Strikers who don't like scoring!

Im Arsenal at the minute & i have a squad blessed with Balotelli, Van Persie, Vela, Benzema & Adriano but none of them seem to like scoring!

Are we all having these problems? I play attacking football & create many chances. My top scorer is Veloso!

Im in November but i just can't see things improving!!!

This is a good point, I am currently playing with Portsmouth and watching full match in 3d and peter crouch and defore can not score at all. I am in December, Peter Crouch no goals and Defore with 1 from the Penalty spot!!

My midfielders and defenders have been scoring just not my forwards!!!

Have you bought a lot of new players? It takes a while before the team settles and begins to score. Otherwise, maybe check your tactics or look at which strikers you are pairing up. The good old fast little man & big strong man seems to work pretty well. Balotelli, Van Persie, Vela and Benzema are all pretty much the same type of player. If you pair up Vela with a guy like Xisco from Newcastle, and your player instructions are correct, you will score loads of goals. I once scored 43 goals in 34 matches in the Dutch league with Salvatore Foti (FM2008). Not a top notch striker, but he heads in every chance he gets. Guys like Xisco, Foti, Kardec and Iñigo paired up with guys like Vela, Aguero, Balotelli etc. seems to work great.

Yes but the dutch league is know where near the same level as the prem. Iv got Adriano & Vela performing better now

I know, but the principles stay the same. In Fm2008 I was playing with Man City, playing with Xisco and Jimmy Briand up front. They scored like there was no tomorrow.

as i keep posting the match engine is crap to may long rangers not team build ups or playing strikers through 1 0n 1 just longs of 25yard+ goals or freekicks

I thought the same, but after adjusting my tactics i've had very few long range shots and a majority of my build up play comes down the wings, which is exactly how I want it. Time to change your tactics me thinks :)

I thought the same, but after adjusting my tactics i've had very few long range shots and a majority of my build up play comes down the wings, which is exactly how I want it. Time to change your tactics me thinks :)

this dosent stop me conceding them though

Hmmmm, I like the ME, but I have to be honest that I find it dificult to make a comparison between the 09 engine and the 08 engine because of 3D (2D is so different it's also hard to tell which is better). I'll play it safe and say that I like the 09 ME, but i'm not sure if it's an improvement ;)

This needs tweaking it seems that the spread of goals is not realisitic, midfielders score more than strikers most of the time...

however i have found, although not ideal if you dont like it, is that if you play on commentry only then it returns to normal and your strikers will start scoring more, although still not a true reflection of real life

Archived