Hello mates, so I have been playing FM 16 for a while now in the Indian National League as Bharat FC club. My attack has been trustworthy this season but my defence was weak so I decided to sign a good defender and signed Ricardo Carvalho. His attributes were great which made me sign him but the problem was he was 40 years old and he is giving a below average performance. So is there a way I can get him back in form ?

It’s probably too late for that at the age of 40. I often sign older players who will be back up, but they never seem to perform well. It’s an endless cycle; you’d much rather a tried and tested player with great attributes then a 16 year old who doesn’t possess any real advantages over the older player.

I know I have made a mistake by signing him but nothing could be done until this season also I cant make another signing so suggest a way to extract the best out of him... Does cutting wages or issuing a discipline for bad performance help ? Thank you in advance

4 minutes ago, AshKing15 said:

I know I have made a mistake by signing him but nothing could be done until this season also I cant make another signing so suggest a way to extract the best out of him... Does cutting wages or issuing a discipline for bad performance help ? Thank you in advance

Unfortunately not. Cutting wages and disciple will make the situation worse. Also if he is a influencer player in team, other players can react bad too. 

19 minutes ago, AshKing15 said:

Okay thanks. Can I make use of him by letting him tutor one of the other younger team players ?

If he has a good personality (high professionalism for example) / determination then sure, that can be a good idea.

Your main problem with this player will be his Physical abilities.  He'll be slow, low stamina, probably low work rate as well.  As he's a central defender that may not matter quite so much as if he were a winger for example, however it'll still hamper his ability to defend.  A high intensity system, with lots of pressing and a high defensive line is probably a bad idea for this player, as that type of system may rely more physical abilities than a more passive system.

3 hours ago, herne79 said:

If he has a good personality (high professionalism for example) / determination then sure, that can be a good idea.

Your main problem with this player will be his Physical abilities.  He'll be slow, low stamina, probably low work rate as well.  As he's a central defender that may not matter quite so much as if he were a winger for example, however it'll still hamper his ability to defend.  A high intensity system, with lots of pressing and a high defensive line is probably a bad idea for this player, as that type of system may rely more physical abilities than a more passive system.

Thanks. Last request - what can be the best role and PI for him because I am planning to make him play every match he is fit for so that I can straight out my money wasted in his wages :(

Archived