Difficulty level ?

Hey all, 

I am into my first save with Norwich, coming up to February. 

I am 10th in the league. I have recently been finding it really easy despite the rugged start seeing me not win a game for at least 10 games. MY QUESTION IS, IS THERE A DIFFICULTY SETTING IN THIS GAME ?????

Just now, Polski97 said:

Hey all, 

I am 10th in the league. I have recently been finding it really easy despite the rugged start seeing me not win a game for at least 10 games. MY QUESTION IS, IS THERE A DIFFICULTY SETTING IN THIS GAME ?????

No. 

The difficulty is set with a combination of the reputation you give your manager and the team you choose to manage.

Gerade eben schrieb Polski97:

Hey all, 

Only the way you play it. Chose a lower league club or a club in a foreign league if you want it more difficult. There are a lot of challenges in the game, you just need to chose it.

Just now, kevhamster said:

No. 

The difficulty is set with a combination of the reputation you give your manager and the team you choose to manage.

So i started as inexperienced on my profile without changing my managers reputation and getting the recommended coach licences. Why has it become easier all of a sudden ? have I just got a good tactic ?   

Just now, KUBI said:

Only the way you play it. Chose a lower league club or a club in a foreign league if you want it more difficult. There are a lot of challenges in the game, you just need to chose it.

Wouldn't you say a newly promoted team is quite hard to manage in the 'best league' ?

1 minute ago, KUBI said:

I got it boys, a moderator confirmed the game is biased towards Premier League and makes playing there easier :D

1 minute ago, Polski97 said:

So i started as inexperienced on my profile without changing my managers reputation and getting the recommended coach licences. Why has it become easier all of a sudden ? have I just got a good tactic ?   

No idea mate, I'm rubbish at the game lol.

But, most likely you have found a tactic that really suits your team.

Gerade eben schrieb Polski97:

Wouldn't you say a newly promoted team is quite hard to manage in the 'best league' ?

With the increased tv money promoted teams could just have luck on the transfer market and perform well. It's more difficult if you don't have any money.

vor 1 Minute schrieb Soviet:

I got it boys, a moderator confirmed the game is biased towards Premier League and makes playing there easier :D

It's the tv money that makes it easier. If you find the right players you can challenge the better clubs.

1 minute ago, KUBI said:

With the increased tv money promoted teams could just have luck on the transfer market and perform well. It's more difficult if you don't have any money.

I mean I only bought one player this save and that's a CB. My other transfer was making Anadou's Loan a permanent transfer.  

vor 1 Minute schrieb Polski97:

I mean I only bought one player this save and that's a CB. My other transfer was making Anadou's Loan a permanent transfer.  

10th with Norwich is good, but not complete unrealistic.

Many newly promoted team to the EPL have a good run to start with and thereafter, once the other teams work out their strengths and weaknesses, struggle from there.  I would not get too excited till you are about 1.5 seasons in to the save.

It could be the inverse of what people normally see, start of well as teams underestimate them and get hit by playing too openly.

But in this case, the team has started off badly and that's causing AI to be open against them in the second half of the season.