• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

PNE_FC.png

26 May 2021

The Worst Board Ever

Dear Diary,

Preston was taken over by a new board since the season ended, and it must be one of the worst ever.

d27129b2656ae59ace81b826eecb1ff8.png

I took Preston from the bottom of the table to the play-offs, and the media only tipped them to finish in the top half at the start of the season. The previous board was happy with me (I was given a B), and I was looking forward to building the squad to go for that holy grail. The takeover came during preseason and the new board decided to bring in their own man :mad:

f5d52806d4de7854bd3b43e146a74d4c.png

The board went ahead to sack the next two managers during the course of the campaign, and they finished 21st in the table eventually. Is it weird that I feel slightly happy about this?

916e41fb5f72c2e912efb1ccdef7778e.png

As for myself, I've received job interview invitations from Leicester, Arsenal and a number of Championship clubs throughout the season. I decided to sit out the whole season and wait for a new project at the start of the next. Which one would you take?

Edited by DavidBeckham

arsenal-logo-icon-256.png

29 June 2021

The Decision

Dear Diary,

The decision has been made.

3221801b0e46fb8e6ba2c8697b6fb58c.png

I'm the new Arsenal manager! Wolves was the only other English job available and I opted for the Gunners as the Wolves' Board wanted me to sign and develop Portuguese players. I did not want to be bounded by such business decisions.

8e0fd1b0bcfab725ff0da96e3bd6d058.jpg

Arsenal finished 12th last season after a disastrous campaign. I'm tasked to rebuild the squad and bring European football back to the Emirates Stadium. It will not be easy, but I'm just relieved to be back in a job..

dcd9460e491794213f90ec2e48a4ea1c.png

..and oh yes, I brought back an Invincible :brock:

On 14/04/2020 at 18:48, TheGoodRebel said:

Shocking what happened with Preston - but good luck with Arsenal!

Preston's new board must be the worst I've encountered on FM thus far. Let's hope things are better with Arsenal! :D

On 17/04/2020 at 02:20, Bitner said:

Fletcher managing the Gunners? Must be a bad nightmare, but let's hope United come calling?

Preston's board is brazilian? 

Cheers,
Bitner 

Gunners have always needed a tenacious midfield destroyer and Fletcher will be a good fit! ;)

Craig Hemmings doesn't sound like a Brazilian name, does it?

23 October 2021

Profitable Summer

Dear Diary,

The Arsenal Board must be happy with how I have been managing their finances in the summer transfer window.

185a5af0de55b09b7aa994657d02cecf.png

It has been a tough summer as numerous key players wanted to leave the club for European football. We finished 12th last campaign and have no European football this season. Our number one full-backs forced transfers to Man United and I did not want to keep unhappy and uncommitted players at the club. We raised 276 million pounds in total and spent only less than a third of the money raised. 

dff32e0a6567424549c8496882712183.jpg

Even though this signing wasn't made by myself, I'm very excited about managing this player. Tonali signed on a free transfer before Arsenal brought me in. I can't help but say that the board has done pretty well in bringing in a player of his quality for absolutely nothing. He will be key for us in our midfield triangle in the upcoming campaign. 

fee76a70c82a3f0a335a325b1970169a.jpg

We needed to start thinking about replacing Aubameyang as he's 32 this year and we can't depend on him for goals at this stage of his career. Patrice recommended one young Italian striker to me (;)) and I snapped him up immediately for a mere 11 million pounds. This guy is already looking incredible in training and he can definitely go all the way to the top if he keeps working hard. Esposito will replace Aubameyang in our starting 11 once he learns English.

0290ccdfdfc074041897cce4f46cda6e.jpg

We needed more cover up top as Lacazette left for Real Madrid in 2020. I chose to let Nketiah go as he isn't strong aerially and physically enough to play in our system. We decided to pay big money for Brewster as he knows the country and has the potential to grow into a decent Premier League striker. He will provide cover for Aubameyang while Esposito undergoes intensive lessons to learn English.

Edited by DavidBeckham

Em 18/04/2020 em 00:15, DavidBeckham disse:

Gunners have always needed a tenacious midfield destroyer and Fletcher will be a good fit! ;)

Craig Hemmings doesn't sound like a Brazilian name, does it?

not at all.

But their patience is full Brazilian.

Cheers,
Bitner 

14 March 2022

Good Start

Dear Diary,

The lads have done so well in this campaign thus far..

c0b7437fe8a74d2a4ce1998fbb1ee176.png

To my pleasant surprise, we are 2nd with 8 games to go in my 1st season at the club :eek: The boys have already over-achieved by quite a bit as we were only expected to finish in the Europa League places. Even though it looks like we have a decent chance of winning the title, Liverpool are the favourites as they are destroying teams in one-sided wins while we are scraping wins by one-goal margins. They have looked far more convincing than us.

af300a535074389b6eb5140be515e8e9.jpg

As for our January transfer businesses, we finally brought in Bellerin's long-term successor after his departure late last summer. This Dutch right-back has an incredible name and is a pacy and aggressive little player. He will take his time to settle in London for the rest of this season and more game time will be granted in the upcoming campaign.

9194e4ced681158d7cc67e1d8b10b7c8.jpg

Nohan had been on loan at the club since last summer and we decided to sign him on a permanent deal in January as he has shown great potential both in training and the cup games. The versatile Englishman is still very young and he will provide valuable backup in multiple positions, while making use of the decent training facilities at the club to take his game to the next level.

1 June 2022

Incredible Effort

Dear Diary,

The boys have done incredible this campaign..

70d794bdaae31fb5135d7ec11606b18b.png

We lost key players in the summer as we did not have European football. The boys who stayed, together with a couple of new signings, did incredible to finish second behind Liverpool. Yes, it is disappointing that we lost out on goal difference but we were never the favourites for the title. We were not even tipped to be one of the contenders for champions league football. We will focus on the positives and go again next campaign!

1083a5e134088c8661e8c3325829db77.png

We weren't too impressive in the cup competitions though. The squad players did their best but fell to a narrow 0-1 defeat in the Carabao Cup 4th round against Man City. We were far from our best in the FA Cup 5th round and the boys were eliminated after a disappointing 0-3 defeat against Newcastle.

5abf7f1b4874725bdcdb91edfdb77f1e.jpg

The heroes who kept pace with the title winners all the way \o/

46c57fde6e6c8928f4226ac76d23ea62.png

New contract, new vision.. let's go!