FM19: Vanarama National League - Players

clayton373

I couldn't see that anyone has started a thread for players to sign in the Vanarama National Leagues so I thought I'd kick It off! If there is one already fee free to close this one! 

I'll start. Signed for free but did have to fend off Wrexham by offering high wages:

Grandison.PNG

Did briefly start as Billericay and managed to sign Aaron Kuhl on a free who is good. Also Cody McDonald is on a free and a very good striker for lower league.

Might also be worth having a look at Nile Ranger although he does request 5k a week wages so may only be able to sign with someone like Salford.

Great players so far. Before seeing this thread I already signed Grandison, and had Curvalier, Best, and Kuhl all on trial, all of which I was very tempted to make offers for, but didnt have the budget.

I'm finding Ben Hinchcliffe (unattached at the start) is massively overperforming, I got him in as his wages were pretty cheap and could be back up on the left wing. Had to start him up front one game and he gets a hat trick, then shortly after hits 4 in a game! Think hes up to 10 goals now in about 6 starts. I'm playing as Salford

34 minutes ago, EvertonblokesMobile said:

Hinchcliffe is actually on 8 goals in 6 league starts. Not quite as good as I thought, but still great.

Yeah, I guess I could suffer through a 1.33 goals per game man...  ;)

Playing as Billericay for my Beta save I signed Harry Darling for 80k. Playing him as a Ball Playing Defender, he has some good player traits for this position.

The other three players are all young players I picked up for free.

20181030064049_1.jpg

20181030063833_1.jpg

20181030063852_1.jpg

20181030063939_1.jpg

I am currently gateshead, Luke Armstrong has 14 goals in 14 games he's on loan from Middlesbrough could be a good permanent player. 

Luke Molyneux is an assist king and will player a lot higher, has 12 assists in 14 games.

Left back called Christian Hill is great if you use attacking full backs

just signed a winger/cam from Ireland called Connor Barry who looks like he could be tasty at the tip of my diamond

playing as Kidderminster in Conf N. 

(No screenshots as currently on phone) 

Just now, Tanzinho said:

just signed a winger/cam from Ireland called Connor Barry who looks like he could be tasty at the tip of my diamond

Oh and Declan Weeks who is already there is an absolute Trojan from DM. Finds the overlapping FB for days. 

8 hours ago, tomzo_2 said:

Looking for a couple of CB’s. I’m currently playing as Boston and no money and very limited wages! Anybody found anybody useful? 

Found Dan Matsuzaka and his stats are decent after being released by Southend.

Every season my first career is a create a club in in the Vanrama South. I choose one of the lowest ranked teams in terms of reputation and budget. I start the career with 0 players in my squad and a budget of about 8k p/w for wages and zero transfer budget. 

This makes it tough to attract players as most think the squad (correctly) is too weak. Anyway I managed to pick up some real gems on FT for Vanrama South. I’m top of league after 12 games playing 3/5/2 with attaching wing backs.  All of the below are 23 years old or younger  

Joe Boyd - solid sweeper keeper have signed him on FT every season since FM17

Brandon Barzey - pacey RWB

Joel Whittingham - even pacier LWB (crossing 10 / pace 16 / acceleration 15) 

Brad Carr - Technical CM / playmaker 

Rui Da Costa - all round midfielder

Josh Hesson - Tough tackling RB / CM / DM utility player 

Deon Moore - solid Lower league striker. Pace / acc / finishing / composure all above 10

Michael Cregan - Poacher 

My Assitant Manager rates all of the above as good Vanrama South Players (Brad Carr Vanrama National)

all have potential to be at worst Vanrama National players

Just won the league with Gateshead, amassing a total of 111 points.

Luke Armstrong scored 39 goals in 46 games. Managed to sign him for 6k in January.

Luke Molyneux (On Loan from Sunderland) got 17 goals and 21 assists in 48 games.

Jordan Williams (On Loan from Rochdale) got 13 goals and 14 assists in 44 games

Greg Olley scored 10 goals and 16 assists in 51 games

Latest update seems to have done something to being able to offer contracts to free players for me. Players i could offer contracts to yesterday now say "I am very interested in joining the club in general, but i feel it lacks the financial muscle to even get close to my contract demands", seems to only apply to foreign players as i can offer 1.5k wages as Dagenham to one of the British players on my shortlist but a guy i know only asked for £400p/w yesterday won't even open negotiations.

