Transfer/Loan Negotiations are Broken: Immediate Withdraw

There's no negotiation per se. A club comes to me with an offer to buy or loan my player, I make a minor tweak in for a counter-proposal, and, BAM, the club says no agreement can be achieved and withdraws. That's not very realistic at all.  (It has been happening since FM19, and Loki Doki also noticed this flaw in his videos). Thanks.

• SI Staff

There were a number of changes made to loan negotiations this version to prevent this sort of scenario. 

So if you have a save game just before the loan offer is made then please upload a save to our cloud service and we will take a look. 

Details on how to upload can be found below. 

Cheers,

Ben 

@Ben Kenney - Thanks for your response. I just uploaded the file "Tony DAndrea - Vilafranquense" onto your SI platform, so you can investigate the transfer/loan contract issue.

The immediate withdrawal happens in every negotiation I make a counter-offer tweak. My save is right on the transfer deadline day in Portugal, so you'll have plenty of opportunities.

Regards.

Edited by phd_angel

Another related problem: the board blocked my trying to sell a bad goalkeeper for US$ 150,000. His market value is only US$ 500,000. However, the Board believes we should get US$ 77 million for  him!! See below. This is unbelievable... Can you please take a look on this issues as well? 

image.png.de8ff6eac4e96311a19dc4ab47b95714.png

• 2 months later...
On 11/12/2020 at 21:38, Sir David Moyes said:

Also, Every loan enquiry I make, the club demand salary paid in full and a substantial loan fee.

When I get loan offers, the clubs will not offer more than 50% of wages and tiny loan fees of less than £10k per month and immediately withdraw the bid if I try to negotiate

I have reported this to SI, sadly I have not gotten a conclusive answer

Hello, this is my first post in the forum :D,

so basically since the first winter update was released yesterday I can't negotiate contracts with players properly anymore whether it's a contract extension or a new signing.

The problem is the following: When I start negotiations with a player I cannot negotiate his demanded salary down anymore. For example he demands 4 Million Euros per year. Then I offer 3 million and the player still demands 4 (usually he should've lowered his demand.) Then in the next step I raise my offer to 3.25 Million, press the "negotiate" button yet the game just accepts the player's demand of 4 Million. So basically there is no negotiation happening anymore. 

The described problem happened in my old save (database 2111) I started in November as well as in a newly created save with the new database 2130.

I hope this issue can get fixed soon.

Kind regards.

49 minutes ago, Julius Flusfeder said:

Hi @The Dominator

Thanks for taking the time to post (and welcome to the forum!). Would you possibly be able to upload your save game to our cloud so we can try and reproduce the issue?

A guide on how to do that can be found here - 

Cheers,

Julius

Sure, I've just uploaded my save "1860 München (DB 2111) Forum", I hope it worked.

• SI Staff

Hey @The Dominator

Thanks for the save. I haven't been able to reproduce the issue you mention. I offered contracts to Altay Bayindir and Natalino Fernandes successfully getting them to agree to wages below what they initially requested.

Tried it with some of the players in your squad already - Richard Konig agreed to £3k pw contract, Alex Mac Allistar agreed to £50k pw. 

Would you be able to talk me through the specific players? Or how you go about offering them a contract, i.e. step by step. Thanks so much

Julius

15 minutes ago, Julius Flusfeder said:

Hey @The Dominator

Thanks for the save. I haven't been able to reproduce the issue you mention. I offered contracts to Altay Bayindir and Natalino Fernandes successfully getting them to agree to wages below what they initially requested.

Tried it with some of the players in your squad already - Richard Konig agreed to £3k pw contract, Alex Mac Allistar agreed to £50k pw. 

Would you be able to talk me through the specific players? Or how you go about offering them a contract, i.e. step by step. Thanks so much

Julius

Hey Julius, cheers for the quick check,

I changed the format to the one you're using (wage per week) to double-check and tried it out with König and Mac Allister. Indeed I've been able to lower their requested wages through the negotiation progress like usually. It also works with the "wage per month"-format. 

My problem still occurs in the format I'm using "wage per year" with both Euro and Pound Sterling, so it doesn't seem like it's the matter of currency but the format of wage visualisation format you use.

Kind regards, Dom

Exactly the same Issue here. I'cant negotiate salaries when salaries are displayed annually or monthly. 

There's no negotiate button only accept contract.

It's only working when u set the salaries to weekly.

Tried this with a dozend different players and staff members.

41 minutes ago, Julius Flusfeder said:

Thanks for the extra info Dom. Which players is this reproducing for you when wage is per annum? As afraid I still can't reproduce the issue you describe. 

I get König to agree to £151k p/a. Sorry for all the back and forth :)

No problem. So okay let's say Mac Allister, with his request changing nothing but the normal wage, it works as it's used to be. But when I permanently exclude the release clause and the wage increase after five international games, I offer 3 Mio € p/a, he requests 4.59 Mio € p/a, I offer 3.5 or 4 Mio € p/a with the "negotiate" button, but the game just accepts his 4.59 Mio € p/a request.

I usually do exclude the release clauses and wage increase after games. I hope it will let you reproduce the issue now, sorry I haven't mentioned that earlier.

But changing the format to p/w and p/m it works as it's used to be with removing these requests so it's a bit strange.

Edited by The Dominator

• SI Staff

Hi all, 

So the source of the issue is that after manually inputting a value, in this instance the wage of a player, you need to then select Enter for the dropdown to disappear and the change in proposed wage to go through. If you do this, the change should register and [Suggest terms] should appear rather than [Finalise deal]. It won't matter what format is being used.

I've passed on to our dev team to investigate but in the meantime, either selecting enter after manually writing in a wage value or using the '-' '+' '^' icons to change the wage value will mean that negotiations go logically and you don't encounter this issue.

Hope that helps and let me know if you have any more questions. 

Thanks,

Julius