Player Nicknames

When I start with a new team I have little or no knowledge of I like to use the nickname function to add the players best position and if they are first, second or third choice in that position. So my best striker would have ST1 after his name.

In pervious FMs when you clicked on Set Nickname a text box would appear with the players name already in it, but in FM21 it gives you an empty text box, Which makes my system a lot more time consuming.

I also just noticed that when you want to edit a nickname it is also empty, so you're really not editing anything but starting again.

Is this a mistake and made by design? Anyone else have this problem? 

• 2 weeks later...

I'd also request if setting nicknames would revert to fm20 style with full name remaining, it' was very useful to just add asterisk to top youth prospects name in your team and I always took cca 15 minutes to add asterisk  to 100 top world newgens too in player search every couple years game time , so I'd know who new top players were. Or when you across top players in the opposition team.

Edited by The Threadstarter

• 2 weeks later...
On 06/12/2020 at 03:04, Gizzy said:

When I start with a new team I have little or no knowledge of I like to use the nickname function to add the players best position and if they are first, second or third choice in that position. So my best striker would have ST1 after his name.

Glad to see someone else who does this to keep track of best position and quality. I also add an asterisk or two to denote "Home grown at club" and Home grown in country" so I don't lend out or sell off all my home-grown players. And yes, having the box wipe out is a hassle.