6 hours ago, SteveUK said:

Latest update seems to have done something to being able to offer contracts to free players for me. Players i could offer contracts to yesterday now say "I am very interested in joining the club in general, but i feel it lacks the financial muscle to even get close to my contract demands", seems to only apply to foreign players as i can offer 1.5k wages as Dagenham to one of the British players on my shortlist but a guy i know only asked for £400p/w yesterday won't even open negotiations.

It will depend if you are professional. You can only sign players who have played in the country or are of the countries nationality if you are semi-pro or professional - I think.

On 02/11/2018 at 15:09, Tanzinho said:

I liked using Christian Hill, however moaned about first team football. He was playing as a left midfielder as his attributes were much better there, but failure to retrain left him sidelined.

On 06/11/2018 at 10:37, matt__h said:

Joe Boyd - solid sweeper keeper have signed him on FT every season since FM17

Brandon Barzey - pacey RWB

Joel Whittingham - even pacier LWB (crossing 10 / pace 16 / acceleration 15) 

Brad Carr - Technical CM / playmaker 

Rui Da Costa - all round midfielder

Josh Hesson - Tough tackling RB / CM / DM utility player 

Deon Moore - solid Lower league striker. Pace / acc / finishing / composure all above 10

Michael Cregan - Poacher 

Rui Da Costa was great on loan for me, really played well in both the ball winning or advanced playmaker role.

Started with Salford City myself, after 3 years and 3 titles now made it to the Championship. First year I got Lewis McGugan (midfielder) on a free transfer and he was a class player for both the National League and League 2. Also Rekeem Harper has been quality on loan to rule the midfield together with McGugan.

Now, these are players I signed for National League North, but they should do well in NL as well.

Mamadou Kone, great pacy RB.

Brad Carr, L2 potential midfielder.

Axel Prohouly, great IF.

As for staff, I got Simon Church for assistant manager, Victor Valdes as a coach and Danny Philpott as scout with 14/15 JPP/JPA.

18 hours ago, Firehouse said:

Now, these are players I signed for National League North, but they should do well in NL as well.

Mamadou Kone, great pacy RB.

Brad Carr, L2 potential midfielder.

Axel Prohouly, great IF.

As for staff, I got Simon Church for assistant manager, Victor Valdes as a coach and Danny Philpott as scout with 14/15 JPP/JPA.

Ally McCoist is my AM, also have Andy Renshaw as Physio, former Liverpool and way too good for Kidderminster! 

• 2 weeks later...
On 25/10/2018 at 21:38, clayton373 said:

I couldn't see that anyone has started a thread for players to sign in the Vanarama National Leagues so I thought I'd kick It off! If there is one already fee free to close this one! 

I'll start. Signed for free but did have to fend off Wrexham by offering high wages:

Grandison.PNG

Had him for 3 seasons, played in two back to back promotion seasons and now a back up in league 2. Very stable player and influential player for me, definitely worth picking up. 

Started a save at Salford City and picked up a couple of handy younger players who have contributed well

Mamadou Kone has become a key player

Venancio Monteiro is a more than capable left winger

Brad Carr is a good depth midfielder

Adu-Peprah holding down the left back spot

Raphael Assibey-Mensah another great left winger

Nathan Baxter and Jordan Corke also good centre back depth players

Alfie Raw is a decent choice for Regional Conference or a National Conference side I've found. His stats aren't brilliant but he is consistent (play him either in his preferred CM position or on the right wing).  

On 06/11/2018 at 10:37, matt__h said:

Every season my first career is a create a club in in the Vanrama South. I choose one of the lowest ranked teams in terms of reputation and budget. I start the career with 0 players in my squad and a budget of about 8k p/w for wages and zero transfer budget.

Hi mate

Looking to do something similar. Hows this save going? And any advice would be greatly appreciated.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I've just started as Blyth Spartans (had a cracking save with them ten years ago on FM'09), and wanted to try again.

Though the money is not really there, I have written down the players in this thread, just in case ;)

So keep'em coming guys, and I'll share some! (If I find some, that is :p) 

• 1 month later...

Started a save with Torquay, Liam Hegarty for right back has been great for me so far and my coaches think he has potential to play league one/two. He's not on massive money either at £425 per week. Also had Jack Diamond on loan from Sunderland, a left winger who was really good but didn't want to sign a loan extension unfortunately so only had him for a few months.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

For anyone looking at central defenders, former Mansfield defender Kieran Harrison is available on a free and he is a bit of an aerial beast. He's 6'2 and has 15 for heading, 14 for jumping reach and 15 for determination, meaning he is good for 7-10 goals a season just from set pieces. Has the potential to be a Conference National player at worst.

Archived