SoftAnchor Online Activation.

All it needs to avoid problems like this SoftAnchore crap is : " .. you must authenticate the game within 5 days of setting this up through steam .. " .. problems solved as you then don't have a squillion people trying to do it at once .. we can then just do it at our leisure .. ok, you work the details out .. but every game has the same issues with server overloads .. when will people ever learn?

People need to relax. It's only a game. There will be a tomorrow. The problems will be fixed and you will be able to play.

I can, and I am sure SI can, understand people being annoyed, but there is no need for continual postings of 'omfg this sux' and so on.

Everyone relax, take a deep breath and have a cuppa. Let SI sort things out and you can play. The number of people in this country that will have high blood pressure and heart attacks is seriously going to increase with the blind panic thats eems to come out of such a minor issue.

Please calm down people. Due to overwhelming demand, the activation servers are suffering. We are looking into resolving this.

Im authenticated but I find that statement shocking.

SI should have guessed about the demand and I remember PaulC stating that they were using a 3rd party so that they could cope.

What a mockery that was, I really feel for people who have taken the day off work, bought the game but cant activate.

Really, really poor SI.

Free Trial period expired?! so what do i do for this? i'm not getting any numbers.

i'm not one for forums & don't frequent here but having been a "consumer" of this yearly SI products for years i feel more dis-respected than angry etc. the fact they paid more attention to a sensible soccer imitation of a 3d match engine & obviously showed little consideration as to what problems Steam & UniLoc will incur is what annoys me.

Miles & the rest of the team can harp on about how they empathise with us but the way we "consumers" have been treated with the past 2 releases is becoming nothing short of derisory.

What a mockery that was, I really feel for people who have taken the day off work, bought the game but cant activate.

What the people that skived off work for a day so they could play a computer game? The same people who left their work colleagues with extra work just so they could sit at home and play a computer game?

Those people may be the ones clogging up the system.

Oh, and it's Saturday tomorrow. People could have waited one day and not had to skive/take a day off work to play.

Do the words 'molehill', 'mountain' and 'making' fit into a nice sentence that anyone wants to use?

Fun fun fun. Just makes me laugh, when they try something new it always has a way of biting them in the arse. O well, i'll look forward to playing the game a day later! Yey!

p.s that was sarcasm

Is there any chance that they could post when the servers are ready for a game launch?

This has taken me over an hour now just to activate the product... and now I can't complete the job. I don't care what excuses anyone says - and no I will not forget this by tomorrow, it will stick in my mind as a terrible launch which has ruined my afternoon.

After about 5 and a half hours of trying I have finally loaded up the game for the first time.

I know the guys at SI say don't try it until they tell you, but my success might indicate that things are now improving.

Give it a go now and see what happens.

What a shambles.

meh i finally get it to stop coming up with can't concect to the internet then i get error -730. This is so annoying its ruined the lauch day compleatly. stupied you know i bet i could go on a torrent site and find a perfectly good cracked version off the game.

Game company should stop treating paying customer this way. If you starting treating people like criminals they are going to start acting like them as well.

Quote:

Originally Posted by bcooper

Hi,

Those people getting errors 10 and 702, we are updating some info at Uniloc to try to help the issue. Unfortunately while that is updating it has slowed the system significantly and this is causing these errors, as well as the telephone outage.

We'd advise you to hold off trying to authenticate while this happens, we will let you know as soon as it is back up to speed.

Thanks

Ben

This is also causing a lot of the "no internet" problems. Please bear with us while uniloc updates

Thanks

Ben

When I use the keylock link it comes back as invalid code...is this always going to stop me getting the game I paid for activated?

Wheres is the help? Where is the service?

well finally nearly 2 days later I have got the code!!

it must be part of the game...pay your money and then spend the next few days trying to crack the code!

Couldn't do it with steam but it worked with this anchor butter thinghy!..lol

game seems to be working ok..thankfully (although I did downlaod the patch!)

Hope everyone else is sorted too?

Archived