Error in nation rules: missing teams?

Xander2000

Good evening everyone,

Currently I've been working on a custom league pyramid starting from the Danish Superliga and down to Danmarksserien (4th tier). As I try to verify the editor data an error occurs stating that 16 teams are somehow missing. However, I've checked multiple times and there are indeed 48 teams split into 3 groups so it makes zero sense to me that 16 teams could not be found. I have attached both the error and the editor data itself. If anyone could guide me to what is the issue here I'd be quite thankful as this is some what of a hindrance for me enjoying the game. Both the editor and FM 20 are fully updated. 

Thanks in advance. :D

Skærmbillede 2020-01-13 kl. 21.53.06.png

Danish Lower Leagues.fmf

Edited by Xander2000

Bump.

I do really need help as I've tried to fix the issue myself without any success. I've tried exporting it as an xml file and changing the "verf" from false to true but nothing helps. I can only verify the data if I use the basic rules in the editor, however, FM 20 still doesn't count the editor data as verified so I can't use it. I've went through all of the nation rules to see whether I had messed something up but I can't seem to find the problem. I even tried to reinstall both the editor and FM 20 twice yet nothing helps. This is literally preventing me from using the editor completely and I am honestly frustrated at this point. Is it possible for me to get in touch with SI staff directly? Otherwise I'll consider getting a refund. :(

Sorry for the bump, but at this point I simply do not have a clue what to do.

I am not that well versed in Advanced Rules, but from what I see the problems has to do with the reserve teams.

I have managed to change something about the teams which makes the error worse (found 30 teams), so now I am looking how to get that the other way around.

Nevermind, the 30 teams are found when testing Danmark Series only, the 32 teams are found when testing all competitions. That's a bit silly.....

If you run a competition test with "test competitions", and then go look at each of the competitions, all the newly added teams have been deleted. This is why you get the error. I have honestly not the first clue why it is doing that. It smells buggy to me.

What happens if you create entirely new competitions and fill them with the correct teams and try again? This is a weird one for sure.

4 hours ago, prot651 said:

The "main idea" behind this pyramid was to include B teams (or II teams as they're named in Denmark) into the actual pyramid and as far as I can see they've been dropped into the usual reserve leagues in the file you posted. Why did you do that? Was that the only way you could work around the editor? 

3 hours ago, sporadicsmiles said:

If you run a competition test with "test competitions", and then go look at each of the competitions, all the newly added teams have been deleted. This is why you get the error. I have honestly not the first clue why it is doing that. It smells buggy to me.

What happens if you create entirely new competitions and fill them with the correct teams and try again? This is a weird one for sure.

"Test competitions"? Are you referring to "test rules" perhaps? Sorry if not, I simply haven't come across that option - where can I find it? I'll gladly take a look at it.

By creating an entirely new competition do you mean starting all over from scratch? I don't know when I'll have the time to do so as getting work done in the editor is quite time consuming and at times a complete waste haha. I went straight from FM16 to FM20 and I've never encountered any issues with the FM16 editor. This one on the other hand feels unfinished and broken which is a shame.

3 hours ago, Wolf_pd said:

It looked like it was mainly the second teams missing, but I can be mistaken. 

Why do you draw that conclusion? Just wondering what you saw that indicated that it was mainly the second teams?

Finally I want to thank all of you for your assistance as I still haven't figured out "the fix" for this yet.  :D

31 minutes ago, Xander2000 said:

Why do you draw that conclusion? Just wondering what you saw that indicated that it was mainly the second teams?

When you test the file and get the error as you posted, check in the database under Competition Danmarkserien 1, 2 or 3 how many teams there are. You will see that instead of 16 for each competition, the three competitions have respectively 9, 10 and 11 teams left, causing your error. I noticed that the II teams are missing.

21 minutes ago, Wolf_pd said:

When you test the file and get the error as you posted, check in the database under Competition Danmarkserien 1, 2 or 3 how many teams there are. You will see that instead of 16 for each competition, the three competitions have respectively 9, 10 and 11 teams left, causing your error. I noticed that the II teams are missing.

Strange. Yesterday that happened once to me as well. If i try to test it now it still shows 16 teams for each subdivision. Must be some kind of a bug - or could it be that danish II teams are some how hardcoded to not participate in the pyramid? Anyways I'm afraid that I'll have to start all over again. :(  

On another note, I can't even verify any editor data that I create using the editor - whether I use the basic rules or advanced rules don't matter. It'll verify in the editor but in-game it'll still show as unverified. I have no trouble importing other databases by other users. The editor has become completely useless for me. What on earth is going on?

Edited by Xander2000

If Danish B teams have their own competition in the default database, then there's probably some B team/II team specific setting you've missed that's causing the game to remove them from the normal pyramid and put them back into their reserve league. I'm not at home right now so I can't check in the editor, but I'd start there. 

10 hours ago, Xander2000 said:

"Test competitions"? Are you referring to "test rules" perhaps? Sorry if not, I simply haven't come across that option - where can I find it? I'll gladly take a look at it.

It is in the top left. When you start the editor you have "file", "test competitions" and "database" in the menu panel. You can use this to test leagues you have run (gives you extra info compared to verifying, but I guess uses the same thing). Anyway you can add the league that is causing problems to the test and try to test it. When I did this, 16 teams (the ones you added to the league I think) were removed, which is the reason it is giving an error. I have no idea why those teams are being removed from the league though. 

• 3 weeks later...

Another thing on this. I just had some issues with reserve teams being weird. In my case the reserve team had a division set in the "reserve teams to create" section which was not aligned with the one I wanted them to go in. Something to check (if I get time tomorrow I will have a look, since I already know what I am talking about). 

On 13/01/2020 at 22:16, Xander2000 said:

Good evening everyone,

Currently I've been working on a custom league pyramid starting from the Danish Superliga and down to Danmarksserien (4th tier). As I try to verify the editor data an error occurs stating that 16 teams are somehow missing. However, I've checked multiple times and there are indeed 48 teams split into 3 groups so it makes zero sense to me that 16 teams could not be found. I have attached both the error and the editor data itself. If anyone could guide me to what is the issue here I'd be quite thankful as this is some what of a hindrance for me enjoying the game. Both the editor and FM 20 are fully updated. 

Thanks in advance. :D

Skærmbillede 2020-01-13 kl. 21.53.06.png

Danish Lower Leagues.fmf 20.95 kB · 6 downloads

Not sure if you are still working on this, but I have fixed it for you. It verifies and works perfectly now. The problem was indeed that reserve sides had a division set in the "reserve teams" club panel, in the "reserve teams to create". It seems that FM will use this in preference to setting the division for the reserve club directly (there is a lot of redundancy in the editor this year, it needs cleaning up and having old features removed). 

So if you extend further, always check this tab for reserve teams you add, just to make sure. 

120225253_DanishLowerLeagues.fmf

On 01/02/2020 at 13:13, sporadicsmiles said:

Not sure if you are still working on this, but I have fixed it for you. It verifies and works perfectly now. The problem was indeed that reserve sides had a division set in the "reserve teams" club panel, in the "reserve teams to create". It seems that FM will use this in preference to setting the division for the reserve club directly (there is a lot of redundancy in the editor this year, it needs cleaning up and having old features removed). 

So if you extend further, always check this tab for reserve teams you add, just to make sure. 

120225253_DanishLowerLeagues.fmf 21.32 kB · 0 downloads

Thank you very much! It caused me a lot of pain working this around, unfortunately I couldn't do the fix myself so thank you once again. :applause: