Custom Leagues not starting until 2021

Digijustin

I have a custom USA db that I brought over from FM20 and got it to verify but when I test it, none of the leagues are starting until August 2021. So the teams just play some friendlies. Cup matches are the same. I edited the dates of the leagues from the 2018-2019 to 2019-2020 and then 2020-2021 but all do the same thing and start leagues in August 2021. 

Is this a COVID thing or why is this happening? And you can see the current date as well as the competition start date here:

image.thumb.png.445b8c77d7625cebd0db332abb1d1edc.png

I just tested something else with this. I created from scratch new USA competitions that start in June 2020 and when I went into the game, they were not starting until 2021. 

I then did the same thing with England and its matches started 2020. 

Is there something in USA where it's forcing a start of 2021?

On 24/11/2020 at 18:04, Freddie Sands said:

Hi there, you are correct that this is hardcoded in currently - however this should in theory not apply to edit files so I have logged a bug for this to be changed. Thanks for raising this.

This is affecting me as well, is there any timeline on when we could expect this fixed?

Edited by Hesht

On 24/11/2020 at 11:04, Freddie Sands said:

Hi there, you are correct that this is hardcoded in currently - however this should in theory not apply to edit files so I have logged a bug for this to be changed. Thanks for raising this.

Hey @Freddie Sands is there any update on this? I know you have other issues and as fellow developer, I know you pain. But any idea on an ETA on this? I'm waiting on this fix to release this DB and start my YT series.

Hi all,

Just  to add to this thread, experiencing these same issues on an updated Ireland db that I created. 

@A_Sober_Paddy posted a thread in the editors hideaway. 

Has @Freddie Sands got an update. There does appear to be a common thread in that it’s leagues which run through winter. 

I hope there’s a fix in the works 

3 minutes ago, davidfarrelkk said:

Hi all,

Just  to add to this thread, experiencing these same issues on an updated Ireland db that I created. 

@A_Sober_Paddy posted a thread in the editors hideaway. 

Has @Freddie Sands got an update. There does appear to be a common thread in that it’s leagues which run through winter. 

I hope there’s a fix in the works 

Yeah it's been radio silence since Nov 24th here. I'm having a lot of people ask about my DB and I have to tell them I can't release it yet. It's frustrating as they are updating the in-game editor every few days but this one had the one update and didn't do anything about this. 

Any update? we understand there is loads to do but the silence is the most frustrating thing

Hi @Freddie Sands. regarding to the USA.

Is there anyway to also remove for Edit files, the hardcoding the doesn't allow non-USA teams from qualifying any continental teams? I found workaround on my merger of USA and Canada Fictional teams in the same league system in nation USA, but without a workaround, the Canadian teams can't qualify for continental competitions.

55 minutes ago, Digijustin said:

And it's a custom league as well? I tested this with a few countries a couple of weeks ago and anything custom just starts 2021 regardless

Yeah, custom league. Even if, I change season start date to original it still starts on 2021.