FM 2006 not working on windows 10 has anyone figured out how to fix this problem?

• 3 months later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Hi guys, another one here that’s tried the patch trick that doesn’t work! I’ve got the physical copy of FM2006 but just get the black screen when I try to load the game up after much pissing about!
Would be very grateful to anyone that could dm me this trick to get it loaded up on my windows 10 laptop!

🙏🤞🙏

On 26/07/2023 at 17:32, Briggo said:

Hi guys, another one here that’s tried the patch trick that doesn’t work! I’ve got the physical copy of FM2006 but just get the black screen when I try to load the game up after much pissing about!
Would be very grateful to anyone that could dm me this trick to get it loaded up on my windows 10 laptop!

🙏🤞🙏

Same problem over here folks, any help would be greatly appreciated!

Is there anyone who can still help getting FM05-FM11 running on Windows 10 ?

Managed to get FM08 & FM10 running a year ago, without any trouble, but a Windows update has stopped them working, and I get a black screen on launch.

Many thanks !

hi I ask you for help to play fm 2005 and fm 2006 since I have careers with the latest patches (6.0.3 for fm 2006 and 5.0.5 for FM 2005) I ask you if you have any solution and could PM it to me?

PS: Sorry for my english

This thread suddenly got popular for some reason, so I'll give you the only surefire way of getting this working, to save you downloading dodgy crap or spending days or weeks trying every weird 'fix' and messing with your registry:

Use an old OS i.e. Window 7 or Windows 10.

It's obvious when put like that, but what I mean is you can just get another hard drive (or use part of your current drive) and install Windows XP or 7 on it, or get an old PC out and use that. Virtual machine might work too

I did the same to play old XP and Windows 98 games that don't work any more.

Edited by git2thachoppa

Ran into a bit of trouble installing Windows 7 from the CD on an old PC. I can`t get it to update, and the browser on it, IE 8 only loads some pages. There was an issue with an adapter, but I kept a copy of it on a USB stick when I last installed it a few years back, and that got me to some pages online, but I can`t seem to get anywhere on updating it, and have only the base setup.

I know Windows stopped supporting it, but I thought they`d still allow you to update it after installing from the CD, to it`s last build.

Anyone got any ideas how to get it up to service pack 2 or 3 or whichever the last one was ?

On 06/04/2020 at 03:04, DementedHammer said:

I still play FM2006 on Windows 10. But, I don't think I can post how I got it running without breaking the rules of the forum. 

Out of pure interest I would quite like to read how you did this myself :)

1 ora fa, Evan_Wylde ha scritto:

Ran into a bit of trouble installing Windows 7 from the CD on an old PC. I can`t get it to update, and the browser on it, IE 8 only loads some pages. There was an issue with an adapter, but I kept a copy of it on a USB stick when I last installed it a few years back, and that got me to some pages online, but I can`t seem to get anywhere on updating it, and have only the base setup.

I know Windows stopped supporting it, but I thought they`d still allow you to update it after installing from the CD, to it`s last build.

Anyone got any ideas how to get it up to service pack 2 or 3 or whichever the last one was ?

Edited by terfazio

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...
On 05/08/2023 at 12:50, terfazio said:

In fact, it would be much better if SI GAMES or SEGA released a patch to remove safediscs

GoG has a small team of developers who made many old games available in modern platforms with some tweak. But publishers of the game has to work with GoG team. I hope someone at Sega sees this as an opportunity to make some extra money from these old games. At least FM2005-2008 would be good since they are not available in Steam anyway.  

A man can only wish!

Edited by Arijit

13 hours ago, Arijit said:

GoG has a small team of developers who made many old games available in modern platforms with some tweak. But publishers of the game has to work with GoG team. I hope someone at Sega sees this as an opportunity to make some extra money from these old games. At least FM2005-2008 would be good since they are not available in Steam anyway.  

A man can only wish!

Making them available i Steam if you had the disk originally to prove you own it would be awesome!

On 28/01/2024 at 18:57, ltfc_2020 said:

Hi, I've been scouring online to find how to get FM06 to work and I keep getting the black screen even though I've done all the DirectX stuff. Can someone please PM me a solution?

I did the last time you posted this, you haven't read it.

On 31/07/2023 at 19:01, git2thachoppa said:

This thread suddenly got popular for some reason, so I'll give you the only surefire way of getting this working, to save you downloading dodgy crap or spending days or weeks trying every weird 'fix' and messing with your registry:

Use an old OS i.e. Window 7 or Windows 10.

It's obvious when put like that, but what I mean is you can just get another hard drive (or use part of your current drive) and install Windows XP or 7 on it, or get an old PC out and use that. Virtual machine might work too

I did the same to play old XP and Windows 98 games that don't work any more.

definitely the best way to do it. Though I'm waiting for someone to respond they overwrote their current windows folder and completely borked their PC. Common rookie mistake for people using dosbox trying to install even older windows versions.