[Suggestion] More features for international management

kandersson

As a fan of club and country challenges I think international management needs some improvement as I feel this part of the game has been a bit neglected in the years. My suggestion is to include some of the features already present in club management, and add some new ones. A few ideas:

- Dynamics: pretty much the same as club, players would form social groups and good/bad relationships even at international level, based on personality and experiences at their clubs (e.g. good relationships if they play for the same club; bad relationships/different social groups if they play for rival clubs).

- Players partnerships: same as the club, players could develop good/bad partnership on the pitch after they have played together for a while with the NT (or if they play together at their club).

- Player tutoring: same as the club, younger players could me mentored by veterans during international tournaments and NT stages (would also impact NT dynamics and social groups).

- Media coverage: international management is the only area I feel would benefit for more media interaction. Of course it needs to be more contextual, with particular focus on call-ups, specific formation choices and possible dualism/rivalry between high profile players for the starting spot.

-  More and better Interaction between manager and players, resulting in good/bad relationships depending on call-ups, choices and conversations.

Relationships with the FA and their role in the game in particular could also use new features and ideas:

- Ask the FA to build a new specific stadium for the NT.

- Ask the FA to build a specific training center for senior NT and youth teams (similar to 'training facilities' and 'youth facilities' for club).

- Set stages and practice matches for young players.

- Ability to create a FA Academy (following the successful model of Germany) as already suggested in a previous thread. 

14 minutes ago, kandersson said:

- Media coverage: international management is the only area I feel would benefit for more media interaction. Of course it needs to be more contextual, with particular focus on call-ups, specific formation choices and possible dualism/rivalry between high profile players for the starting spot.

Yes to this. We national team managers need more contextual questions from the media (i.e. no repetitive questions about calling up a fast-declining Charlie Austin for England).

16 minutes ago, kandersson said:

-  More and better Interaction between manager and players, resulting in good/bad relationships depending on call-ups, choices and conversations.

I also agree with this.

There was more interaction between national team managers and players in FM13 than there was in FM17. For instance, there's no option to speak to a player 'on demand' anymore. We at least need options to praise/criticise our players' form/attitude, and warn them that their places might be at risk if they aren't playing regular club football.

As someone who plays as national team manager a lot, I totally agree with the suggestions from the OP and I`d also like to add two more:

- tactical familiarity to work different than club level familiarity, of course you`re not going to play 50 games a year as a national team. I`ve never seen tactical familiarity reach max, most I got was close to 65%, and that was after a World Cup in which I played the final, that`s 9 games in 5 weeks (including the pre-tournament friendlies). Don`t tell me that my club midfield pairing that have played 200 games together in the last 5 years suddenly become unfamiliar  with each other just because they play in a different jersey. 

- I know it would add very little to the gameplay, but I`ve always wanted to have the ability to select different venues for different games, I know IRL national team managers get to do that. I now play as Romania, and whilst I agree to play the important matches at the National Arena in Bucharest, I`d also like to play a pointless qualifier against Andorra in Craiova and then the friendly against Iran in Cluj. Maybe have a list of various stadiums the national team uses, I know they`re set in the editor, but the pick seems random, and get to choose from there. Same applies for new stadiums, the national team seems to use the same outdated stadiums to play at. 

- I find it odd to not have my contract revenewed and just have it roll along until I get sacked or I resign. 

• 3 months later...

Archived