FM09 speed and leagues to select?

I have a Dell Latitude D830 laptop, with Intel Centrino Duo @ 2.2 Ghz and 2 GB RAM. I used to play FM08 with every single league selected as playable, and was pretty happy about it.

I'm gonna try the same with FM09 too, I guess I'll just have to move away from the computer in case it explodes...

EDIT: Forgot to mention that I played FM08 with huge database.

I'm currently looking at 20 nations with all leagues in each (54). My basic specs are:

4gig ram

3.0GHz dual core processor (overclocked to about 3.4)

4870 gfx card

I'm really more into the immersion factor than speed but I don't want snail-pace processing. I select every league from every country because if I want to manage in a certain country I'll want to have all of it available to me.

I run the game on one of my 2 monitors so I'm not too fussed with long processing because I can always do other stuff in the other window.

Has anyone else had this many or more before?

My current nation list is:

Argentina

Australia

Belgium

Brazel

China

Czech Republic

England

France

Germany

Greece

Ireland

Italy

Mexico

Netherlands

Portugal

Russia

Scotland

Spain

Turkey

USA

Any suggestions for leagues?

Do you guys recommend using "Load all players" ? I'm thinking maybe use it for Australia, Brazil, England, France, Italy, Japan, Spain just so I get some extra young talent from the top football countries (and Australia because I live here and Japan because I can't load their league)

Will that change things much?

What detail settings do you guys recommend as well?

Do you guys recommend using "Load all players" ? I'm thinking maybe use it for Australia, Brazil, England, France, Italy, Japan, Spain just so I get some extra young talent from the top football countries (and Australia because I live here and Japan because I can't load their league)

Will that change things much?

What detail settings do you guys recommend as well?

How accurate is the recommended settings on the set-up screen of a game where you select the leagues?

I ask because I have 2.0ghz and 2GB Ram and it gives me England to League 2 as recommended. Also if I change the detail level to medium it will not change back to small when I click recommended settings, and if I then change it to Large it will not change down to medium. Seems inaccurate to me.

Hi guys, I'm waiting on the delivery of my game (hopfully all problems will be sorted by then), anyway i was wondering, with my PC specs:

ATI Radeon 9200 128mb

Processor: AMD 3000+ (running at 2.1)

RAM: 1gb

how many leagues do you reckon ill be able to run without the game getting slow? and do you thinks i've got good enough specs to run a huge database?

the demo played fine, but how many leagues to you think i could run with this spec, the most if ever did on fm08 was 3.

AMD Athlon 64 Processor 3800+ 2.40Ghz

1.50 GB Ram

128 ATI Radeon x1300 graphics card

thanks in advance

my pc is similar to yours apart from i have more ram i could run all the uk leagues fine on a huge database, just get some more ram

Hi guys, I'm waiting on the delivery of my game (hopfully all problems will be sorted by then), anyway i was wondering, with my PC specs:

ATI Radeon 9200 128mb

Processor: AMD 3000+ (running at 2.1)

RAM: 1gb

how many leagues do you reckon ill be able to run without the game getting slow? and do you thinks i've got good enough specs to run a huge database?

all of england and a couple more countries

ahh great, i only really intend on running the EPL, Serie A, and La Liga anyway

do you think i will be able to run a huge database as well? (if there even is a huge database option)

thanks

yeah i ran all uk leagues on a machine a little better than yours with a huge database and it ran very well

yeah i ran all uk leagues on a machine a little better than yours with a huge database and it ran very well

ok thanks for the help! cant wait to play the game.

just 1 more quick question - is the loading kinda slow in this yrs game or something? i read people have been saying it takes ages to make subs and load/save and stuff. I remember FM07 used to be slow for me, taking about 5 minutes just to save and close! but FM08 was really quick and i hope this one is too :D

Anyone got some advice for someone looking to stick with a single club for the entire game (starting in Blue Square) but with a large number of players to be able to look at from other leagues (not to mention be able to play friendlies against foreign teams once in a while)?

Notable specs...

Intel Core 2 Duo E6600 with 2.4GHz processors

GeForce 8800 GTS 320MB graphics card

GeIL 2GB (2x1GB) PC6400C4 800MHz RAM

Archived