Advanced Forward in a 4-3-3

I normally play a deep lying forward in a 433 but am finding most strikers I come across better suited to being an advanced forward, I’m always apprehensive about using one as a lone striker as I’m worried he would be isolated, but is there way of using one as part of a 433? 

1 hour ago, Matty99 said:

Here is my Tactic at the minute

The tactic looks pretty fine overall. Tweaks you may consider include things like dropping the LOE a notch (to standard, because the AF as a role works better when given more space) or/and switching the AF to PF on attack duty (which is the most similar type of role in terms of its general behavior, just with a bit deeper starting position) or/and switching from shorter to standard passing (because a bit more expansive passing style is more likely to benefit the lone AF than the short-passing game). You can also tinker with the normal tempo instead of higher, because the tempo of play can often make that decisive difference. 

P.S: Do not apply all these tweaks at once, but rather step by step.

@Matty99 AF can work fine in any tactic, as they will push the back line and force them to hold as they know they have someone trying to take advantage of any weakness and mistakes. What it means for your tactic is that the space for your IW and IF might be infront of the defence rather than in behind (i.e along the edge of the 18 yard box). However, if they are good at dribbling and/or long shots then they will certainly profit from the striker forcing the centre backs towards thier own goal. Clever movement from the AF will also mean that there is a possible through ball on for him.

With regards to your tactic it looks fine. If you want the AF involved earlier then push your passing back towards standard which means players will look out for him. Otherwise expect to see him a little isolated until your midfielders and wide players have caught up which may congest the space he needs to work with.

On 28/03/2021 at 13:10, Matty99 said:

I normally play a deep lying forward in a 433 but am finding most strikers I come across better suited to being an advanced forward

If you typically find that a DLF does the things that you want from a lone forward in a 4-3-3, why change that role to cater to one player out of the XI? 

Putting it another way: what does your usual DLF do that you feel Cavani/etc. could not do in that role?