The "Full match" UI is pure madness.

erfocacciaro

Guys, I really appreciated the new UI, you did a great job, but it looks working well just with the "match highlights" modality.

This is what happens when you're trying to read some stats while watching the entire match... Until the ball is under the tab, You can't literally see anything and this becomes frustrating because it's clear that I opened the touchline tablet for reading some informations or analytics. Please, reverts it as it was during the beta; Now we have the same problem of the old widgets but in giant size.

Moreover, the lack of dugout menù is a problem too. You can't have access to the list of your second's suggestions.

20201124043525_1.thumb.jpg.b570fd6cebd5edd668a87eaa67c67743.jpg

Edited by erfocacciaro

• SI Staff

It goes transparent here so that you don't have it obscure the action. You can resize the width of it so it takes up less space and is less likely to be made transparent. I can see how in this case it's frustrating, but we feel it's the lesser of two evils to have it like this - you can have it open during highlights to read while the ball is elsewhere, and not have it block the action when it takes place there.

The dugout advice pop-ups will still appear in the bottom left when they are generated, but I do appreciate the point that you can't get back to view what's been sent through if you miss that. It's something we'll raise with the design team as feedback.

This!  It was perfectly fine during Beta.  This is now completely unusable.  You cant even see the tablet even if the game is paused!  How is this meant to be used??   Are we meant only look at the tablet if the ball is on the left hand side?  Please, this really needs to be looked at.  At least add an option?

3 hours ago, Jack Deal said:

It goes transparent here so that you don't have it obscure the action. You can resize the width of it so it takes up less space and is less likely to be made transparent. I can see how in this case it's frustrating, but we feel it's the lesser of two evils to have it like this - you can have it open during highlights to read while the ball is elsewhere, and not have it block the action when it takes place there.

The dugout advice pop-ups will still appear in the bottom left when they are generated, but I do appreciate the point that you can't get back to view what's been sent through if you miss that. It's something we'll raise with the design team as feedback.

Hi Jack, thanks for your reply.
I understand your point, it has sense, and I'm pretty sure that your team takes choices only after accurate evaluations. In my opinion, this is the exact kind of situation where the coin has 2 sides, both equally true; I don't see any point in choosing one rather than the other. Why should we when we can have both?

The touchline tablet is a great idea, a big step ahead from the "widgets inside a folder", and I like its concept because it provides all the needed information in a smart, elegant, and well-ordered way.
The only cons, as you said, is its size that covers half of the pitch, potentially concealing the action and disturbing the view.

But it's equally true that when I open a "stats and tabs" folder it's because I want to look at these tabs; in that very moment, my attention, my priority goes to gathering the information I need rather than watching what's happening on the pitch.
Moreover, there are situations where this becomes impossible, or if not impossible, pretty uncomfortable.

A good example is when my team is closing the opponents on their side of the pitch but I'm still unable to score(or vice versa). That is the exact kind of situation where I need the info but I can't get them immediately or easily.

As you said, I can choose the width of this tool, another smart feature, but when I go to reduce its size, I'm also depowering its efficiency as a smart tool.

In conclusion, by Just adding a trigger [transparent/opaque] inside the touchline tablet, we can archive both goals: Max visive quality and a very smart way to get the info when necessary. It's a win-win situation.

Yes, i know, this post has been a painful experience; you're a brave man.

5 hours ago, Jack Deal said:

With the given thoughts and logic behind the team talks screen the dugout and access to stats are not following the same thoughts and logic.
It's almost the same issue with the dugout in comprehensive highlights. The advice given pops up between highlights and disappears too quickly.
The additional bottom left hand advice can come up so very much later that it can be, at times, redundant advice. And it doesn't always pop up.

FM20 - I take a look at my bench = One click and it's all there. All the subs are there.
FM21 - I take a look at my bench = I see the teamsheet of my first XI. One click (whipping my head around) i see the subs. Click again to see the teamsheet. I can't have both in front of me at the same time, as i would have in a real game.

FM20 - Assistant, analyst gives me advice = Simple popup that comes straight away, as in, they come to me or i come to them and talk to them.
FM21 - Assistant, analyst gives me advice = Here's something you should do.....too late! I'll give it a shout as soon as i think nothing will happen, but you better be quick.....or i'll scream from behind you 20 minutes later.

FM20 - Wanting to take a look at registered stats = It's all there as a widget or a simple click. My staff is helping me out.
FM21 - Wanting to take a look at registered stats = Take a look at this smudged Ipad, or, can you see the numbers from where i'm sitting and you're standing out there in the technical area? I'll come to you to show you properly when nothing's going on.      Whoops! Something is happening, i'll sit down again and scream the numbers to you. My staff tries to help me out in a non-helpful way.

The manager is there with his team. He should have easy access to it at all times during the game.
The way it is now is that the manager is completely detached from his team having to do workarounds to get information that should be readily available.
I'm using the logic behind the team talk screen on the match UI when comprehensive highlights and full match is chosen.

