  Any help would be appreciated.

• SI Staff
1 hour ago, Freakiie said:

German secondary teams play lower down the league pyramid, so they won't have fixtures unless your second team manages to get promoted into an active league.

As @Freakiiesaid above, unless they get into an active league, no league fixtures will be arranged. 

7 hours ago, Freakiie said:

German secondary teams play lower down the league pyramid, so they won't have fixtures unless your second team manages to get promoted into an active league.

5 hours ago, Luke Hume said:

As @Freakiiesaid above, unless they get into an active league, no league fixtures will be arranged. 

Thanks for the replies, how do i go about getting them into an active league.  Thank you

1 hour ago, Flumpy_85 said:

Thanks for the replies, how do i go about getting them into an active league.  Thank you

Considering you're HSV, you probably don't. Basically what you'd need to do is load the 3. Liga (if you haven't done so yet) and then save reload just before the promotions are announced (not sure what the exact date is anymore, would have to check that yourself) and then you continue until HSV II ends up being promoted to the 3. Liga. Issue is, I have no idea what their rep is and whether they're even in a position where they can be promoted. Without an edited database for at least the 4th level it's pretty hard to get a second team into the league in Germany, unless you're one of the big names (and becoming a big name won't help as I don't think it influences second team reputation).

On 15/04/2021 at 22:54, Freakiie said:

Considering you're HSV, you probably don't. Basically what you'd need to do is load the 3. Liga (if you haven't done so yet) and then save reload just before the promotions are announced (not sure what the exact date is anymore, would have to check that yourself) and then you continue until HSV II ends up being promoted to the 3. Liga. Issue is, I have no idea what their rep is and whether they're even in a position where they can be promoted. Without an edited database for at least the 4th level it's pretty hard to get a second team into the league in Germany, unless you're one of the big names (and becoming a big name won't help as I don't think it influences second team reputation).

Ah thats annoying.  It seems totally pointless having a second or third team, what is their purpose if they dont even play games.

8 hours ago, Flumpy_85 said:

Ah thats annoying.  It seems totally pointless having a second or third team, what is their purpose if they dont even play games.

I checked the editor, HSV II are set to the 4th level (which you can't get without an edited database), but their reputation isn't that bad actually, so if you want to make that HSV save into a long term save I would suggest save reloading just before the day the game does promotions and get HSV II into the 3. Liga. Once they're in there it's great match experience for youngsters, as they're playing competitive matches, which are much better match experience than youth team/reserve league matches.

I managed Hertha earlier on in my current save and the second team plays in Regionalliga Nordost which is, of course, not an active league in the game. If you go to the second team's schedule it seems as if they only play a couple of friendlies at the beginning of the season. However, if you choose any of the second team players and then go to Reports>>Form you will see that the players actually play, or are available to play in a match,  every week.

• 2 weeks later...
On 17/04/2021 at 10:11, Freakiie said:

I checked the editor, HSV II are set to the 4th level (which you can't get without an edited database), but their reputation isn't that bad actually, so if you want to make that HSV save into a long term save I would suggest save reloading just before the day the game does promotions and get HSV II into the 3. Liga. Once they're in there it's great match experience for youngsters, as they're playing competitive matches, which are much better match experience than youth team/reserve league matches.

How do i go about doing this.  Thanks mate

16 minutes ago, Flumpy_85 said:

How do i go about doing this.  Thanks mate

So under Germany - Overview - Season Summary you will find a list of all the teams promoted/relegated and so on. The promotions from non league to the third division happen on a specific date and are random.

So at the end of your next season, just make regular saves and look at the season summary constantly, once it updates reload your latest save and then just reload a date before the season update and every time the season update date passes the newly promoted sides are rerolled. Just keep reloading until hopefully HSV II are promoted to the third division some point. It's a bit cheesy, but the only alternative is to completely restart and use an German lower league DB that gives you access to the 4th division.

1 hour ago, Freakiie said:

So under Germany - Overview - Season Summary you will find a list of all the teams promoted/relegated and so on. The promotions from non league to the third division happen on a specific date and are random.

So at the end of your next season, just make regular saves and look at the season summary constantly, once it updates reload your latest save and then just reload a date before the season update and every time the season update date passes the newly promoted sides are rerolled. Just keep reloading until hopefully HSV II are promoted to the third division some point. It's a bit cheesy, but the only alternative is to completely restart and use an German lower league DB that gives you access to the 4th division.

Thanks a lot mate for the tip and prompt reply, i appreciate it.

9 hours ago, Freakiie said:

8 hours ago, Flumpy_85 said:

Thanks a lot mate for the tip and prompt reply, i appreciate it.

Just a small clarification here, the teams get promoted to the 3rd tier is decided just after May 30th, but they're not visible until the season rollover June 20th. So if you want to reload, you have to save at May 30th and then continue as normal until June 20th and see what teams got selected for promotion. If you save on June 19th and continue 1 day, you will get the same teams each time.