Important matches

I hired a CF for my team that didn't have this negative hidden attribute. He played 1 season and was the best scorer, including in important matches, but this season this hidden attribute is negative for him for no reason, and he remains important
You may say that some older player may be influencing, but not, I don't have any other players who "don't like important matches"

Could someone explain me better about this variable?

6 hours ago, Nick_CB said:

I hired a CF for my team that didn't have this negative hidden attribute. He played 1 season and was the best scorer, including in important matches, but this season this hidden attribute is negative for him for no reason, and he remains important
You may say that some older player may be influencing, but not, I don't have any other players who "don't like important matches"

Could someone explain me better about this variable?

How old was/is the player?

A reason it wouldn't show in the report is because it's in the mid-range and so it may have declined enough to now be considered a negative.

So, how has he done in the bigger matches? You mentioned that he did score in some of them. Were there any that you would consider a big match where he had poor performances?

5 horas atrás, HUNT3R disse:

How old was/is the player?

A reason it wouldn't show in the report is because it's in the mid-range and so it may have declined enough to now be considered a negative.

So, how has he done in the bigger matches? You mentioned that he did score in some of them. Were there any that you would consider a big match where he had poor performances?

22 years. He is always a consistent player, even he has this hidden attribute. What intrigues me is that I decided to do some tests in the editor with 6 different players and 6 different attribute levels. 3 showed the hidden attribute in the report, in the others not

In the test I increased capacity and potential(player and staff) so there's no margin for error 

28 minutes ago, Nick_CB said:

22 years

ED did tag Seb, so maybe Seb can weigh in on this, but the reason I asked about his age is because I think that you may not have known that his Important Matches attribute is low because of his age. It shows up after a certain age, which I think is after 21, so that's why at 22 yo, you're now seeing it.

Digging around, these (see below) tests were done and confirms my suspicion, though it was in 2017.

So it's likely that it's always been low, but it wouldn't surprise me if it's higher now than when he started because of his good performances for you.

3 minutos atrás, HUNT3R disse:

ED did tag Seb, so maybe Seb can weigh in on this, but the reason I asked about his age is because I think that you may not have known that his Important Matches attribute is low because of his age. It shows up after a certain age, which I think is after 21, so that's why at 22 yo, you're now seeing it.

Digging around, these (see below) tests were done and confirms my suspicion, though it was in 2017.

So it's likely that it's always been low, but it wouldn't surprise me if it's higher now than when he started because of his good performances for you.

That was enlightening, thank you

• SI Staff
5 hours ago, HUNT3R said:

Interesting read, respect the research. Obviously need to be wary of the conclusions drawn however.

For example, Important Matches not showing up does not mean it isn't used before then. Likewise, the Versatility comment may be a little misleadingly phrased? Versatility comes into a number of scenarios, the most prevalent being if a player can learn a new position or not (irrespective of how many they know already, which is in of itself a separate contributing factor).

In this scenario, it sound as if this is the cause of what you are seeing. It is also worth noting that how good your staff member is will affect the quality of the report and Important Matches can and will change over time.

Wow, I forgot I even did that!

3 hours ago, Seb Wassell said:

Likewise, the Versatility comment may be a little misleadingly phrased? Versatility comes into a number of scenarios, the most prevalent being if a player can learn a new position or not (irrespective of how many they know already, which is in of itself a separate contributing factor).

Yeah, as I was reading what I wrote, I had to do a double take. I meant that the versatility rating doesn't (didn't?) appear to impact the scouting report note. The note appears to just take into account how many positions he can currently play, not his aptitude for learning new positions.

3 hours ago, Seb Wassell said:

For example, Important Matches not showing up does not mean it isn't used before then

Absolutely, apologies if I wasn't clear there either. I just meant to say I didn't see evidence of seeing scouting report notes on this for players under 22, not that it wasn't being used by the game.

• SI Staff
15 hours ago, Joey Numbaz said:

Yeah, as I was reading what I wrote, I had to do a double take. I meant that the versatility rating doesn't (didn't?) appear to impact the scouting report note. The note appears to just take into account how many positions he can currently play, not his aptitude for learning new positions.

Yep as you say, the "versatility" in a report refers to number of positions he has good familiarity in. Not a direct reference to the attribute.

15 hours ago, Joey Numbaz said:

Absolutely, apologies if I wasn't clear there either. I just meant to say I didn't see evidence of seeing scouting report notes on this for players under 22, not that it wasn't being used by the game.

:thup: