FM19: Vanarama National League - Players

clayton373

On 11/05/2019 at 07:49, John Joe O'toole said:

Lance Smith - Hereford but i got him from oxford city. The report said he was ok for VNN/VNS but I've signed him in the VNL and he's got 10 in 14(2) which is a pretty good return for a free transfer

Screenshot 2019-05-11 at 07.41.19.png

Lance Smith was strangely effective for me too. Think it's down to his physicals, which obviously go a long way at lower league level. His technicals leave a lot to be desired but he really doesn't play to them, and finishes like he's got 15+ on finishing, composure etc etc

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/05/2019 at 07:49, John Joe O'toole said:

Lance Smith - Hereford but i got him from oxford city. The report said he was ok for VNN/VNS but I've signed him in the VNL and he's got 10 in 14(2) which is a pretty good return for a free transfer

Screenshot 2019-05-11 at 07.41.19.png

Yes technicals do not matter as much at this level, all about the physical stats to bully players etc

• 2 weeks later...

Beast in the air?  Corbin Shires - gargantuan central defender (6'7''). Free.  And Oneil Odofin, almost as big (6'5'') and another aerial giant.  Also free.  Make a very good pairing, not the most mobile but very effective in Vanarama South/North, where teams keep lumping high balls at you!

Need a fast left back?  Joel Whittingham Acceleration 16 Pace 15.  Free

I have signed a young player on a free transfer, his position is poacher/TM but I'm playing him on the left and he's joint top scorer in the division. All his stats seem to be on the decline, is this due to playing him out of position or not training him right?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

For the second season:

Rhys Sharpe at left back is pure class, his contract with Nuneaton expires on 1/6/19. Low-to-mid 7 ratings all the way into L2.

Theo Warton is a great and cheap central midfield option too.

I did a Spennymoor Save and managed to get them in the Premier League eventually. Check out Shaun Tuton as AMR.  Was lethal for me. Did a job in North, then national league before I had to replace. 

Archived