Club vision

I have just started a save and it's going really well, however one of the minimum expectations from the board was to qualify for the group stages of the C/L. I've drawn Porto in the final qualifying round and they are a lot stronger than me, so my question is - If I lose to them and fail to qualify, hence failing one of the required expectations, will they sack me (either now or at the end of the season)?

I've started really well but I don't really want to carry on a save whereby I will be sacked at the end of the season for failing to reach an objective.

I doubt it, but who knows. Our goal was to make the CL quarter finals but we were eliminated on away goals vs Bayern in the first knockout round. The board was disappointed but added that they understood we had a tough draw. I think it would be harsh for your board to completely disregard the opposition here, if you are indeed eliminated by Porto.

I've had cup requirements that I've failed to meet because of a tough draw and when I check the tooltip for that target theres a message that says something to the effect of they're disappointed but understand that the team were handed a difficult draw. So it's obviously not great, but they do have the ability to recognise that you were given a challenging draw

Not exactly the same scenario, but I got Birmingham City promoted from the Championship and first season in the prem my board wanted me to qualify for the CL. I am about halfway through the season and I am 11th and they are furious. I get called into a meeting every week to discuss the "failure" and I am on the verge of the sack, so who knows!

I fail board objectives frequently, sometimes in the same fashion, failing a cup of league goal.

Most the time it's refusing to do what board want eg Sign players to sell for profit or sign players under 23 for first team or play attacking football.

I don't do any of this, however after a few seasons the board adjust their expectations, The Gomel board wanted me to play attacking football but after two years of me playing shithouse football they adjusted it to play defensively solid football and make the most of set prices