The idea behind it isn't a bad one but the implementation is terrible.
I completely ignore the in-between highlights dugout popup as it disappears as soon as it's up there again.
Not having access to the very dugout i, as a manager, am in myself is baffling.
Bringing up the pad during highlights provides the result shown here. You can't see a thing. Adjusting the size is futile as it resets the next time it's brought up again.
If i choose to bring the pad up during highlights i expect to see what's on there. I ignore the action by choice. That choice shouldn't be taken for me.
That is with the way it is designed now. And that design is also a bad one. I shouldn't have to choose at all.
FM20 did all that in a non-intrusive way very smoothly.

Match UI is brilliant for watching the game and for simple, quick actions.
When it comes to dugout advice, stats and in-game analysis it is absolutely useless when using comprehensive highlights (unless nothing is happening in the match) and full match.

Edited by roykela

Perhaps something that can be done to satisfy both worlds --- (I too watch my matches in full mode, and while I suggested transparency of the tablet in the beta, this wasn't quite what I imagined :)  ) --- Add a tick-box in the corner for transparency --- when we want to view the tablet w/o it fading out we can tick that box for as long as it takes for us to get our info, then untick it and have the transparency that is much better (better than opening/closing the data tablet every few minutes at least :) )

edit:  And for advice pop-ups in full match mode --- please make them persist just a bit longer --- I often miss them.  Then, I have to go to a highlight mode (which is kind of counter to my play-style :P) just to look at the dugout to see what I missed.

Perhaps add the advice to the huge empty notable events window at the bottom?  With perhaps the latest advice showing, and arrows to cycle thru any previous advice popups?

Edited by G_D_K

Yeah I am not the biggest fan of the transparency. If the ball has gone out for a corner or or a goal kick we have to wait for the ball to be on the other side of the screen to view the tablet. I would like the fade toggle button, or even if it was not faded when the match is paused.

The table itself is a great addition.

Edit - probably useful if I mention I use the sideline camera...might not be as big an issue with other camera angles

Edited by professor_rob

https://steamuserimages-a.akamaihd.net/ugc/1655598926700846583/FF92D1F73287DD80CDDA1F5711B0B96218190EA4/

I could be quite happy with this setup, but there are stil some minor issues. In this view I cant use shouts or instructions and in the visualiser widget I cant see the action zones. I have to click on that arrow down to go to just three widgets to get those buttons.

And after every change in tactis the screen goes into this state: https://steamuserimages-a.akamaihd.net/ugc/1655598926700860713/0275D4D3FD412C5A17D372721D28BFF1D1730E80/ so I have to widen the right area again and again. It is so annoying so many clicks to get simple stuff we were use to.

Edited by Oliver Roland

I also am very annoyed about the transparency of the tablet! It made sense in FM20 because the widgets were always there and sometimes over the action but mostly on the sides. But with the tablet I choose to take it out and watch it... like real life manager. Tablets arent see-trough! If a manager chooses to watch the tablet he chooses to take his eyes off the game for second or two. Watch the point of the tablet if I can only see it when the game is on the other half (it takes half the pitch)?! The tactic screen isn transparent eventhought the match continues in the background. Why should the tablet be?

Edited by Tuoppi

21 hours ago, G_D_K said:

edit:  And for advice pop-ups in full match mode --- please make them persist just a bit longer --- I often miss them.  Then, I have to go to a highlight mode (which is kind of counter to my play-style :P) just to look at the dugout to see what I missed.

Perhaps add the advice to the huge empty notable events window at the bottom?  With perhaps the latest advice showing, and arrows to cycle thru any previous advice popups?

Yes, i was thinking the same.
Something like this should work ok, functional and very space saving. -A click to display the dugout advices list and another to go back to the notable events-.Prova_20201125163706_1.thumb.jpg.b118ec59ddcf0a9fec94c9776a9b8f09.jpg

Edited by erfocacciaro

Do we really need a full screen pitch?????  In the days of a widescreen monitor, you could easily have a bar occupying 20% of one side which was customizable for user data, like stats, analysis, etc.  basically make the pitch window not go under the info bar.  You could even have a docking tab that resizes the pitch view to full screen when you hide the tab, 

The big problem with the development trend is they only develop for people who play on key highlights. I play comprehensive highlights, and so the in-between highlights tab is useless for me as it flashes up for 5 seconds at a time. (i have turned it off).

Now I am forced to play the game with a full frontal lobotomy.  This has totally ruined the game for me and my enjoyment level in FM 21 has been about 10% of the enjoyment of past editions.

On 24/11/2020 at 02:54, Jack Deal said:

Right now the transparency is really high making it hard to read for some managers. I understand the reason why but wonder if there is any option to lower the transparency at the will of the manager? Some of us have better eyes than others so being able to customize the transparency would help a lot I believe.