what's wrong with goalkeepers?

I play Tottenham, and to prevent Lloris decay i searched a top young goalkeeper.

So I bought Donnamura from Milan, 80M fee, on paper he is the best... 

And then, 8 first matchs on Premier League: 12 goals conceded.  And not against monster teams... 

Is this really worth it to have the best GK possible? 

Is this really worth it to have the best GK possible? 

1) Yes, probably to a reasonable extent

2) The guy has just arrived

3) 12 matches are like a random fart in the wind. Individual freak results could have already influenced the tally

4) No keeper will save you from conceding regularly if you have your back doors  bust wide open

5) Conversely, an average keeper may not concede overly much with superior protection

Some players can take quite a long time to fit into a new team on this version. It might take a while until he clicks, especially when he doesn't speak the language and is a peripheral part of the social group.

Are you sure you bought THE Gianluca Donnarumma? His older brother is also at Milan at save start (Antonio) and is pretty useless.

Also, if he has decent defence in front of him he will do fine as a GK-D. Shonky defence and he can only do what he can do. If you are at start of save - he does get better in 2nd season (or at least, did with me in my AC Milan save).

Archived