FM21 - Manchester City

Hello Everyone

Just looking through the good teams thread and the careers thread.....has no one done a Manchester City save? seen lots on Arsenal, Chelsea, Man Utd and Liverpool, would have thought there would be lots of discussion on Man City but doesn't seem to be.

Hows everyone getting on if managing them?

• 2 weeks later...

ı started with them to make a good team career but not gettıng results,not playın fluıd game ı score on heavily with set pieces(couldnt score any penalties 0 out of 4.team ıs already very good but we all know premıer league is the most competetive and ı believe not piece of cake.This year under 23 and 18 looks very very good also.ım open to tactic advice with city

2 hours ago, dido53 said:

ı started with them to make a good team career but not gettıng results,not playın fluıd game ı score on heavily with set pieces(couldnt score any penalties 0 out of 4.team ıs already very good but we all know premıer league is the most competetive and ı believe not piece of cake.This year under 23 and 18 looks very very good also.ım open to tactic advice with city

Post your tactic mate, a few tweaks im sure youll be winning :)

14 saat önce, FMunderachiever said:

Post your tactic mate, a few tweaks im sure youll be winning :)

thank u for answer :)  ı play lıke this low tempo is ı dont know but never get me good results.ım open to advice.ı win the games but on counter or set pieces mostly image.thumb.png.c574de80f9e89b648d835ce964bb8b77.png

On 14/01/2021 at 12:50, dido53 said:

thank u for answer :)  ı play lıke this low tempo is ı dont know but never get me good results.ım open to advice.ı win the games but on counter or set pieces mostly image.thumb.png.c574de80f9e89b648d835ce964bb8b77.png

I'd say you're probably too conservative with your midfield, and I would try changing Rodri to your DLP, to dictate your play higher up the pitch, and make the left of your two midfielders an AP or RPM. If you're on a lower tempo I would always want more than one playmaker in the middle of the park.

You could also consider making your RB an attacking WB to provide further options for a pass higher up the field. 

Last suggestion for players is to potentially try your striker as a CF or F9 so he is more involved in the game.

I play as Spurs and start every game with an attacking mentality. Your team is so good, you should be looking to dominate teams for 90 minutes 😉

Let me know if you have any thoughts 👍✌️

1 saat önce, Harrold said:

I'd say you're probably too conservative with your midfield, and I would try changing Rodri to your DLP, to dictate your play higher up the pitch, and make the left of your two midfielders an AP or RPM. If you're on a lower tempo I would always want more than one playmaker in the middle of the park.

You could also consider making your RB an attacking WB to provide further options for a pass higher up the field. 

Last suggestion for players is to potentially try your striker as a CF or F9 so he is more involved in the game.

I play as Spurs and start every game with an attacking mentality. Your team is so good, you should be looking to dominate teams for 90 minutes 😉

Let me know if you have any thoughts 👍✌️

thank you very much for your advice i will try these

For some reason this year I really fancied a City save as my first real long-term save.

I'm not sure if anyone else has had this before, but after getting rid of the aging players and deadwood, I attempted to approach Mbappe and got the option of speaking to the board (100% of the times I've done this before the answer has been no).

Anyway, they accepted and the deal was done pretty quickly. May be worth others here giving it a go - left me with no budget mind :lol:

after some advices from here my second save with city goıng pretty well :) and this year really good academy players also with potentıal.

this is my main tactic(bernardo plays at right mostly de bruyne as mezzela but at rotatıon ı use mahrez).I try to play braaf doyle knıght delap as much as ı can

image.thumb.png.ddc019bcaff30088d57f9a6cb35e61a5.png

• 2 weeks later...
On 22/01/2021 at 12:23, dido53 said:

after some advices from here my second save with city goıng pretty well :) and this year really good academy players also with potentıal.

this is my main tactic(bernardo plays at right mostly de bruyne as mezzela but at rotatıon ı use mahrez).I try to play braaf doyle knıght delap as much as ı can

image.thumb.png.ddc019bcaff30088d57f9a6cb35e61a5.png

Would use KDB in that mezzala spot tho, he scores and spread assists for fun in that role.

Just now, krisdonna said:

Would use KDB in that mezzala spot tho, he scores and spread assists for fun in that role.

ı play hım mostly there sometımes ı use mahrez at rıght and sılva as mezzala so kdb is dlp :)