FM21 Crashing a lot unsure why

I have logged a ticket with SI for this in the crashes section, but wondered if anyone had anything I could try in the meantime or if anyone else has had this problem. (I have tried everything in the FAQ and troubleshooting sections e.g. deleting cache, graphics etc.)

Basically my game is crashing consistently or taking 10 minutes to load things. For example I can click continue or on a player to go to their profile and the game freezes sometimes for 10ish minutes before working but then repeating later, sometimes indefinitely until i have to go to task manager and end task to close down the game. When viewing on task manager it shows as 'staging' (No idea what this means) if that is relevant?

The game has been running completely fine until this point and this issue happens on every save I've tried. My laptop is also brand new and is more than capable of running games far more intensive than Football Manager.

23 minutes ago, FrazT said:

If you have tried all the trouble shooting tips and raised a support ticket you have done all that anyone else could suggest, I suspect.  Have you installed any third party graphics at all and if so, have you tried the game without them?

I thought I had deleted the graphics but hadn't got them all, seems to be running a bit better after a quick test after deleting. 

Is there a reason why the graphics would effect the game this way? I've had them on for the two full seasons I'd got through so far with no issues at all. Just curious as I'm not massively knowledgeable when it comes to this sort of thing

23 minutes ago, greenz81 said:

whats your full system spec? OS, CPU, RAM, is it overclocked etc? How many leagues loaded & players?

Away from my laptop at the minute, but it's above all the recommended specs and runs games likes Pro Evo easily

I have thw top two leagues from 5 nations I think so not too many, maybe 35000ish players. Estimated game speed was 4 stars I think when I started my save. My old laptop would only be half a star on the same size and ran very slowly but never had this crashing issue on older fm's

Clearly SI cannot test the game for stability with all possible combinations of graphics mods that are created, so it can be a a chance that some small adjustment to optimisation in an update can throw off the balance that is required with outside graphics.  You could try adding the graphics back one at a time and test the stability that way till you can identify the possible issue.

7 minutes ago, anderson36015 said:

I thought I had deleted the graphics but hadn't got them all, seems to be running a bit better after a quick test after deleting. 

Is there a reason why the graphics would effect the game this way? I've had them on for the two full seasons I'd got through so far with no issues at all. Just curious as I'm not massively knowledgeable when it comes to this sort of thing

Away from my laptop at the minute, but it's above all the recommended specs and runs games likes Pro Evo easily

I have thw top two leagues from 5 nations I think so not too many, maybe 35000ish players. Estimated game speed was 4 stars I think when I started my save. My old laptop would only be half a star on the same size and ran very slowly but never had this crashing issue on older fm's

Some skins and graphics have not updated for newest patch. I had had the same crashing problem after newest update, until I checked and downloaded the latest version of my favorite skin.

I've had one crash today which some people may want to be aware of. Going into a league match, I registered a new player. I brought him on as a 70th minute sub. In the next highlight he touched the ball and my game immediately crashed. 

i usually register players at an earlier point in time and never have a problem. Won't be taking the risk at the Confirm Selection stage again in a hurry.