[FM19] The Amerigo Vespucci Diaries

Northernpilgrim

• Replies 350
  • Created
  • Last Reply
11 minutes ago, Sankalan said:

One of Amerigo's life goals was to discover a sea route to India, and Vasco da gama was the one who achieved that. And now Amerigo is managing Vasco da gama. World is such a small place.

I knew about Amerigo wanting to discover a route to India, but not that it was Vasco da Gama who actually did. I'm kinda glad I ended up at Vasco da Gama now, even if it was completely unintentional

August was a huge month. We came through the league games with a 100pc record, couldn't overturn the Copa do Brazil first leg defeat, but progressed in the Copa Libertadores after overturning a narrow first leg loss

1919680493_Aug2026.thumb.PNG.05f90a2f50ff50b0556ed0741f316eb1.PNG

and we remain second in the league, but the gap is now 5 points as Corinthians also had a perfect month, and have played an extra game.

771306972_Aug2026table.thumb.PNG.63cf2986b2d210fc011f2052af631540.PNG

1 hour ago, Neotropolis said:

I suppose the Serie A isn't too much issue. It's the Libertadores that you need

Absolutely. I do need to stay near the top of the table so I keep my job, but if I don't win it I'll be satisfied as long as I win the Libertadores. Then it'll be waiting for an appropriate international job to come up

13 hours ago, Northernpilgrim said:

Absolutely. I do need to stay near the top of the table so I keep my job, but if I don't win it I'll be satisfied as long as I win the Libertadores. Then it'll be waiting for an appropriate international job to come up

I suppose Argentina or Brazil are your aim?

23 hours ago, Northernpilgrim said:

Definitely. I don't think any other South American countries are good enough to do it

You can win the Copa America with Chile but you do need luck. I've done it before and Alexis Sanchez was 37 at the time

In terms of transfers, we've added two players during the transfer window

1946002917_TransfersAug2027.thumb.PNG.babcad3c407cadde5b2c8271ae41a46b.PNG

Barrera was a bit of a panic signing when Arsenal triggered Letlotlo's release clause, leaving me three days to sign a replacement goalkeeper

Barrera.thumb.PNG.0f2b5bc8f2bef57961d46b5bc22994c3.PNG

but Popo was a player I wanted to bring in from my old club, although he can't play in Serie A because of the number of games he's already played for Vasco this season, so he'll be used in the Copa do Brazil and Libertadores

Popo.thumb.PNG.ee6f5e05c460077c2bbf8d80d9181db5.PNG

12 minutes ago, Northernpilgrim said:

Yes. Copa America and World Cup. No international vacancies currently though, not even one I don't want :(

You'll want Argentina or Brazil ideally (but you know this). Chile can get you the Copa America though.

Archived