Holiday Mode bug

And I used the Vacation mode and after simulating some games I wanted, I noticed that the machine changes tactics and uses the tactic that is my favorite in the coach's profile Even with the option to use current match tactics Selected, can someone help me

Edited by Seiya
Spelling error

• SI Staff

Hi both, thank you for your post on this issue. 

We have been unable to reproduce this issue internally, the Assistant is using the current tactics and squad when ensuring the tickboxes for both are selected. We have also tried ensuring the formation used for current tactics is different to the preferred formation shown on the managers profile.

Are you able to provide any additional information that may help us reproduce, such as the club you are currently managing, in game date, how many Tactic pre-sets you have, is the Assistant Manager the original AM or a new appointment, Is  this in a regular or online career. 

Any additional info would be greatly appreciated. 

• 2 weeks later...

I've had this issue for a few days now and it's annoying as heck. Trying a new tactic and I've been half the teams in the premier league. Everytime I holiday and set it to use match tactic the assistant always reverts back. It's really getting annoying now. I uninstalled the game and reinstalled it, and the first match I holidayed through used my tactic. But from the second match on it reverted to their own tactic. 

• Administrators

As Michael has said above, it's not something we've been able to reproduce internally, which means we're not in a position to investigate it any further. As he's asked, are you able to provide any additional information that may help us reproduce, such as the club you are currently managing, in game date, how many Tactic pre-sets you have, is the Assistant Manager the original AM or a new appointment, Is  this in a regular or online career. 

As much of that as possible would enable us to try and narrow down the cause of this.

Thanks. 

And I believe Tom already did that and you didn't respond to him. Personally I've been making new saves with only the prem loaded and beginning to holiday during friendlies and straight away the assistant chooses their own tactic. Nothing else loaded, no different assistant, just the prem loaded and they already change my tactics. I've uninstalled and reinstalled, and wiped all saved data. Nothing fixes it. But if you'd really like the full list here we go:

Club you are currently managing :

Bug occurs with arsenal, Manchester city, Elche, Leeds, essentially every team I use.

In game date :

Beginning of preseason, date makes no change with how the issue occurs however I have begun with quick start and therefore a regular preseason in the premier league. Issue happens straight away once you reach the first friendly.

How many Tactic pre-sets you have :

Is the Assistant Manager the original AM or a new appointment: 

The original, every time

Is  this in a regular or online career: 

Regular

Edited by SizeableTed
Added all information

1 hour ago, Neil Brock said:

As Michael has said above, it's not something we've been able to reproduce internally, which means we're not in a position to investigate it any further. As he's asked, are you able to provide any additional information that may help us reproduce, such as the club you are currently managing, in game date, how many Tactic pre-sets you have, is the Assistant Manager the original AM or a new appointment, Is  this in a regular or online career. 

As much of that as possible would enable us to try and narrow down the cause of this.

Thanks. 

I think I have some information that might help. When I play the game up until it's time to submit squad and proceed to the match, then holiday for one single day instead, it will use my tactic. When I holiday indefinitely over multiple matches in a row to essentially simulate a season, it will not. 

Therefore I tested further, playing as Arsenal I reached the game against Liverpool, instead of playing the match, I holidayed indefinitely covering about 8 days of in game time. The first match (Liverpool) we used my tactic and not the assistants preference. The second match a few days later was against AZ, for this game we used my assistant managers preference rather than my selected tactic. Therefore I feel the glitch lies somewhere here. 

Edited by SizeableTed

• Administrators
19 hours ago, SizeableTed said:

I think I have some information that might help. When I play the game up until it's time to submit squad and proceed to the match, then holiday for one single day instead, it will use my tactic. When I holiday indefinitely over multiple matches in a row to essentially simulate a season, it will not. 

Therefore I tested further, playing as Arsenal I reached the game against Liverpool, instead of playing the match, I holidayed indefinitely covering about 8 days of in game time. The first match (Liverpool) we used my tactic and not the assistants preference. The second match a few days later was against AZ, for this game we used my assistant managers preference rather than my selected tactic. Therefore I feel the glitch lies somewhere here. 

Thanks for this extra info, our QA team are investigating :thup: 

5 hours ago, Neil Brock said:

Thanks for this extra info, our QA team are investigating :thup: 

Also when playing the game, my reserves team don't use my tactic in matches even though it's set as their current tactic in the reserves screen. Not sure if this bug is similar to the main one we're discussing. 

• Administrators
11 minutes ago, SizeableTed said:

Also when playing the game, my reserves team don't use my tactic in matches even though it's set as their current tactic in the reserves screen. Not sure if this bug is similar to the main one we're discussing. 

May be related, we'll have to check it out. Again appreciate you raising it here. 

• 4 weeks later...
On 14/04/2021 at 17:45, Neil Brock said:

May be related, we'll have to check it out. Again appreciate you raising it here. 

Look guys are you actually gonna get this sorted or not? It's been over a month since I reported it, and over multiple months since other people have. The next game will be out by the time you get your fingers out and sort it!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...