Can I use the in-game editor in my current save if I buy it now?

I was thinking of purchasing the in-game editor, but I don't want to start a new save just to use it, in my game status it indeed says in-game editor allowed but I'm not sure if you need to own it before starting your save.

Edited by RealSmokePL
typo

1 minute ago, RealSmokePL said:

I was thinking of purchasing the in-game editor, but I don't want to start a new save just to use it, in my game status it indeed says in-game editor allowed but I'm not sure if you need to own it before starting your save.

You can add it anytime 

• RealSmokePL changed the title to Can I use the in-game editor in my current save if I buy it now?
  • 1 month later...
  • SI Staff
8 minutes ago, BigTDubz said:

I’ve paid for in game editor, then I’ve tried to start a new save and it’s gone? 

Is it a one time purchase? 

Yeah it should be. Try remove your cache and preferences as seen here --> https://support.sega.co.uk/hc/en-gb/articles/360015199257-How-to-remove-my-Preferences-and-or-Caches-Folder#text 

• 2 weeks later...

When you start a new game there's a box that can be ticked to prevent the editor from being used in the game. Also, in the preferences there's a tick box allowing you to choose whether or not to show the editor in the menu bar

• 1 year later...